1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Cowherd top 10 head coaches

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Like Noll with Bradshaw???

• Like Like x 2
  2. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Tomlin has been consistently outcoached for years.

3. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    If you look at Noll, post-Bradshaw (1983 to 1991), the Steelers were 70-73 over 9 seasons. During that time they made the playoffs 3 seasons and had a post-season record of 2-3.

By no means am I comparing Tomlin to Noll, just trying to continue making the point that QB play does impact the Head Coach.

I think Tomlin certainly has his faults, but when you consider his overall career, he does deserve the opportunity of a couple more years to right the ship.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I did not know that Harbaugh was kicked out of college football and was forced to take the job in the NFL with the Chargers or get banned from football until 2028.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — The NCAA announced a four-year, show-cause order for former Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh on Wednesday for impermissible contact with recruits and players during the COVID-19 pandemic, effectively banning him from college athletics until August 2028.
    NCAA hands Jim Harbaugh 4-year show cause for recruiting violations | AP News

5. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    click bait........and it worked!

6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This is almost always the case. QB's are essential. They're making $60 million a year for a reason.

That's why the trade for Minkah is still baffling to me. It happened AFTER their 37 year old QB's arm tore off.

How do you trade your first round pick(for a safety of all things) when you just lost your 37 year old QB to a potentially career ending injury, and have nothing behind him? How do you do that?!

Maybe use that first rd pick to make a move on one of the QB's in that draft?

You weren't gonna get Burrow. But, they could've made a move for Herbert or Tua. They could've drafted Jordan Love or Jalen Hurts with the pick they had. But nooooo.

Let's just wait and see if our 38 year old QB has anything left. In fact, let's wait two more years until #7 officially has nothing left. When we're forced to draft a QB that, rightfully, nobody else wanted because, hey, we gotta do something.

That was an UNBELIEVABLY bungled transition that we're still living through, and probably will be for awhile. That's on all of them, Rooney, Colbert, and Tomlin.

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I believe the reason was Free Safety Sean Davis got a major shoulder injury and was put on IR. Enter the Minkah trade.

Ben was a statue as well. Then in his last season they had that scrub Green starting in front of him and Dan Less starting on his blind side. Both rookies. And had Canada calling plays. Its like somehow they were trying to sabotage him. I believe Art II was the only one that wanted him back for his final season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    You made a good point but I am convinced the Steelers would have ruined the QB if that had been their decision to draft a QB in the first round in 2020 especially if it had been Love or Hurts...Matt Canada was that bad

9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Tomlin ruins a lot.

:facepalm:

Blame Rooney

that is why he is referred to a mediocre Mike......

let's not forget Tomlins great confidence with the legend, Randy Finchtner!

Tomlin's plans year after year was : "We have Ben, Let's Go."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
  10. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    This isn't even remotely true. Harbaugh was named the coach of the Chargers back in January. The suspension wasn't announced until the end of July.

Here's the article.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...ded-college-football/0d8fb7ee36810605be282625

11. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    So, you are assuming that Harbaugh had no idea he was being investigated for a 2020 NCAA rules violation and was getting kicked out of college football when he decided to jump ship to the NFL?

You did read that this was from 2020 and had nothing to do with his 2023 4 game suspension.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
  12. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I've seen better hitting in this thread than I did last Friday. Way to put the pads on people!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Absolutely but you are speculating why he left Michigan. Never mind the fact that he had just won a national title and maybe he felt like he accomplished everything he wanted to in college?
    At any rate, he certainly wasn't "kicked out" of coaching college football. I just found your choice of words overly dramatic.

14. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
  15. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    FMR.
    I need some of what they be smokin.

I do know for fact the staff is in the top 32

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Noll had a lot more then just Bradshaw. Talk about being blessed. Noll kept bringing in great players. Noll was a great NFL Coach. Great evaluator of players and kept them in line for the most part.

NFL has changed so damn much since his days.

17. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    His teams were loaded with hall of fame talent. However he was responsible for developing those players. In my mind he's the best coach we ever had

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    A little hypothetical situation:
    Swap Shanahan and Tomlin right now.

would Shanahan be better with this roster?

Tomlin has shown with a top ten QB he can compete. With a bottom ten QB he’s.500 + 1.

Can you really say that about Shannahan?

And not just one year, but year after year.

19. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I don't think Tomlin would been able to develop Purdy like Shanahan was able to do....Don't forget, Shanahan also almost won the super bowl with Jimmy G in 2019, a below average QB, almost made the super bowl 2 years later with him again....Our offense would have been incredible under Shanahan in the killer B's era too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    This.. Popcorn will never develop a qb. In fact he has another KFP on his roster in Fields. Somehow people are convinced Popcorn is going to show Fields the way. Hopefully he does, but being a betting man I wouldn’t count on it.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ben could bring his big a$$ in here right now , and provide more Qb play than we have seen in the last 2 years.

23. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Moronic!

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're a little hard on yourself :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Ok numbnuts, you just love to argue and I can’t take it at anymore so I’m going to respond. The Niners went to the Super Bowl 5 years before Shanahan got there, not 3. They also went 5-11 and 2-14 in the 2 years before Shanahan came onboard. Therefore, Shanahan is responsible for where they are, which is currently the best team player for player in the league. And yes, the head coach plays a massive role in that. Tomlin has been **** as a talent evaluator, has zero coaching tree, even after being here for 17 years and hasn’t won a playoff game in 8 years. He’s respected as a players coach because he coddles the players and doesn’t hold them accountable. He doesn’t develop talent, he doesn’t play any sort of innovative football, he is awful at challenges and time management, he’s terrible at picking assistants. I mean, it goes on and on. So will you please stop spouting lies, inaccuracies and BS all the time????? The players love him….thats IT about Mike Tomlin. Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it.