1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin gets extended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Don't know all the chatter but can ascertain from speculation.

I like the extension. I may be on the minority

• Like Like x 2
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I have another word for it.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I had a meeting the other day with some folks from Upstate NY who are Bills fans, and they were laughing at me for the Steelers extending Tomlin.

It used to be that fans from other teams would tell me how lucky the Steelers are to have him, but constant :poopy: shows in the postseason have taken their toll.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They are! Thanks...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Also, something called common sense. You continually do bad but disregard it. Father time gets all of us. Was a great coach at one time. Now he is doing nothing but hurting his legacy, unless he goes another 4 yrs without a losing season, but got to win when it matters, playoffs?
    Here is some fun facts:
    Noll - 16-8 in playoffs 4-0 in Superbowl
    Tomlin- 8-10 in playoffs 1-1 in Superbowl
    Yes, Tomlin will finish with all time wins as a Steelers HC. But, remember Noll coached in 12 game seasons.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
  7. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    We also haven't had a real quarterback in 6 years since Ben's elbow injury. If Russ can still play, that will likely change given the championship-caliber defense they've built

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's a good, but not great defense. I don't think it's championship caliber. If Heyward is out... the run game suffers. Steelers don't have his replacement yet. ILB and CB are still question marks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Yeah especially this defense has given 30 points or more in each of the last 5 playoff games

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    As alway
    As always stats don’t tell the whole story

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You should have just pointed at them and said......and what have You won.....very simple. They have a Qb that is paid very very well, and some yahoos think is awesome......so even with this so called awesome Qb......what have they won.....hell what have they ever won???

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Here is some more fun facts......One didn't deal with free agency untill the time right before He stepped down......Just imagine for instance of building a team, and not having to worry about losing a great player every year.....that is why one had over 10 HOF players on the team at one time......, and the other Had two. Now that may not be a big difference to some but having 10 HOF players on a team for most Your career at the same time and only having one , or two is a significant difference......even for the slow

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    They’ve won 5 playoff games over the last 4 seasons, and have not gone 1 and out in any of those playoffs.

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    4 AFC Championships in the 90's :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And that equates to how many SBs????
    I mean really.....people laugh at the no losing seasons, but I laugh at winning a playoff game like that's a SB.
    There are two parts .....win enough to make the playoffs......then win enough to reach the SB. You don't get more points for winning a playoff game. Maybe they can put that on their banner......we won some playoff games.....LoL.....
    If We weren't making the playoffs I could get people's complaints, but we are......after that there is only the SB....which....I can't for the life of Me remember the Bills getting to since the 90s. So if You want to pick , and choose......let's take Your they've Won 5 playoff games ......We've been to the SB 4 times since they have lost their last one. See what You can do if You just pick parts You want to use. What a Bills fan says to me has no effect. Hey win A SB.....then talk to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's great .....We've went to 4 SBs , and won two since that time......Bills fans.....win just one SB before You talk.....just one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    At least the Bills lost to a dynasty 3 times in the playoffs in the last few years....It's very painful for them especially since they lost 2 very close games in the last 2 playoffs game vs them, but that doesn't make them bad...It's true that their head coach gets outcoached come playoffs time by Andy Reid everytime, so he deserves the heat for that big time, even if Reid is one of the best head coaches ever

In the 2010s, the Steelers only played the Patriots once and it was an embarrassment.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And again that brought how many rings???? Why are We comparing a team with no rings to a team with 6???
    Yeah they won playoff games.....that's cute.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    To a degree you are correct about free agency. Back when Noll was coaching even back than without the chaos of free agency, winning back to back Superbowls was hard to do.
    Now fast forward to the free agency that we have now, that you said teams lose players every year, we got the Pats and Chiefs that won back to back Super Bowls. Hmmmm, im sure it isnt their HC or his staff that are responsible for this?!
    I get your loyalty as a fan to Tomlin, and I hope Im wrong being a lifelong Steeler fan, but his best days are done coaching. A plus his first 4 years, C minus the rest of his career. Very impressive not having a losing season, not impressive not winning a playoff game for 7 years. Cant blame it on the players as there has been different players in them 7 years. Btw, problems are deeper than just our HC.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    It really does feel like the Steelers have been in football purgatory for the last 10+ years now under Tomlin, and I don't expect anything to change in the next 3 years. I think it's a big mistake to continuously reward Tomlin for his mediocrity, and I don't give a damn about his overrated non losing streak. Tomlin talks about leading by example, but how can he expect his team to improve if he himself never improves as a head coach?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I'll have you know they went to FOUR straight superbowls!!!!! So there

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I've never compared the entire history of the Steelers vs Bills, I'm only talking about recently

23. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Oh I bet that sucked as a Bills fan losing 4 straight Superbowls! I kind of felt sorry for them…not!

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s a lot of typing to say something that makes little to no sense. I will bite on one thing though: how did Tomlin do the last dozen years that he had a sure-fire HOF QB? Not as well as the Bills are doing with Allen, that’s crystal clear. How far in the past do you live?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    IMG_0648.jpeg