1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin gets extended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 10, 2024.

1. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The Rooney rule is all about diversity hiring , have to include a minority when looking to hire a H.C. Diversity was what opened the door for tomlin and his doctorate in b.s. got him hired , Merit was not the reason he was hired and why the standard of mediocrity is why once Bills players left we are no longer a top team .Knowing how mike got in the door is why some of us old school fans disliked tomlin from the get go , we could have done better . only mentioned my college as bigotry was not an issue and Lord willing never will be . Wanted to be clear with you as you also are a member of Steeler Nation and do enjoy your posts .

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    this year is our best chance. Strengthened OL, Cam Heyward maybe one more good year left, TJ at 29 years old: his peak is now, maybe one more year at his best. And Wilson at 36. Our window is this year, maybe, maybe one more year. Thats it. Win now mode.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Man you are full of ****. My post had zero to do with diversity. Just stating facts. You’re just too obtuse to see it and have to go on this little rant. In doing so you’ve made it abundantly clear bigotry is an issue with you. Perhaps you should spend a bit more time reading the Bible because it’s message hasn’t gotten through yet.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I don't think there will be much of a "window" for TJ and Cam with Wilson at QB, hope I'm wrong

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    "No man is a prophet in his own country."

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    To those in the back who have a very hard time understanding this.....college, and the NFL are two entirely different things. So stop bringing up what Mahomes was in college.....He played on a Crap college team.....if You watched him You would know this. Example: Almost every Ohio State Qb has looked awesome in college, and horrible in the NFL. This is why dumb people say a NFL team ruined the guy they think is all that in college . If You don't know the difference between playing maybe.....maybe 2 guys a week(if that) that will actually make it in the NFL too playing all NFL players.....I'm wasting My time. Again college is not the NFL. Stop .....We know one thing for a fact.....this is not guessing.....this is not wondering.....this is a fact.......Andy Reid coached almost 20 years without winning a SB without Mahomes.....now with Mahomes He can do no wrong. Bill Belichick.....coached many years without a SB until He got Brady....he lost Brady, and then got fired. These are not what I think , You think, or anyone thinks.....these are facts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He doesn't watch football....he watches Highlights, Twitter, Tiktok, and stats.....When someone breaks down the offense they run on one of those.....then He will get it.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Always an excuse for You. Did we yes, or no play KC in the playoffs. If You haven't realized this yet....point spread means nothing outside of betting. Those same people that come up with those points spreads also had us finishing last in the AFCN for about 4 years in a row.....so yeah....means nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I'm telling you nothing. Wait so one SB means a lot in your example, but Tomlin going to two doesn't. What????
    I'm talking going to multiple SBs.....you know this I know this, and anyone reading knows this.....if We weren't talking about multiple SB.....why would we even be arguing about Tomlin.....since he's already been to two....which isn't enough for many.....yet You bring up guys that only been to one......so make this plain.....if We are talking about multiple SB.....yes You need a great Qb.....if We are just talking about one.....no You do not,,but then stop complaining about our HC....because He has already been to two.....so make up your mind. Only one HC I can think of off the top of My head that has won SBs with many different Qbs, and that is Gibbs. So make up your mind what we are arguing about.

10. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Of course you ignore the fact that Mahomes was reckless with the ball and had poor mechanic...He was not a sure thing back in 2017...Watson was considered better that Mahomes before the 2017 draft....All credit on Mahomes after of course but Andy Reid had a big say in the 2017 draft when it was the time to make the big trade for Mahomes

11. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    How many times do we see a team win by going 10 points underdog or more, regular season or playoffs?....Around 10% or under?...You know the chances were very slim.The Chiefs offense couldn't have been worse in the first 20 minutes in this game in 2021 and they still won by 21 points, up by 28 at one point...It's not in overtime or by 3 points like the Bills... I didn't think I needed to mention that, I thought according to you it was me who was dumb?!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And btw the steelers finished 3rd in the division in the last 2 years, nothing to be proud of that and sometimes in the last few years one or mutiples starting QBs from other AFC north teams had season ending injuries which prevented the Steelers from finishing last.It could happen again in 2024, since the other 3 QBs in the AFC north are injury prone but I hope the Steelers won't rely on that to not finish last

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    True, i wish the steelers had drafted a QB in the first round around 2018 or 2019, instead of going Devin Bush or Terrell Edmunds. We would at least end up with Lamar Jackson (maybe someone better by trading up) then you have first rate Qb to go with Cam and TJ and a seamless Packer like transition from Ben to another franchise Qb. But we didn't have the foresight.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    You stated some fans were against from the get go and I told you why I was. The reason for going to the Bible College I choice was because of an article they put out saying very clearly that bigotry is a sin , and yes it is in any form .Hiring for diversity is bigotry so Iam against tomlins hiring .

14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    it’s cute that it took a newsletter for you to figure out bigotry was a sin. One would think that someone that has decided their life’s work is spreading the gospel would already know. You made the claim Tomlin was only interviewed because of the Rooney rule and ar2 couldn’t see through his bs. First off the Steelers had already satisfied the rule by interviewing Rivera. Secondly, Tomlin was a rising coach that had already interviewed for other head coaching positions. AR2 is an attorney. They play with words for a living. To suggest Rooney couldn’t see through his bs is asinine. Sorry pal, your claims are bs. Turn off the tv and start reading your bible

• Like Like x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

you remain one of the clown shows here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Yet once again pot meet kettle

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We went 5-1 against the division....the Division is not the problem.....which proves how we are coached, and built. You always build to beat Your division 1st, and foremost. I keep hearing from you how lucky we are.....yet year after year We are the only team in our division to not be last....the only team. Now let's hear Your excuses.....they had Qbs hurt......like we haven't had Qb problems......yet we still aren't last.....that proves good HCing

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Do You actually watch college football??? You actually think playing for Clemson during that time, and playing for Texas Tech is the same jumping point to compare. If You do .....You don't even have to answer if You watch college football....because I will already know the answer. Again.....college football is not NFL.....in the NFL teams are between a razors edge in the difference of talent......in college it's not even close. Name Me one season Texas Tech had a roster even close to Clemson during that period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The majority of NFL players are people of color, but the overwhelming majority of the head coaches are white and you think the hiring of Mike Tomlin is the example of bigotry. Think about that.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The steelers play against 4 backup QB against AFC north team last year....3 of those game were on the road...The QB problem that the steelers had is a major reason why they were predicting last....The odd was not that wrong because you can't predict injury

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    This is not me who thought Watson could become better than Mahomes at that time, it's several draft experts and media and even some NFL teams....I mean, 10 teams decided to not draft Mahomes in 2017...My point is that he was far from being a sure thing, otherwise he would have been drafted first back in 2017 and it would have been unanimous

I agree that playing in texas tech and Clemson at that time was not the same thing but it was not my point

22. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Look at the draft profile of Mahomes before the 2017 draft

Patrick Mahomes Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Yes his upsides were incredible but he also needed coaching early in his career to correct some of the problems he had

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Painful. Damn jags didn't turn it over.

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Ben threw an int and lost a fumble. Putting the jags up 2-0 in turnover differential. Teams that are +2 in turnovers win 83.9% of the time. One would think mr statistic would mention that, but it doesn’t support his argument

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yep. Russell Wilson is not the future, he is the now. Steelers still have to hope to get a long term QB in the draft. Sorry but Justin Fields is not the future IMO. I agree 1 maybe 2 with this cast.

I'm excited. I could see this season going both ways. 11 my high, 7 my low. I do believe we have an 11 (Spinal Tap) in us.

• Like Like x 1