1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Aiyuk

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Aug 5, 2024.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    No, the Party is not over just yet.... It just means the Steelers have told the 49ers that their best trade offer is on the table. Take it or leave it, we are not going any further.

In the negotiating business the Steelers are walking out the door after making their offer known.

If this is true that sounds like Khan is playing the game right. Give the 49ers a fair offer and let them know you will walk.....

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Would have been nice to have him but must have been really heavy package the 49ers were asking for. Multiple picks including a 1st and a player.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2024-8-6_1-39-48.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Rumors as this whole thing has been floated James Daniels. Oh and Alex Highsmith at one point.

I hope they trade Dan Less. Could fetch a 3rd possibly due to him being a 3 year starter at LT. Or he rides the bench as the back up LT. I can't see him being the swing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I don't care if we trade for him or not, but why do we believe this treet and not the video Busman posted saying a deal was in place for him?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    IMG_4610.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    ESPN saying right now on Get Up that Aiyuk could go to either the Patriots or Browns this week. Cleveland could send Amari Cooper as part of the return.

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I wouldn't say it's over. Both sides are posturing. The 49ers asked for more than the Steelers were willing to give. Both sides walked away. That doesn't mean the deal is dead.

At the end of the day Brandon Aiyuk holds all the cards. From what I have read Aiyuk does not want to be a Brown, and I'm guessing he isn't exactly stoked about playing for the Patriots. If Aiyuk refuses to sign an extension with those teams, then I see no way that those teams are going to give up the draft capital the 49ers are looking for, for a one year rental.

9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

sure you do, if the WR ROOM SUCKS and is stupid

rebuild it, if that is what we have to do and IF we can add a #1 in Aiyuk.

sorry to the DJ lovers, he was a #2 all day long.

and Pickens - he is a TICKING TIME BOMB. Trust me and keep watching.

IF NO AIYUK, then grin and bear Pickens - of course, that is what we HAVE to do.

Just write it down and watch - he is a locker room and team cancer.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If the Steelers trade Pickens for Aiyuk they will be no better off than they were. One decent receiver and a bunch of bums. The whole point of a trade would be to upgrade the position. I have heard others mention this. I highly doubt this is even a consideration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

who knows. all cards are on the table, with Khan, i'd bet.

it's all posturing, negotiating, and poker. He is a good player.

Pickens is a very talented IDIOT.

12. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    you don't trade pickens for Aiyuk.. that would be stupid and put us right back in the position we're presently in.. having zero wr depth

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Honestly I would prefer not trading for Aiyuk. There are alot more cons to it than pros in my mind.

1st he is coming from probably the best offensive system in football and while he is a gifted and talented wide receiver last year was the first year he really balled out. In fact George Pickens out produced him each of his first two seasons on a significantly inferior offense with inferior QB play.

2nd I don’t like giving up high draft picks or a starter even if it is James Daniels. We need those draft picks in case we need to draft a QB next year and for a DL as well.

3rd What does this do to the locker room this year and next year. You bring in a guy from the outside and instantly he becomes the highest paid player on the team. No way that doesn’t effect the locker room. George Pickens would be out of his friction mind if this happened. I don’t think Heyward, Watt, Najee or alot of other players in line for their next contract would be too happy.

I do find it very entertaining that he doesn’t want to go the Browns. However I think if forced too thats probably where he will end up. I think it is foolish of the Browns as in their system he will be an upgrade over Cooper but will the upgrade be worth the 30 million a year. I think that team makes desperate moves all the time and let them make another one for it to ultimately implode in their faces if not this year it definitely will next year when they are already 60 million over the salary cap.

I would much rather prefer we keep the 30 million and spend it on our own talent in second or third contracts and go and trade for someone like an Alec Pierce or one of Houstons Receivers as they are five deep. Trading Daniels and starting 2 rookies on the right side of the line along with a rookie center could be a disaster for the offense. I don’t think it would be wise.

If we do end up trading for him I hope we really do stick to our guns and at least we don’t give up a 1st rd pick. Lynch from SF comes across a little bit grimy to me. He has built a great team with alot of talent and perhaps that weasel element to him has enabled him to the build the team he has. Usually those types of guys need an inferior trading partner to take advantage of so let it be someone desperate like Cleveland or New England.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Khan backed out not because of the contract but the pick compensation.

Hopefully he gets traded soon so I don't have to hear anymore about it. It's nauseating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Honestly I think us not getting him is gong to be a blessing in disguise.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    John Lynch has the same agent as Aiyuk. He knows where Aiyuk wants to play and doesn’t want to play. He also knows Tomlin very well from his days in Tampa. The deal could get done quite easily but it sounds like the 49’ers are being greedy with the trade compensation. Thats why the Commanders probably pulled out. Lynch is essentially trying to force Aiyuk to accept playing for Cleveland or New England two places he doesn’t want to play. I understand this is a business and he has the teams best interest in mind but on the flip side Aiyuk is a human being and a current employee soon to be former employee. Think its pretty low of Lynch. It really shows you the poor character of the guy in my opinion.

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
  18. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Wait, I thought all it would take is Daniels and a 3rd to get him here?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Consider who was floating that idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :sleepy:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Aiyuk is 4th after McCaffrey, Samuels, and Kittle in THAT offense. He gets covered by LBs and Safeties. He would not be the same fit in THIS offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    While I think he is overrated he definitely does not get covered by ILB’s at least no consistently. I honestly think Pickens is better than him. Could you imagine Pickens in that offense. I would try to make a move on one of Houston’s WR’s they are loaded. There number three or four would be a number two in our offense.

23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I guess it could work, IDK how the CAP works for something like this, they restructured his contract and moved 7 or 8 million to dead caps space in '25, he becomes a FA then. But his dead CAP this year is 31 million. So somehow they have to find a way to eat that, or can they move even more to next year? In 25 they are already projected to be over the CAP 60 million. Aiyuk salary is 2x what Coopers is this year, something that can be moved around if he signs a long term deal, but they are playing with fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It really is speculation all over the media, so hard to really pin down. I agree it's a puke move, but other reports said the 9's made an offer and Aiyuk was about to sign, then changed his mind. I get it,the offer was likely less than he thought he was worth, but this has been going on for months. The 9's had offers but could not make a deal, so here we are.

25. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The disconnect is likely 2 fold.... as Aiyuk's agent is also negotiating an extension with prospective teams...
    I'm sure the 49ers asked too much of us and so did Aiyuk

• Agree Agree x 1