1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaylen Warren cracks top 20 list.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not arguing in favor of extending Harris. I've never thought that was a good idea. I'm arguing that it was foolish to pass on the fifth-year option, a one-shot $7 million that would kick the can down the road a year before they need to find another back.

And no, a highlight package is never a good basis for a statistical argument. They are fun to watch, but that's about it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah Highlight reel is where a lot of casuals get their info. I can think of 3 plays with big gains by Warren with Najee on the field....., and thats just off the top of my head. Don't believe it.....go look through the the in game comments during last season, and I bring it up everytime it happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They already used a draft pick on an RB in Najee, now pay him.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't know if Warren is a starting quality RB or not, because he hasn't done it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    why does he need to be a starting quality RB? they are both still here, with a very good #3 as well. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    proof or its just words.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I told you where to find the proof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    So search through 17 instances of 50+ page threads for a specific comment in a random game where you commented.... So like, go spend hours in old game threads for something that may or may not be there? That is... not helpful. That is like one of my salespeople I manage telling me they said something to a customer, and offer their phone records as proof. "I don't know when I said it, sometime in 2023 January through December. Here's an 800 page document, proof is in there somewhere. Go find it." LOL

Just so you know, this is why it is hard to have meaningful discussions with you. The onus is always on someone else to prove the point. You say something and hold it as unequivocal fact, and when someone disagrees with you and presents evidence you just dismiss it for reasons like "that is bad evidence because, x" or "you get your sources from, y, so that proves you're just a casual and don't know football"... yet you never actually bring anything to prove your own points as facts other than simply "I said so" or "I watch the games and I know". It is just "I'm right, I'll provide 0 evidence to prove it, but prove me wrong".

You do realize that the only person who has actually brought proof that Warren and Harris were on the field at the same time on a play where Warren gained yardage was me, right? It happened. Once. But it happens all the time... however, there isn't any evidence that has made it onto any Steelers All-22, Steelers offensive game replays, or highlight videos that I have had access to... you've outright refused to provide any proof that anything you say is anything more than fantasy, but I am supposed to just take you for your word? It is pretty much meaningless at this point. It has no value because you're willingly assigning it none.

I generally enjoy our back and forth's because you are a genuinely good dude that never gets nasty, you're always game to argue your point, and we both are extremely passionate about Steelers football. I really do appreciate those things. But this one is just frustrating haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not doing Your work for You, but would You like to put money on I can show You??? That's the only way I will do the work for You. Last time I dug up the proof on something the smart a$$ that wanted it acted like it wasn't there, and then proceeded to never post again (because he was wrong), or has since changed his name. You can believe what you want, but don't tell me I'm not telling the truth. Only a dumb a$$ would point it out during a game on the game thread, and it not happen.....everyone on it would be all over it

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Probably but he may be good for the future of in case of injury. Patterson is 35. Reynolds was quite good when used. :cool:

13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

they are PERFECT, for the 2024 season.

if they go 6-11, it will become a TOTAL MAKE-OVER on this offense. BIG $$ will need to go the QB position, or the draft (#1) and rebuild on offense.

that is another reason I think they hesitated on committing more $$ for next year to Najee.

6-11 is possible.

not likely, but possible.

a playoff miss is 50/50. 50/50 - yes.

the AFC is brutal, our schedule is brutal.

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, if he's willing to go to the practice squad.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    wouldn't be the worst thing. if we are going to rely on the backs so heavy in smith's offense, they better be deep at the position. it's a long hard season. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

That they got this guy as an UDFA is almost criminal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    it does not need to be beaten to death - Jaylen is one of the top backs in the league, yes - we are fortunate to have found him

18. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    we will need all our RB to run our new OC scheme possibly so they can:sword:and :sword:and:sword:all the way to a Superbowl victory:clapping::herewego!:

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats an insane metric. Future #1 ball carrier for the team.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Very interesting. I wonder if there’s someone on the board who would say the stat is misleading, and he knows because he watched the games. Oh, and he could point out to you exactly why he’s right on tape, but he’s not going to do your work for you….

Kidding aside, Warren is a really solid overall back, but I also like Najee and would like to have both. Thunder and lightning!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We have two good running backs. What’s the problem?

• Winner Winner x 2
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I stopped wasting my time on people that don't understand simple math. If one person does some 150 times more than another....no way should the averages be the same, and if it is....the one with the least time isn't very good. It's very simple....I don't see how it flies over grown-ups heads. :shrug:
    If I make over a 150 welds than You....yes I probably will have more imperfections. If I fight in over 150 more fights than You....I will probably have more losses. If I throw the ball an average of over 150 more times than you....I will probably have more ints....., and so on.....yet whoosh right over peoples heads..
    If I do anything 150 times more than You, and I still have a better average than you.....you suck.
    All said .... I love both.... I just know one can carry the season pretty much by themselves (we've seen it), and the other is only people guessing.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So would I but I think we are going to have to settle for having that for just one more season.

25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

correct - one more season with these 2. Enjoy!

and then change.

and maybe a combination to figure out how to score 30 + points per game regularly!