1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Guys we have alot of work to do

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Feb 3, 2013.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    i really hate to say it and it makes me sick to type it but flacco is getting good. this offense scares me alittle. the old ravens would never do a back shoulder throw on 3rd and inches. we need to sure up our secondary in a hurry. need to find a way to get a consistant pass rush either by getting lineman who demand a double team to free up lbs or fund a stud pass rusher.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If the 9ers could simply tackle that would've never been an issue.

3. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    The Ravens have been good every year only the steelers know how to beat them in the playoffs. We beat them with Charlie Batch for crying out loud. and would of sweep them if Ben didn't get hurt

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I hope right now our guys are watching this and foaming at the mouth. Sadly, however, most of our guys were FOR these losers!!!

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Over-all our secondary is not the issue..... the front 7 is

6. Dick Shiner

Dick Shiner Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Honestly, I'm not too worried about Baltimore moving forward. I think they're going to lose A LOT with Ray Lewis retiring. It's not that he is still an elite player, but his leadership on that young team is immeasurable. Ed Reed is soon to follow. That defense was not very good this season. I think they're going to miss the playoffs next season. They shouldn't have even been in the AFC title game this year. Denver really choked that one away.

I think Cincinnati is the team we most need to be concerned about within our division. They keep stockpiling draft picks and they've got some nice young skills players. They're getting better defensively too.

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Both lines of ours are weak.

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    THIS is why I rooted for the Ravens in this game. The Ravens will push the Steelers...and Tomlin/Colbert need as much pusing as possible, because Ozzie Newsome is a better personnel man.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'll say it again though. OUR guys were ROOTING for them. So it's hard for me to see how this could light a fire under our guys. Really this Super Bowl makes me even more mad at the Steelers for the fact that as a Steelers fan I'm miserable a lot of the players on the team I love are HAPPY right now. It's just a horrible feeling for me. I agree with you in theory though. This SHOULD light a fire but who knows?

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I don't think it's any great mystery that the Ravens' two playoff losses to the Steelers lit a fire under THEM. Suggs once said, "WE want they've (Steelers) got." Well, now they have it. And now, how many Steelers players DO NOT have a ring? A lot of the starters don't. So...it's game on. When you're the champ, there's a bullseye on your back. And that bullseye is now on the Ravens' backs. If the Steelers are competitors, they'll respond.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That's an interesting quote from Gumby Suggs. I wonder if THEY were rooting for US in 08 and '10?

12. NM Steelers Fan

NM Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The funny thing is, now they have to PAY UP for Flacco. They offered him 16M a year and he turned it down. Now he's the fricking MVP of the Superbowl, LMAO. Some guys over there are going to get cut to make room to pay him.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not that worried about the Bengals they still have Andy Dalton at qb.

14. jenyeart

jenyeart Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    The Ratbirds may be the enemy, but there is a respect for the way they play the game (because they try to emulate us, of course). That is why the Steeler players were rooting for them.
    I was at the game last year when "the lights went out" in Candlestick and the 49er fans were first class a-holes.
    The Steeler players also said that the 49ers played dirty that game and were purposely trying to roll up on Ben's ankle after the whistle to injure him.

I agree that Cinci is the team we need to be more concerned about next year. The Ravens won't even make the playoffs.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not me! I hate the Raven's! Still don't understand how Steelers fans could pull for them?

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I second that. But thank goodness it's OVER! Now on to this upcoming season.

What a garbage halftime show. Amazes me what people see in Bouncy. That chick can't dance :lolol:

Priority is getting Keenan Lewis signed Can't wait to see whats in store for them Steelers.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He was talking about Steelers players, as many of them were publicly rooting for the Ravens.

18. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    our secondary is becoming an issue. unless you are happy with mundy and golden at the safties. troy has missed more than he has played and if clark is back at all he aint that young.

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I really don't have a problem with our players rooting for them. People expect the players to have the same hatred of rivals that we fans do, but the NFL players are a fraternity. They get to know, and respect, players on other teams - particularly the teams that they play twice a year. Many of them will feel the rivalry the same way that one of us might feel a rivalry with a friend - when you play against your friend, you really, really want to win, but you root for your friend against someone else. I would guess that there's a huge amount of mutual respect between the two teams. Also, the players know that they can end up on the same team at some point. We fans are Steeler fans for life, but most of the players come in as fans of other teams and become Steelers when they join the team. They don't have the bitter history with the Ravens that we fans do.

20. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Makes sense. I remember after the 2008 playoff game against the Ravens when Mason told Tomlin, "Good luck down there." You could see the mutual respect amid the rivalry.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    There was another thread the other day where I put basically what you just said. It still sucks though. I wish the players would identify more with the fans and hate who we hate.

22. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Man, I dont agree with you sometimes, but I am with you 1000% on this!!! I just dont GET it at all. There is NO scenario that would have me rooting for them- ever.

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    thats going to change. our o-line now has alot of potential and so does our d-line. they are very young.:cool:

24. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why can't you understand how someone could pull for the Ravens?