1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin gets extended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 10, 2024.

1. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    What in the hell are you talking about? He’s won 3 f**king playoff games in the last 13 seasons. He had the best receiver in the NFL for 5 of those season with the best running back for 3 and a top 5 QB in that same time in an offensive heavy league.

There is ONE reason Tomlin needed to go and that is because he SUCKS! He isn’t good. No matter how much the Rich Eisen’s scream it off the top of a mountain, he isn’t good.

The results are right in front of you. Get out of your damn feelings and look at the stats.

oh, and those three wins? AJ McCarron (Should have been a loss if not for Burfect and Pac-Man), Matt Moore and Alex Smith(Didn’t score a TD all game).

Mike Tomlin is a great man, but a mediocre coach. His record says it year after year after year. Open your damn eyes and brain. Stop imagining **** that isn’t happening.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Or perhaps you’re wrong, people like eisen are right, and no matter how many times you scream it from the top of every mountain on every planet in the known universe that won’t change. When you talk about stats try not to cherry pick. For example try not to ignore our “top 5 qb” spotting the browns 28 points.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Popcorn

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It shows they have been operating differently under Khan.

If the Steelers have a good season, get good QB play and go 12-5 and get trounced in the playoffs again, wouldn’t surprise me to see him get fired if there weren’t any extenuating circumstances that led to the loss.

Rooney expressed his displeasure with the lack of playoff success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    upload_2024-6-11_10-47-38.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    upload_2024-6-11_10-48-12.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    It would have to be a real disaster for Tomlin to be fired after 2024 or 2025....like a 5-6 wins seasons or something like that with full of drama....If Rooney didn't trust Tomlin, no way he would have extended his contract for 3 more years with a high salary....For coaching decisions, Khan has very little or no power over his decisions, even he said it in the past....The decision to keep Canada after 2022 and to dismiss him during the 2023 season was made by Tomlin or Rooney

8. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    upload_2024-6-11_8-58-14.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Not surprised by the extension but disappointed. Tomlin being around lessens my excitement for Sundays for sure

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    there are a number of up and coming offensive coordinators that are ready to be good HC’s, the Lions OC is one. We should've moved on but I'm not surprised either.

Tomlin is stale bread, underperformed. Hasn't done anything for over a decade. Seems the steelers extended him for ‘stability’ reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Disagree. Rooney specifically stated the playoff situation has to change.

If they had a season like last year with horrendous QB play then no, obviously Rooney would take that into consideration but a dominant season followed by an inept loss in the playoffs, I could see it.

I didn’t say it was Khans decision, only citied that the organization has been taking a different approach since he took over but obviously Mike isn’t going to fire himself and I’m sure Khan would have input into that, it’s the GM’s duty.

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Their are more then a few reasons.

They could have extended him just one more season, And go season to season. Lets see a step forward.

Art II himself stated he is not happy of not just going to the playoffs but winning one. Hot air?

He extended the constant. 3 YEARS! It's time to put up.

True. Like their is no other coaches in the universe that can coach this team some will say. I don't get it.

Not going to happen Blast.

These next 4 years. 4 years...

13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

or Clown Show

14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it shows us all again that Rooney has no interest in Championships

it is 2024, after all........

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I for one am glad He got the extension.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Actually How does this make sense.....unless we leave out.....One has actually Won playoff games, won a SB, and been to another.....while the other never has won a playoff game. You know if You pick , and choose years.....you can make anyone look close on comparison. LoL.

17. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

No chance Tomlin is fired if the steelers have their first elite regular season since 2017,no matter what happen in the playoffs.....I don't remember the last time a NFL team fired their head coach with 2-3 years left in his contract and with a great regular season even if they are one and done in the playoffs(don't said Marty Ball with San Diego since he had only one year left in his contract and he had a major feud with his GM at that time).Rooney was too cheap to fire Canada after 2022,he will not fired Tomlin with 55-60 millions left in his contract,get this out of your head immediately!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    lol, not my money. most overrated in history

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    OX, take a breath and read my post in context. Someone asked why some fans turned against Tomlin from the beginning. I was responding to that question, not explaining why there are fans who want him gone now.

I look forward to you acknowledging your error. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You really should stop trying to read his mind. You are very bad at it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What if Watt hadn't gotten injured in the final game of the season last year?

What if the Dolphins lose the 2022 season finale in overtime and the Steelers get a very vulnerable Bills team?

He also pointed out how the Bengals helped the Steelers out late in that playoff game while ignoring the fact that it was only close because Roethlisberger got hurt during that game. You can play the coulda, woulda, shoulda game both ways.

That said, he completely misread my post, which was about why some fans turned on him from the beginning. I wonder if he will acknowledge his error.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This year, next season, could happen. Point is, people are freaking out over the 3 years. You don’t know what they will do, stop pretending to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn’t bet money on it but never say never. A good season and an embarrassing loss in the playoffs? The calls to fire him would be as loud as it was for Canada.

If Colbert were here I’d say no chance.

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    So are all the local Pittsburgh area Cardiologists.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

what if your mother had a beard? SHE'D BE YOUR FATHER!!!!!

If Watt had not gotten injured, we would have lost to the Bills, just like we did. you remember why, b/c your boy Kenny was sitting on the PINE - LOL!!!!!

you really are clueless.

26. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Most fans are done with him already and rightfully so. The portion still backing him are foolish to say the least just like the owner. It’s one thing to be loyal and stable it’s another to take that to an insanity level of repeating the same thing over and over and over

• Agree Agree x 1