1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Question

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Born2Steel, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Sins of the father.

In all seriousness, Sanders is considered advanced in his ability to process from the QB position. Obviously we must let this season play out and rank QBs afterward. As of today, Sanders is leading the pack for me. Everything is always fluid though and can change.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can see that being a factor that I didn't think about.

3. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I look at 1st round picks like Justin Fields and Keny Picket and think that's the norm. Teams are not going to give their 1st round pick QBs 4 years to get it right. It is a shame because you look at a QB like Jordan Love who was not NFL ready until his 4th or 5th year and you have to wonder if teams are missing the boat because the grass is greener, kind of thing.

I fully expect the Carolina Panthers to throw Bryce Young to the scrap heap if they find themselves with a top 5 pick this year.

I do have high hopes for Justin Fields to sit and learn the game this year from Russell Wilson and Arthur Smith. I see Khan and the Steelers breaking with tradition and giving a QB and extension during the middle of the season this year.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If we draft the son, maybe the father can join our coaching staff to teach tackling skills.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So are You saying that J. Love is the Guy??? Because I'm really not sure of that from what I saw, and believe He still only there because they didn't want to look stupid running their Qb out of their for Him, and then letting Him go.

6. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I bet a Top 10 QB this year.

Write up on his last year.
    He ranked third in adjusted net yards per attempt, second in success rate and second in PFF grade. Love produced high-level results using what looks like high-level process. The change is remarkable. He dialed down some of his tight-window throws, limited his turnover production and took on more checkdowns.May 21, 2024

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's not really hard to do in this day. There are only (as of this time) 3 really good Qbs in the league, and then whatevers.....this is not the same league as when we had....Ben, Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Rodgers (in his prime). Then top 10 meant something.....now top 10 just means You aren't as good as the top 3, but not near as bad as the last on the list.
    Also I don't know when people will understand that what PFF = Pretty F**king Fake says......means nothing to Me. Although I do find it funny some use is when they like it, and then hate it when it's not what they want to hear.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    What happened to QB Kyle Allen???

upload_2024-7-23_19-6-26.png

This article does not mention Kyle Allen at All?
    Pittsburgh Steelers hosting quarterback for workout, per report (msn.com)
    Of course, the Steelers are already set at quarterback with Russell Wilson and Justin Fields, and they also have John Rhys Plumlee on the roster. Assuming the Steelers don't keep a third quarterback, the best DiNucci could hope for is a spot on the practice squad if signed.

Also, not sure why this thread is in The Watercooler?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2024
  9. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Well....... I guess the new contract Love is holding out for will tell how much the Green Bay Packers think of Love.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I started it with a hypothetical situation so didn't think it belonged in actual football talk forums.

I think the author just forgot about Kyle Allen. He is listed on the roster and has been assigned the #4.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Now the Highest paid QB in the NFL. I am not the only one who thinks Jordan Love is the Real Deal.

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Kind of shocked by that. 4 year, 220 million. Packers have had a lot of franchise QB's. Be so funny if Packers played Jets in SB. Aaron Rodgers is done but just doesn't realize it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We shall see. Lots of High paid Qbs out there I don't think deserve it.