1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin gets extended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Oh, it’s happening this season!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    And that was his last playoff win… 3 yrs ago much better than 7… you might be on to something

3. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I live in northern Virginia. Replace 'Tomlin' with 'Harbaugh' and the detractor sentiments are about the same.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'd have more respect for your argument if you acknowledged that I proved your previous statement to be false. The coach didn't want to invest in the massive contract any more and there was a risk of the commitment being even more if he was injured before it ran out. You really should educate yourself better about the situation involving Wilson in Denver.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

For those that think Tomlin just stands on the sideline with a deer in the headlights look.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I stand corrected. Ok , so contract in Denver and what about rumors noone liked him in Seattle at the end? Just curious, i realize a lot of fake news out there. Seriously not happy about the 2 qb pickups, but like you said we got the bluelight special ( remember K Mart? Lol) on both of them. I hope they do good as that means Steelers do good, but they are not going to be franchise qbs. Hopefully they play good enough for a couple of seasons until we can draft a good qb.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He's a bit of an odd dude so maybe some folks were ready to move on from him in Seattle, but it's not as if the Seahawks gave him away. They got a huge haul in return.

Even cheap, I don't like the signing. It's a stopgap move at best. How they went from absolutely sure Pickett was their guy to giving up on him entirely in a few months with the disaster that was Canada running the offense is beyond me, but this is the alternative route they chose. Wilson might be better than what we saw last season for one year, but that leaves the team with nothing going into 2025 unless they decide to give out a huge contract.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    hes capable and would make a good HC if he wanted it. There are others, Callahan out of Cincy, Frank Smith from Miami. Point is its time for the steelers to tap into the up and comers. Thats how they’ve found their Noll’s, Cowhers, and even our present coach. Its getting time to look again. If we dont get anywhere this season it’ll be more apparent that we need to move on from Tomlin

9. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Denver got raped

10. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I mean, we would be happy if Tomlin retired with 1 super bowl in the finals 2 years even if the final year would not be a good one...Cowher's super bowl in 2005 is the last big memory for Cowher's career.Not many remember the 2006 season outside of Roethlisberger's terrible season big part due to his accident

11. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
  12. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Even if Russ has a decent year this team at best is the MT special 9-8 10-7 and first rd playoff exit. So after this year what’s the plan at QB? Draft another late first rounder? Organization is in for some rough times. It will easily be a decade with 0 playoff wins and we can resign MT again!

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well their is another 4 years of Insanity unfortunately. Buckle up.

What I don't understand that the over the top Popcorn supporter finds zero fault. I don't get it. Its always something or someone else's fault.

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The tandem of Khan and Weidl has breathed life. But I believe Art II will let it ride out no matter what. Then his son will take over and Art II and Tomlin will be gone.

Art II has given him 4 years to win a playoff game before he steps down and Tomlin goes elsewhere.

15. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Yes the Steelers have never had a losing season but in the last few years it's 9-8,9-7-1 or 10-7 and they need help from other teams to just make the playoffs as the 7 seed in the last few week in each season...They also needed the playoff format to have one more team per conference that made the playoffs....

They made the playoffs twice, but we want way more....The Steelers also needed some luck to have their records....Incredible record in one score game in 2021 and 2023 and only 4 wins per more than one score game since 2021...it's too few..Their points differencial has been very poor since 2021 too...

It's not all about Tomlin but he has some responsibility as being happy with Canada during and after the 2022 season....One of the stupid decisions in NFL history...It was obvious from the start it was going to be a disaster... even the greatest show on turf in their peak would have a bad offense with Canada...He was that bad

Right now, the Steelers are like the Bengals under Marvin Lewis when they are in the playoffs....A waste of playoff spot!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Some fans turned on him the minute he was hired. There are a myriad of reasons. He wasn’t their guy. The color of his skin. He doesn’t have any experience…

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I was at a game a couple years back when the Steelers were losing by 38 points with less than a minute left on the clock and Tomlin called a timeout. You should have seen his deer in the headlights look when I yelled “Do you have a 38 point play drawn up?”. He clearly heard me and turned and walked the other way.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Please stop with this BS. Many of us knew nothing about him. We didn’t care whether he was white, black, green, purple or blue. Some people just keep racism alive when most of us buried it for so many years now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Holy crap! We have popcorn machines like that? Granted I don't do much popcorn but I'm still in the stone ages. I use Jiffy Pop only because the young ones are amazed by it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Makes you wonder what the HC is actually responsible for? Apparently nothing to some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I tend to agree with you about our QB situation but I absolutely believe Wilson has a better team around him then last season. Do I think this team has a shot at SB, not even close but with a few breaks are way we could hit 10-11 wins and as long as he is healthy Russ will put it all out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    The 80’s called. They want to know where you were all those years?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    You are right. Hard as hell to happen but Super Bowls have been won by non elite QB's or past prime QB's. Not a huge fan of our QB situation but gives me more hope then last season.

24. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    This is a exception,not the rule.....In the last 10 years,7 of those have been won by Brady or Mahomes....

25. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Not surprised the MT fanboys try to still use this as an excuse. Pathetic. Anything to distract from his lack of success the last decade plus.

• Agree Agree x 1