1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So, Steelers are going to be on Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Jun 17, 2024.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I will be tuning in, but really liked the fact they had been able to avoid the show thus far. The only way they could get the Steelers on hard knocks was by changing the rules.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    This is why the Steelers were totally screwed in the schedule at the end. The Steelers do not play a single AFC North opponent until Week 12, and guess when this series starts!!!

All the commentators said they had never seen a schedules like this before, and now we know why. First time in the history of the franchise where not a single division game is played until Week 12.

The NFL is 100% behind this screwed up schedule for this year.

upload_2024-6-17_16-7-9.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not surprised.

Here is something else to consider; the Steelers Schedule *coincidentally* has all the AFC North Teams at the very end. The rumors about the Steelers being on Hard Knocks earlier this Offseason were somewhat silly for while I didn't believe the Steelers would be the one team specifically, I also never ruled out the fact that the Steelers have a massive following. Basically, it is a win win for both Rodger Goodell and the NFL as a whole.

The other three AFC North Teams are only icing on the cake. Pittsburgh is literally the cake itself; Baltimore included.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I won't be watching it I don't have HBO, the NFL did the Steelers dirty just for tv purposes with the backloaded division schedule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    might need to upgrade the servers around here if the schedule doesn't go well

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    In the Watercooler section I'll put up shows members might enjoy. From what I can tell not many members have HBO/MAX. I've been watching Hard Knocks since it's debut and am going to enjoy this one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Good I like it, following the team all of these years, why not get a different inside view.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree totally, but I don't have Your will power....so this will be the actual 1st hard knocks I will watch.
    Sue me .....I'm weak for Steelers stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Not sure it's worth the effort to sue, but if you are willing to settle I think a deal could be worked out.

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Guess I'll finally have a reason to watch it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Same here, I've never seen Hard Knocks. I only have HBO for House of the Dragon and Bill Maher... but I will be watching Steelers on Hard Knocks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would have expected @thorn058 to be the first to post about this, he must be happy!

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    While I am happy about it, I took time away from the board during last season because there was a lot of negative happening in my life and when things looked bleak for the team, I just could add more negative to my daily routine. Things personally are just kinda in holding and I'm trying to get back into community mode but going cautiously. I started typing some responses weeks ago that were so mean and negative, I deleted them all before posting and tried to get in a positive mood.

As far as Hard Knocks goes I really do hope it sheds light on the team beyond the game and people realize it's not as distracting as they think. At the very least I know they will play up the Ravens rivalry with Queen changing sides and I'd be surprised if they don't feature the thorn in Burrow's side TJ Watt and his interception ability.

• Like Like x 2
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think we will see anything worthwhile on the show, certainly not enough to make me pay for HBO. Clips of the show will end up online that's good enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Why would you ever pay for a premium service that you would never use when most of the shows on HBO, Max and other services end up online almost before they air?

17. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I have it as well still after all these years and don't really watch anything on it. When i signed up years ago they promised to stream new blockbuster movies on a regular basis which was an outright lie. When was the last time they had a blockbuster movie. Wonder.Woman 84????

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We’ve had some other board members take some time away for the same reason, Jeh and Jackattack come to mind. Some time away to recharge your batteries is always helpful and just remember, none of this stuff here really matters, I don’t get too worked up about peoples opinions anymore.

Hope things get on the right track for you soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We've had mods do it too.

They may or may not have been me. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Since you will be having HBO/MAX for awhile I'll be sending you cool shows to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hey guy, Bill Maher's new book is decent. "What This Comedian Said Will Shock You". Just came out. It has 16 topics/chapters. I noticed a lot is rehashed material from his show over the years. It has a lot of stuff you have probably seen on New Rules. Ever see his movie, "Religulous"?? I loved that priest in Rome.

By the way, "Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" set way before G.O.T. timeline is a new prequel coming out in 2025.

• Like Like x 2
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Where online??? I've had HBO/MAX for years and never knew there was what has to be an illegal site airing their shows before I get them. I know Netflix buys shows from HBO, Showtime etc. when they are long over. Netflix just bought Dexter which has been off air awhile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Barbie:)

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    For TV shows I use a torrent site called ETTV. The domain changes frequently but they mirror it so it always available somewhere. I have 3 Synology Nas with 4TB drives in them for storage and use as a media server. My oldest daughter and her roommates like the AMC series Interview with the Vampire but they work Sunday nights when it's on, I can usually download it Sunday midmorning for them to watch. Pretty much if it's broadcast on TV it will be available to download. The more popular it is the faster it's up. Same with movies but that is a bit more restricted if the studios want to be a-holes about it. TV falls under the same grey area as when vhs and vcr's became common. As long you aren't looking to profit off it they don't care

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'd rather pay $15 a month for HBO Max than be bothered with the cost, maintenance and upkeep of NAS servers. And I work in IT.

• Like Like x 1