1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chill, It’s ONLY pre-season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TWISTER, Aug 19, 2024.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Well, that's refreshing to know. It just seems like anytime I dare say anything critical about Tomlin, guys come out of the woodwork to flame me. It's ok though, I respect their opinion, even if it's wrong :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I disagree. Of course winning the SB is the ultimate prize but everyone knows how hard that is unless you have a Brady or Mahomes. Winning playoff games shows a progression and proves you are actually a contender. Sneaking into the 7 seed and getting blown out only means you get a worst draft pick while being a fraud all along.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    In this thread alone, you have admitted at least three times that you have exaggerated, are just joking, or maybe had poor word choice. Let me suggest another reason……maybe you are just trolling.

An objective conversation is completely fair, but when backed into a corner, your admitting flaws in your argument, then you run right back to us all being “Tomlin Apologists”. Pick up your ball and go home.

4. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I feel you man, but if Tomlin could just win one playoff game, I would look at it as progress. You have to crawl before you can walk

5. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I would say it's time to go find the next Mike Tomlin. We moved on from Noll, it was time for Cowher to move on, and frankly its been time for Tomlin to move on. If you were the chairman of the board of a company and Mike was your CEO and you are paying him what you have paid him and looking at the talent he has had over the years are you satisfied with the results? If you are then ok, I would be in the camp that says no way time to move on. However I don't get a vote, Rooney does and he decided to pay him. For me it's that feeling I have had for years that he never seems to have the team fully ready to play but why rehash what many of us have written about before. Gonna root for the Steelers till I die but man I long for a change with the team and don't believe in my heart, gut whatever that he can guide us to another Super Bowl win.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Sorry if my way of expressing myself isn't up to your standards. You can just ignore me, or try to tell me how much smarter you are than me like you're doing now. Doesn't really matter to me either way

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Rice and potatoes are good, both no gluten. And yes, there is gluten-free beer.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I am far from a Tomlin apologist. In fact, I wanted him fired about 5 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    No problem, I'm with you on that. Doesn't matter what we think about it, Rooney seems to be in love with the guy

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

this

we are not even competitive at a high level nor have we been for many years.

yes - SB's are the ultimate prize, but being in the conversation is nice too

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

many here seem to have come around to see that it is a Rooney problem. it has been for many years. We suffer as fans due to an incompetent owner. many franchises have gone thru this. it sucks, as a fan

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    After seeing the first o line unit, its safe to say we have the worst oline in the nfl AGAIN. Injury to center does not help. We are doomed this year. The last 9 games are a gauntlet and murderer's row. If we lose first two games, pencil in 5 wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It always falls on ownership. The coaches and players are just the manifestation of the issues, right? The owner hires the coach and GM and gives them power to make decisions that impact the franchise. Coordinators, draft selections, trades, etc. These are the issues we've had. It is most concerning that we seem to be happy with where we are and not in much of a rush to put pressure on the folks that make decisions around here. Khan is new and seems to be doing fine... only time will tell. But who hires the DC? The OC? Who's decision was it to keep Canada around for so long? We seem to be afraid to take a shot a moving forward because we are scared of losing the status quo. Khan is a refreshing change, because he seems unafraid to shake things up and take a swing at really improving this team and organization. Rooney shied away from that decision with the Tomlin extension.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    [​IMG]

say it ain't so!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    How long has Tomlin been here? How long has it been since he won a playoff game? There are such low expectations for a coach with so many years experience. I believe Tomlin would have been fired from many franchises rather than being extended. He is taking the Steelers nowhere and it's embarrassing seeing the Steelers get their asses kicked in the weekly clown show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
  18. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Signed Pittsburgh Pirate fans

19. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The steelers are two full steps behind any AFC contender and with that o line......may be in New England Las Vegas territory. We might need 3 qbs to play by the end of the year due to injuries. O line could not stop some player who will be selling life insurance in three weeks