1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

PRESEASON Week One vs. Houston Texans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Aug 9, 2024.

1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    No

2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You mention those guys and he’ll throw a pick

3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Tough loss will be hard to overcome I’m afraid.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I used to love that offense though... 5 wide sets... didn't they have a nick name for it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    He has been around quite awhile, this is his 5th team I think. The 3rd QB option is new this year, cannot remember exactly how it goes, but counting him on the 53 man roster, but does not count against the gameday guys who dress, can only come in if both 1 and 2 QB's are not able to return to the field.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Air Gun Offense

• Like Like x 1
  7. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    How will they ever recover?

8. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Those 5 were actually all pretty good receivers, was a lot of fun to watch.

9. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    TOMLIN couldn’t get them up tonight. Yet another fail.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yancey Thigpen, Ernie Mills, Andre Hastings, Kordell Stewart, and Corey Holliday.

Yeah baby...give me that all day, every day!!!

11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    The trip back to Latrobe will be filled with misery and lament, not so much the loss, but MT trying to recreate the 79 Bucs magic by constantly playing We are Family over the intercom speaker.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I bet you could "get them up"!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Allen looked solid to me. The interception at the end is just what happens when you are at the end of the game and down by 8 with a long ways to go. I really put any concern on it. Clock management wasn't as good as it should be during the 2 minute. I don't know if that was Allen or the play calling though. They had a lot of throws between the hash marks.

The receivers during the 2 minute kept looking down the field for where to run to when they should have been looking towards the sideline.

Najee looked faster to me.

Edwards looked a lot like Warren on his big run.

I think Herbig was trying to make sure he wasn't the center for the season....lol..... Or was it fields?

Austin played well.

14. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Just got home from the scrimmage and see Twitter is all over fire the OC…. Hahahahahaha so much doom n gloom in my section. Some pretty good stuff to take away from the scrimmage… namely most of us are old enough to remember last pre season when Everystuff was lights out with pickets. And we see what happened there.

Was kinda surprised at Allen’s load and no plumlee. Dont know why Russ dressed at all. O-Line didn’t impress much in my opinion. Liked some of Fraziers snaps and feel comfy he’s gonna be aight.

in all honesty, it looked like a Canada or Fichtner led playbook hahahahaha but we know better. All vanilla. Was fun to hang out tho.

• Like Like x 2
  16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am okay with losing, but mistakes made because of lack of concentration or lack of common football intuition (Watkins muffed punt) is the norm for the Tomlin era.

17. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Pro’s
    1. I thought Fields looked good for the limited reps. I would have liked to see him push it down field more or go over the middle.

2. Calvin Austin and Scotty Miller

3. Frazier looked solid

4. Ryan Watts made a nice TFL on a run play

5. Montravius Adams and DeMarvin Leal

6. Payton Wilson is all over the place needs to get off blocks sooner and he did give up that one pass play over the middle either near the goal line or for a td I don’t remember.

7. Ryan looked good as our third string QB.

Con’s

1. Fautanu - it’s his first game. I’m not worried. I can see why now however they haven’t committed to replacing Moore yet.

2. penalities

3. Nate Herbig. I feel bad he seems really likable. I’m sure he was nervous.

4. kuntz - bad extra point snap.

5. Rule changes - QB’s can now intentionally ground it if there is pressure on them. The way they favor offenses is getting ridiculous.

6. Overall defensive play. I understand we sat all of our stars but the long drives and big plays by the opposing offense both in the passing game and runs is tough to watch.

7. Special Teams.

18. BrianFlorida

BrianFlorida Active Member

Sep 25, 2016
    10 wins and the playoffs

19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yeah I thought Zach Frazier did a really good job at center tonight. Bob Pompeani mentioned the entire offensive line improved when Frazier came in the game.

20. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    We moved the ball. We got first downs. We even scored touchdowns! Imagine that, in the red zone and walking away with a touchdown! That was something that only happened on accident under Canada.

I have not been on the socials to see the hate, but I already see improvement of a Canada led offense.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2024
  21. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I always wonder just how many of those players are having a 'Rudy' game. There is no chance that they are making the final roster, but they are getting to dress and take the field as a Steeler. A reward for hard work and helping to get the rest of the team ready for the regular season.

22. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I sure hope so, because they're going to need him

• Like Like x 1
  23. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    I don't think Fields looked that good honestly. Had a couple decent completions but his anticipation looked off to me and didn't move in the pocket or out of it as well as someone who is supposed to be mobile imo. It was an opportunity for him to make a statement to try and QB1 this offense, and he didn't do anything to grasp that.

I agree with most of your other observations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    True. I think people truly underestimate how many games Tomlin has single handedly lost us over the years because he lives in his fears 24/7. He has no faith in his team, because he has no faith in himself

25. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I think not. They both suck

• Disagree Disagree x 1