1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Aiyuk

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Aug 5, 2024.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    You must not read many posts on this board.

2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    IMG_0714.jpeg And I’ll even throw in a battery daddy

3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    You like that one :roflmao:

4. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Now we are getting somewhere!
    OK, this is a somewhat delicate subject, but it might get Aiyuk to sign on the dotted line: are there any of those so called “Gentlemen’s Clubs” around? I know they must allow at least SOME women to join, because I have seen the billboards. And do they have gift certificates? I understand that NFL players like such places. At least DeShawn Watson did or does.
    I would like the Aiyuk saga to have a happy ending.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    No reason to get a wr with this o line. save the picks since they shopuld be really high the upcoming year because we have 6 wins written all over the season. maybe 5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Ahh yes, the old classic "Oh no! We suck! Look out, we will finally have a bad year!" I don't know how many times this franchise has to prove to us that isn't who they are for us to realize that this year's team will be no different.... We're FAR too talented to be a 5 or 6 win team. Simply just too good. Defensively, we are too good to lose that many games. Won't happen.

Since 2017 (TJ's rookie year), the only time we lose games at a high rate is when he is injured. If TJ stays healthy (and we keep our key defensive guys like Minkah, Porter, and Queen healthy as well), there is 0 reason to expect that we will be worse than a 9 win team. Our offense was atrocious last season and we won 10. We are going to be fine. I'd prefer the offense be better and for us to win more than 10 (and a playoff game for a change too). But I also know that it is HIGHLY unlikely that we are worse than a 9 win team. We've just been given 0 reasons to expect that we will be.

8. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I don't think we're too talented to end up going 6-11 this year, especially on offense. If TJ goes down, we're in big trouble

9. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    The offense is basically the same as its been, but we (on paper) got better at QB and added a couple players at a OL positions that we were weaker at. No DJ certainly hurts, but aside from that we are the same or better at every position. The defense should be better too, adding a veteran safety, a Pro Bowl ILB, and a competent 2nd CB. We weren't so devoid of talent to be a 6 win team last year, why would we be this year?

The only scenario where we even sniff 6 wins is an immediate TJ season ending injury coupled with multiple other major setbacks (a Pickens injury, or another injury run at a particular position). We're probably just a 9-10 win team again give or take a game on either side depending on how we do in close games. Not saying its impossible (crazy scenarios have happened in the past), but I would imagine we have the same chance at winning the Super Bowl as we do winning less than 7 games.

10. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    It shouldn't be as bad as before if TJ misses a significant number of games due to injury with the addition of Queen, hopefully it won't happen though. I'm still worried about that anemic offense though, could end up being even worse than last year. Already we have 3 probable starters on the O-line that are injured to various degrees, and an old man that got run out of Denver as our starting QB. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm prepared for the worse

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015

Did you see our schedule ? last 8 games brutal

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I did. Lots can change between now and then. Who would've thought in 2023 that the Texans would be a tough game and the Bengals wouldn't have been that big of a test? Injuries and player breakouts can change a LOT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    They better get off to a good start the first half of the season, say 7-2 or 6-3 at worst if they have any aspirations of post season play. They'll be lucky to go 4-4 those last 8 games with that schedule. If the O-line can gel, and Russ can play anywhere near his prime, they'll have a good shot of making the playoffs. Those are big if's though

14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Washington just traded jahan Dotson to the Eagles for peanuts. Former first round pick with upside who had never had a decent QB

Thats the type of trade that makes sense for the Steelers now rather than giving up the farm for a guy like Aiyuk who you are buying at the top of his market

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    The sad reality is that you usually only get what you pay for, but there are bargains sometimes to be had, although they're rare. Maybe Dotson will find his way with the Eagles, we'll see

The Steelers have an excellent track record of being able to find very good WR's in rounds 2-4 of the draft, hopefully they can find one in next years draft too, or maybe pick up a guy soon with unfulfilled potential on the cheap. But yeah, I don't think Aiyuk is worth giving up the farm on

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    This... and although this may be just talk to appease Pickens, a couple of times I have read regardless if they got Aiyuk, they we set on keep Pickens because they like his talent. So yes, all of a sudden we will come up with the cash to sign 2 WR near or more than 30 million each, just end this charade and get back to business.

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Khan asleep at the wheel with all his focus on Aiyuk?

Jahan Dotson was just traded from Washington to the Eagles for a pick swap of a 3rd for a 5th and Dotson. Do you think Khan made a call when Washington was shopping Dotson, or is Khan all in on the Aiyuk trade?

What do you call someone who has tunnel vision?
    narrow-mindedness - blind spot - narrow outlook - obsession - one-track mind - shortsightedness - blinders - fixation

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Khan may be all in on the Aiyuk trade. For that matter, I would be willing to wager that he is awaiting San Fran and John Lynch to blink first. Why?! Two words.

Trent. Williams.

The longer this plays out, the more likely that Trent gets resigned. If anything, that may very well be the final piece of the puzzle Omar is waiting on. Trent being signed will all but signal the beginning of the end for Aiyuk in the Bay.

Once that happens... expect trade talks to heat up once more. Some say Washington isnt done trading yet but unless Aiyuk signs off on it (something he hasnt done regarding playing for Washington), Pittsburgh is still very much in the drivers seat for the trade.

Only way this can fall sideways is if Washington pulls off the unthinkable and offer a literal warchest of both draft capital and cash to Aiyuk that both San Fran and Aiyuk cannot possibly resist.

19. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I have a feeling the potential trade for Aiyuk is off the table. Not really sure what Kahn has cooking for a WR, he might be content with the WR room he has right now. Who really knows if Dotson was even on Kahn's radar

20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't understand the Trent Williams thing at all. The Guy is a complete hold out, he is 36 years old, has 3 years left on his contract, and is currently the 4th highest paid OT in the league.

Why in the world aren't fans throwing some "HATE" his way???

I give players a free pass when they demand a new contract and they are still on their rookie deal. But, as for Trent Williams, he negotiated his current contract and should be forced to play on it.

Year
    Salary ----- Bonus ----- Roster Bonus
    2021 $1,550,000 $6,020,000 $750,000
    2022 $1,801,111 $7,109,777 $750,000
    2023 $19,400,000 $7,109,777 $750,000
    2024 $20,050,000 $7,109,777 $750,000
    2025 $22,500,000 $7,109,777 $750,000
    2026 $32,210,000 $7,109,777 $750,000

21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    6 and 11 well within reality, even with a great defense. this D will WEAR DOWN if this offense blows chunks.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Massive reason; literally.

Beyond Trent Williams, who else can the 49ers count on regarding the Offensive Tackles?! There literally is no contingency plan there at all. Granted, going all in means you are already among the best of the best.

However, it also means that you only have so many times before that time bomb goes off?

23. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Alas, I see Brandon Aiyuk as the NFL equivalent of that attractive girl you dreamed about in high school, who you asked out on a date, but ultimately nothing came of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Can't wait until this drama show is over. Its Nauseating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I still see no reason why we are going after him with arthur Smith system.

• Agree Agree x 1