1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Aiyuk

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Aug 5, 2024.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

well.....you don't game plan AT ALL or show anything in pre-season. If you have any coaching brain cells.

that said, problems are real right now on the OLINE.

health and depth, and experience. Will take TIME for this unit to gel. If ever......

• Like Like x 3
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You can be vanilla and still execute especially the bubble guys trying to get something on tape. That game they just looked like a high school team and the Bills looked like they were getting ready for regular season week 3. I had some hope that with Smith as newly infused blood that the lazy let's play catch type of practice would be on the way out but that hope is dying a slow death.

3. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    This is almost comical now. No decision and so much drama. Unbelievable.

4. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Yep, this is about right.
    His dumb one liners would get old real quick with any assistant with a brain.

6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The length of the contract is the real head scratcher. I don't think he's earned 3 additional years. I'm fine if we want to keep rolling, but he's starting to wear a bit thin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    He said Garanimals IMG_0663.jpeg

8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
  10. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Starting to wear a bit thin?? Of course he hasn’t earned 3 more years but this fraud of a Rooney gave him the “lifetime” deal

11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I wonder who leaked the $28 million figure? Aiyuk or the Steelers?

Earlier I said that the 49ers should ask Aiyuk how much the Steelers contract offer was, and then just match it. If Aiyuk told the 49ers what the Steelers offer was, I guess the 49ers could have leaked it then.

12. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    What are you talking about? Steeler fans who were around in the 70s know better than anyone how far this franchise has fallen. We don't think a winning season is something to puff your chest up about, we're disgusted with the lack of playoff wins, and we mourn the loss of the "the standard".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What is a “match” in this case? California’s top income tax rate is 13% vs 3% in PA, and housing in the Bay Area is probably 2-3x what it is in the Pittsburgh area.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    31 page thread and counting. I'm getting annoyed seeing a non Steeler on first page and at the top.

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

he hasn't earned 3 weeks

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    It was tough to evaluate when the line played terrible. The plays were blown up before they could even develop.

17. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    The guy isn’t worth $28 million and a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick. Not in this offense. This is nonsense that we are even considering trading for the guy. I am sure Houston or somebody will have someone to trade at much less price. We need to get the offensive line established and the QB established before we worry about the so called last piece. Its going to have a ripple effect of negative consequences on this team contractually in the future if we sign this guy. IN fact we already set the precedent for a difficult road ahead in negations with alot of our current players who will be up for current contracts. They now are gong to want want more guaranteed years on their contracts etc. so not sure how we will navigate that in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

correct - there was someone in the backfield within a sec or 2 all night long

19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think some of those sacks last week were coverage sacks. They keep talking up Van Jefferson, but I don't see him breaking away from his defenders. I don't see anyone on this team that can replace what DJ was bringing to the table for route running and getting open. I myself want to kick the tires on Michael Thomas.

And it is driving me crazy that Darnell Washington does not have a single reception; it is preseason surely you can let Washington play long enough, that he goes from being a 6th offensive lineman to actually playing a little Tight End in the 4th QTR.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ah, the old “it’s a message board “ excuse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I would love to see Darnell get more receptions. I would like the Steelers to kick the tires on Noah Brown from Houston or Alec Pierce from the Colts. I think those guys would make a nice number 2 receiver. They are bigger bodied but yet still have some speed. Can support the run game as well.

22. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I would disagree. Not that I am under any delusion that MT is still a top 5 HC in this league (that distinction is one of the past). But there are some major plusses to Tomlin. Consistency and the players love playing for him. He also draws people to want to come to Pittsburgh to play for him, particularly younger black players (of which the NFL is primarily made up of). Its the on-field, X's and O's type stuff that has really held us back. It feels like the modern offense is passing us by. It feels like he is better at delegating leadership to the locker room than taking it on himself (not everyone is cut out for that, so not necessarily a knock). He is an increasingly average coach and we for some reason treat him like its 2010 still.... That is what I disagree with. He should have a hot-seat situation. Not a "we've lost all faith" seat, but one of "put up or shut up". We've had some really talented rosters the past 15 years and very little to show for it. Its unacceptable.

I could understand wanting to extend him.... 3 years is for someone that is showing high levels of success. I don't think that MT has filled those shoes in a city used to winning playoff games. 1 year would've been acceptable. IDK.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    IMG_0713.jpeg

24. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I for one am tired of the Aiyuk soap opera. Since the Niners, Steelers, and Aiyuk can’t get the deal done, it is up to us, the fans, to sweeten the pot with a package of enough stuff to make Aiyuk the highest paid receiver in the NFL. I propose that we each throw in a few dollars and buy Aiyuk some Primanti’s gift certificates, season passes to Kennywood, the Science Center, and the Carnegie, a dinner at LeMont withSophia Vergara (she split from her husband), and a special tour of Fallingwater. And anything else that will add up to about $2million to make his compensation package the highest.
    I am sure you guys have some suggestions as to what to add.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Ill throw in a roll of Copenhagen long cut

26. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    And ill throw in free beer as long as tab isnt over $20 IMG_0699.jpeg