1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Aiyuk

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Aug 5, 2024.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Pickens needs help though maybe not another alpha dog like BA but someone better than Van Jefferson CA3 and a rookie. That WR room isn’t going to cut it and will have teams key all over GP

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    I say throw him the ball for once. Throw it to him when he's open, throw it to him when he's covered. See if he's the guy he thinks he is or they hope he could be. So many times this guy was open and the likes of Trubisky and Pickett didn't have enough talent or confidence to let him make a play.
    The small sample size says he has all the tools to be Justin Jefferson lite. Let's see if he is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Well if we get Aiyuk this will be the last year with Pickens. Then next year we will be without our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks. So we will probably draft a DT and nothing else. At the end of the day this all still comes down to the QB. Will one of them step up and truly be a quality QB for us?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Who cares about a QB! We will have the great Brandon Aiyuk! Get him at ANY cost with picks. diamonds and ruby's and gold bars! He will propel this team to greatness!
    Pay him 30 mill or more just get him get him get him NOW!!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    goods stuff!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

who cares - I'd take Aiyuk over Pickens, right now. Pickens is a problem, between the EARS and I don't see that changing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

no one is saying that - extreme arguments abound!!!

8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it's call a draft, young players, salary cap and FA.

it's what GM's do.....

9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

was he being covered by KC's #1 - forget his name but he too is the #1 - 3 CB in the GAME. KC gameplanned to take him OUT.

Sporano or whatever his name is ...... GREAT at that.

let's grow up some , people.

ABROWN would get SHUT DOWN by that cat in JAX regularly.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I want to see the offense move the chains and execute. I don't need to see Fields to Pickens bombs every drive, like we saw with Pickett to Pickens last year. I want to see a good running attack, good throws to TEs and WRs moving the chains.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

and they won't do it here. Signing BA means the end of Pickens. maybe they tag him - does he have a 4th or 5th yr option?

not sure.

Pickens is a child. We would see how he reacts. Does he react like a MAN and see that this enhances his enhances his OPP to make the Pro Bowl this year - and shine - or does he POUT and act like the A^# that we have seen so far? I'd bet the latter. This may be his last season here - regardless of Aiyuk or not.

12. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    My only thing is arthur Smith top 4 players of the falcons was a WR than RB's and TE. I'm not sure what he would do with all these weapons.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He had a game changer at RB #1 draft choice didn't use him enough, same at Wr.
    I hope he calls a better game here in PGH than he did in the ATL.

14. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I don't know, man. I would take this over a 15-page back and forth about Warren vs Harris any day of the week. That or the 15th mind-numbingly stupid discussion about Mason Rudolph. At least this thread has remained somewhat civil.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

this is where RUSS helps. He has been there and done that. Had a great offense before - lots of talent, knows how distribute that ball. that is where a veteran and GAME MANAGER can work.

He can read the field fast. and a mix of run and pass with those 2 WR's would be wild. COULD NOT stack the box!

Get ready BOYS!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Sometimes the grass is greener I'm not worried about Wilson at QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nah, Aiyuk isn't practicing and their first round pick WR is injured.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Wilson will have a better OL and RB, TE with the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Believe it or not that is how I go into a Pittsburgh Pirate season, knowing full well that there is no way in hell they are going to make Playoffs. Actually for reality Pirate fans, this season was fun for awhile but in MLB the money teams tend to dominate come crunch time. Steelers give us way more hope at making Playoffs most seasons. I do believe we have a decent chance to be a Playoff team this season. Keep those damn injuries away!!

• Like Like x 1
  21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I think the 49ers are being deliberately difficult because we didn't give them fair warning before they signed Presley Harvin

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Kind of how that retired guy who played in New England did it a lot. I'll never get that game out of my head in Pittsburgh where he destroyed us with short passes

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I like what their fans call their Punter, "Boomin Onion". Harvin will enjoy watching him from the sidelines.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The 2010 and 2013 Patriot whippings and beat downs were epic in nature. I remember in 2010, the terrible Browns had beaten the Patriots quite handily the week before... and Steelers in typical fashion vs. Patriots, laid an egg and were wiped out at HOME, at Heinz Field. :facepalm:

Steelers were lucky that year when Jets did the heavy lifting in the playoffs and took out the Patriots. Steelers were not beating the Patriots in the playoffs... no way, no how.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

they had fair warning - 3 YEARS OF FILM

that fat lard SUCKED

• Agree Agree x 1