1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Aiyuk

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Aug 5, 2024.

1. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Considering they traded a second and a third to move up and draft Devin Bust, I’d say this one’s a steal

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    They need to yay or nay this **** nowish. Everybody getting motion sick jerking back n forth hahahahaha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I actually like the fact it’s dragging out. To me it means Omar isn’t giving into Lynch’s demands and playing hardball. If BA is completely done with SF and really only wants to go to Pitt then we will get him for less eventually.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Same.

CA III in a West Coast Offense would be such a joy to watch. Should he go to San Fran?! I will miss him dearly.

Both Kyle Shanahan and Brock Purdy will be some of the happiest men on the face of the earth with CA III.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm picking up what you're laying down. They need to make him feel wanted just enough to keep him interested in coming here but not so much that they look desperate. Just like buying a car! What's so damn hard about that?!:rawk:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    hoping so

7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is when you wished that we had held on to DJ a little longer. That would be a perfect trade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    We needed a corner

9. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Man you must be a joy to watch the Steeler games with.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think they need to give some player just to make it seem like the 49ers aren’t getting robbed or I can’t see how it actually gets done.

Branden is going to get the money that he wants to come here, but the 9ers front office won’t budge without something to chew on.

The only player that I personally would possibly consider that might make sense and I’m still struggling with it is Dan Moore. And I think he’s a great asset for us this year. Moore and maybe a 5th rounder at the very best.

We don’t even know if our QBs can get the ball to the few guys we have now.

Camp buzz has been tepid at best.

11. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Well I hope they sat Pickens down and explained to him how this is good for the team and could actually be good for him.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think the 49ers wanted to meet his asking price.

13. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    49ers can suck it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    CA3 could be electric in Shanahan's offense, especially with Purdy hitting him in stride and letting Austin turn on the jets. Remember when Matt Canada said that he really didn't know how to use someone like Austin? If Austin goes to San Francisco, Shanahan will show him how.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They didn't sign Russell Wilson because they think they're in transition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Hell, CAIII could be far more of a godsend for Kyle than even the likes of Pittsburgh had realized. For that matter, while Arthur Smith's Offense isn't as intricate as Kyle's, CAIII can still thrive in it given the fact that Arthur Smith does employ similar concepts. Even so, there is a reason why so many NFL Offense's run the Shanahan style of the West Coast Offense.

Given how physical and violent the style of play Kyle likes to employ, CAIIIs overall game is actually an antithesis. However, if the 49ers are to potentially win the Super Bowl?!... perhaps it is time to add something out of the ordinary.

17. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Wilson is not a 'real' signing in the sense that it took much thought. We got him for league minimum. There is not a team in the NFL that would not have snatched that deal up. It also looked like it just kind of fell into our lap. I do think that we are in transition. Who is our franchise QB going into the future? Not one of us even knows if that QB is on the roster right now. Until we can point at someone and say that is our guy, we are in transition.....imo. :)

Always play to win and try to position yourself as well as you can to take home the big prize......but, reality is reality.

I also think that Omar has an eye on the long game. I think he is trying to build a dynasty and not a 1 year high five team. In all of his trades, he seems mindful of the impact on future salary caps and drafts. He has yet to give up anything that made us scratch our heads. The guy is playing chess at a high level. Personally, I would rather not get there right now if it meant we were positioned to make a go at it for several years running.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    He said jerking IMG_0662.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The last I checked the 9ers want two 1st rounders. There are so many scenarios being put out there its mind boggling.

My scenario would be no way a 1st should be given. AT ALL! I would give a 2nd and a 3rd next season and sprinkle in a 2026 third day pick. I also would not pay him the 30 mill. 25 to 27 would be the ceiling. And NO James Danials. Maybe send them Jack Danials.

Again all the speculation is moot until something happens. Its nauseating listening to 93.7 the Fan with the fan boys talking about it over and over and over. Seems the only two who don't are Zeise and Muller. Crowley and Poni need to have a sock and duct tape.

This whole thing is out of control and what is the end game here? Is getting him going to get a playoff win? The schedule is brutal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

The FO does not care about "everybody" - NOR should they

21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

this is how a negotiation should work - BOTH SIDES feel the pain

22. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

oh, I am. i don't drink Cool Aid for 4 hours.

23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

ummm - we got a PRETTY GOOD CB - a HUGE area of need.

come on man, come on.

and then we had the headache of a DJ contract to deal with.

24. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Thinking you are in transition and accepting you are in transition are two separate things. We don’t have a QB.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    With this guy's salary how are we going to afford to pay a QB?

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I agree about the cost for sure. We have a lot of big players who have a contract that ends in this season or next. In addition to that, we are going to end up paying a QB a lot at some point. Our running backs and Pickens are going to be looking for new contracts soon. Can we really afford to give 1/8th of our annual salary cap to a receiver plus multiple draft picks? Aiyuk is good, but he is not the best in the league. I think that at the prices being floated around, he is just too expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1