1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chill, It’s ONLY pre-season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TWISTER, Aug 19, 2024.

1. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So much negativity this pre season already. Has everyone forgotten how great our pre season was last year and how KFP tore it up and gave us great expectations for the season ahead, and despite that perfect pre season we came out and got our @sses kicked in the Home opener.

I’m gonna remain optimistic and just be grateful that Steelers Football is back for another season. No more boring Sundays, even if the outcome isn’t always what I want it to be. At least we get to see the Black n Gold. We get the feeling of being hopeful.

At the end of the day, whether we win or lose on any given Sunday, we will get up the next day and live our everyday lives. And look forward to the next weekend.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Sorry, but whatever hope I had left flew out the window when they gave Tomlin a 3 year extension

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

yeah, Rooney is a dummy, that is for sure

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If things are still looking bleak around week 4 or so I might start to worry. Until then I’m not the slightest bit concerned. It is preseason after all. Nobody gives a crap about the score. It was also the very first in game snaps for our qb that’s in the pole position. In addition to that yet another new offensive line combination. In top of those things it’s a whole new offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    All I know is they better get their act together before I travel to Denver for Week 2. I don’t want to go out there and see another blowout like the 41-10 whooping that the Bills laid on us up in Buffalo. They need to at least make it exciting and competitive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Dan Orlovsky, yet another talking head from ESPN said the Steelers should start Justin Fields.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Or any given Monday, Thursday, Saturday. And if I'm guessing right at some point there will be an NFL game on every night.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    After last year watching the starters, you thought the Steelers be world beaters and they failed to do good to start the year.

So I'm not putting much thought into it.

The injures how ever are a bit concerning to start. Warren hurt, Fontanu hurt.

I think the offensive line needs to come together, its a young line it will take time to gel, but with hurt bodies you got people playing all these different line spots, hard to gel.

But, the last game the pass blocking was terrible and that was for both QBs

9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Now that I’ve read this,for the first time in my life i might actually hope the Steelers lose

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    You are right having football back is the best time of the year. I remember Chuck Noll's first year when the Steelers won their first game and then proceeded to lose the next 13. But you know what, watching them lose every week was still a heck of a lot better than not watching them at all.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Im as guilty as the next guy, i get pissed and go on a negative, the sky is falling rant. Im trying to be better. Getting old comes with a lot of impatience and negativity, my apologies.:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    IMG_0713.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Unfortunately, he isnt. I hope he is.

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Care to tell me why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Then why don't you go root for another team until Tomlin is gone? Jeez, what a bunch of Schleprocks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    He can suck it! Annoyed me as a Coach and annoys me as a talking head. Probably a Steeler related thing for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Best Case: might take some time for the o-line to get it together to be a top 1/3 unit.
    Worst Case: Jones and Fautanu injuries linger and the line struggles to get healthy and in sync resulting in them being ineffective most of the year

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelLion69

SteelLion69 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2023
    Tomlin is simply an outdated relic, the defensive head coach. He was fine in the late 2000's. The league and rules have changed. An NFL Head Coach has to be an analytical offensive mind who knows quarterbacks or play design.

The Steelers aren't competing for a title until they get a new Head Coach and Quarterback. We don't have a winning combination and are killing time for three years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think with age, I’m 53 now. But way back in my 20’s and 30’s, I wouldn’t talk to people days after we lost. I’ve had holes in my walls from remote controls. But now I’m a trillion times more calm…lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    The moderators around here need to do their job and lock down this thread. It's dangerously close to having too much optimism on display, threatening a rift in the spacetime continuum.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Because there is significant number of you that seem to be truly miserable humans. Y’all will find something to complain about no matter what. This way if you spend a bunch of money traveling to see a game and they lose you actually have something to complain about.

for example look at arch. He believes the nfl is rigged. Okay fine, I’ve got no problem with that. However, if he truly believes its rigged he should know his complaints are pointless. It makes no difference who the coaches or players are so he’s just complaining for the sake of complaining

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    You have a point there, lol. Guess I'm playing along like it's not rigged because I want to believe that it's not, just like when I watch the WWE :wink:

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The WWE is rigged???

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  25. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Well, that's the rumor :hehehe: