1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin gets extended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 10, 2024.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I can name three people on the previous page that make this post 100% BS. And no I’m not including you because I don’t think you are part of the MTNH.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2024
  2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Even when Brady left, Tomlin still couldn’t outcoach Belichick …. Hmmmm

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

they didn't have cowhers players. :shrug::smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Go on. Name them.

5. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I’ve already named users before you are a smart guy you know damn well who they are.

Strummer STD and Rules

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. He didn't bench the starter....He got hurt....he just didn't go back to Him......it's funny You agree before about other players with more money, and draft capital starting over others, but all of a sudden it's a no go. We all know who the best Qb was last year.....who also was the least expensive, and with the least draft capital, and He didnt get a shot until it was a necessity. You watch football.....so You see this all the time.....yet somehow you act like it doesn't happen.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So because You have no answer this ^^^^^^^
    is what You write. LoL
    I asked a legit question....yet Your hate will not let You answer it honestly. Good day

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know You say this jokingly, but there are some dumb people that use that .....apparently with the thought that other coaches come to a team without any players, and they are all their own. Nobody seems to mention that a big part of two SBs were about players that either weren't starters for Cowher (James Harrison), or were drafted by after Cowher left....like Woodley.....just to name a few.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Semantics and schematics be DAMNED!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Let me ask simple questions: Do you think that Tomlin was powerless to yank Trubisky at halftime of the Patriots game, or decide to sit him for the Colts game? Do you really think that someone in the front office told a coach of Tomlin’s experience and stature that he couldn’t decide to bench Trubisky (a backup QB) sooner than he did? Do you really think that sitting a starting QB when he is healthy and ready to play isn’t a benching? Really, it’s OK to admit that Tomlin blundered with how he handled the QB situation after Pickett was injured. Give it a try!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I have an answer to all your stupidity you just don’t want to accept it. But please keep saying LOL like a 12 year old girl. MTNH

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i'm not sure how dumb those people are but, there is a little truth to both sides of that. harrison was here, which he is still a cowher player, the core of that team that MT inherited was pretty solid and in super bowl contention prior to MT. that you can't deny. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We all know who they are, no need to name them by names.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s very hard to get to a Super Bowl and even hard to win, no matter how many of the former regime’s building blocks you inherit. Tomlin won in his second season and then got back in his 4th. Those are facts that nobody can deny. No matter how frustrated I get with Tomlin in the present or future I’ll never fail to give him his due for what he accomplished early in his career.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Oh he will deny it. Nothing could ever be blamed on the great MT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    TOMLIN started his career very well no question. Unfortunately the last 13 years have been a colossal failure except for that never had a losing season BS. But hey more of the same this year I’m sure. Maybe after 20 years of failure these guys will catch on.

17. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    For him the success of Andy Reid with Mahomes do not count, but the success of Tomlin in the first 4 years with a culture and super bowl caliber team already established count....make no sense....And if we remove the 4 Tomlin's first years and Mahomes' years for Andy Reid, Reid's resume is much better....I mean, look at his first season with the Chiefs....11-5 after taking a team of 2 -14 the season before and the Chiefs were dysfunctional from 2007 to 2012 before the Andy Reid era....He also had success immediately with the Eagles from his 2nd season when they were a bad team before he's hired...But for some reason he ignores that because he didn't have a super bowl even if they had in contention so often

The biggest advantage Reid has over Tomlin is the way he handles his QBs and he is also much better to have quality coaching staff around him

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yes he did and got one as a secondary coach as well. having walked into a very good defense and a franchise qb already in place didn't hurt is all i'm saying. cowher took 15 years to win one. cowher inherited a decline in chuck nolls teams at the time. MT hit it when cowher was at his top. MT has struggled when those players left from the prior regime. he has had a lot of drafts and years to build a championship team here on his own and has struggled to do it. this may be his best chance in the next few years to redeem himself. we shall see. he did walk into a pretty sweet deal here.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    And the fact that he is Brilliant offensive play designer. TOMLIN is brilliant at……..talking?

Andy Reid is 10X the coach Mike Tomlin could ever dream to be. The fact that he compares the two is comical to say the least.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Lifetime contract no matter the playoff ineptitude. I’d say he has the best deal of all time!

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Last I checked Mitch was on the field not the HC, one of the better paid backup QBs and he couldn't even win a game last season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Conner not being the problem doesn't matter LeVeon was a better player, if he plays the team is much better.

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Bortles throwing for 200 yards is getting shredded :facepalm:, they couldn't stop Fournette.

24. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    The defense was horrible that game. Try to spin it in your boys favor though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    No argument here on how bad Mitch is. Funny part is your idol sticking with him even though the entire world could see it was time to yank his ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1