1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chill, It’s ONLY pre-season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TWISTER, Aug 19, 2024.

1. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I’m just curious for all the Tomlin Haters, what would you all think if we got rid of Tomlin and the next coach only had 5 wins each season for 3 years, then the next coach have 3 wins per season?

You cannot place blame on one single person. So many things has to go right during a season to go to the big game. You have to have the talent on Offense, Defense, Special Teams. You have to have the right playcalling, you have to be free of key injuries. And sometimes the ball just has to bounce in the right direction.

For ANYONE to think that getting rid of Tomlin is gonna automatically get us to the only game that matters The Super Bowl and WIN it in the next couple of years is pathetic.

I just want to know what Coach out there do you think is going to get us there?

You people are the same ones that thought once Big Ben was gone that we were gonna automatically go to the Super Bowl, yep you all placed blame on Ben holding us back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

que dices vato?

3. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I don't think anyone expects them to win the SB the next year after Tomlin is gone, they might even regress for a couple of years, but sometimes you have to take one step backwards in order to take 2 steps forward. Things have been stale for the last 5 years now, I thought this year should've been Tomlins farewell tour. It's long overdue for a new head coach to try to shake things up, and get back to the "standard" we once knew

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    So let’s just stay with a coach who has won 3 playoff games in 13 years because there might not be a better option. Got it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    These Tomlin worshipers know not from logic

6. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Or we can go with one that would never get us there

7. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    We are two years post-Ben and three years post-Villaneuva, Pouncy, and Decastro. You can say 5 years because it sounds better, but you should at least frame things with context. If you said, the next year or two is make or break for Tomlin, then I could completely agree.

Based on the above, the offense was going to need a rebuild, especially because Ben wasn’t himself at the end.

8. Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2019
    Can you show me which posts are worship of Tomlin?

9. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Not a worshipper, but sure know that blame can’t be placed on ONE person.

10. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    What about those who are gluten intolerant?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I think I'm being kind by saying only 5 years. I thought the last 2 years WERE make it or break it years for Tomlin, but he did just barely enough to get by and secure a 3 year extension. They should have a picture of Mike Tomlin in Webster's Dictionary under the word "mediocre", lol

Last edited: Aug 20, 2024
  12. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Oh, I'm not saying this is all on Tomlin, there's plenty of blame to go around, but the buck stops with him

Last edited: Aug 20, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    LOL. My bad, I meant "glutton". Sorry for the confusion :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2019
    Are you referring to 2020 when the defense had a bunch of injuries and Ben lost it for us in the playoffs (4 picks) or 2019 where Ben was out for much of the season and Rudolph started as a Rookie?

15. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    No mucho

16. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    No rice or potatoes… but is there a gluten free beer?

17. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but there's more than a few posters here that feel Tomlin can do no wrong, and he should have a lifetime job for going 9-8 year after year

18. Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2019
    I think most fans can get behind this type of sentiment, myself included.

Tomlin has signed an extension, but one would hope that he has to show something in the next few years.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  19. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Like I said before, it's not ALL on Tomlin, just 99% :lolol:

20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    And you know this how?

21. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Mediocre Mike :bowdown:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Do you see any potential signs of improvement for the next 3 years? I mean, our #1 QB is a 36 year old has been that the Broncos paid 40 million to NOT play for them, and our #2 QB is a bust that can't read defenses. Add to that, we only have one WR worth a damn! Should I even mention Tomlin's disastrous little game of musical chairs with the O-Line? This team, and organization is a mess, and it's not going to get any better in the future with Tomlin at the helm

23. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    start naming coaches that you think can get us there that we would actually hire. I mean do we have the players like we had when Tomlin took over? I mean everyone says he won the Super Bowl with Cowhers players. So was it the Coach or players that won it all?

people should know the History of the hiring Coaches well enough that they aren’t gonna hire someone known, who knew Tomlin at the time? Most people on here think we are gonna go out and get Andy Reid and have a ring in a few years.

its simple, we do have some very talented players, but like I said before, it’s not just players that wins the games, it’s EVERYTHING combined.

24. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    You just said nobody knew Tomlin but you want me to name candidates? Make it make sense. You really think there is no coordinator in the entire NFL that could possibly be an upgrade over a guy trying to turn back the clock on football 80 years.

It’s not all Tomlins fault I agree with that. It’s actually Rooney’s fault for not firing him 7 years ago.

25. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Broncos paid him 40 million to NOT play for them :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: