1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cam Sutton is back!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jun 5, 2024.

1. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Did I say I liked they kept Ben and Harrison? All these people come on here ***** about the culture MT has created and then praise getting this loser. Continue doing the same things and get the same results and continue to complain about it.

2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    He said priest hood only. But you are correct my man

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Correct again… how can you be all in when you are still missing key pieces, unless they consider what they got qb.. wr… cb as key pieces. I am very very close to taking the under in wins at this point. Dont feel good about our current sitttu-e -ation! But Im not
    All in with a 90 yr old qb and a KFP jr. actually and this is hard to say, Fields has been worse than KFP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't have a problem with the 4 qb's we have in camp. ideal? no but i feel better about them than i did last years group, except maybe mason. i would have tried to keep him around, but hey.

the line is fine. there will be some growing pains but that is just the normal process.

RB's i think we are loaded with.

TE's i think we will be fine as they grow in this offense.

WR's , well it is what it is. there isn't much left out there. i'd consider bryan pringle as a possible but we may have to rely on our new WR coach to get this group to step up this year. there is some talent there.

special teams should be better.

new OC.

i think the defense can be really scary good as long as the injury bug stays away.

we have a lot of young guys that need to step up and make their mark in this league. we shall see who can. it's not like we have never had to do this before. new stars emerge all the time.

we will be competitive for sure. it's a long season. i want to see it evolve. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The defense needs to be much better than last year...Can't always hope to have a turnover in the red zone and hope that it continues....the Steelers had 6 turnovers in the red zone on defense , which is a lot for an entire season....

Please no longer the bend but don't break defense,need to be better than 21st in yards...The offense was a major issue for the Steelers last year but the defense was a disappointment too even before the Steelers were ravaged by injuries....If Fitzpatrick can play more often in the center field and Cam Heyward is healthy and has some left in the tank, that will help a lot, this is for sure.If our second round draft pick in 2023 at the DL position has a breakout season and he is not only used as NT it will help a lot too.It will be important to have better pass rush at the DL position

6. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Wait!! You mean there are bad actors in any large group of people???? NO!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=90ad...LWF0LXRoZS1zdGVlbGVycy0yMDIzLWRlZmVuc2U&ntb=1

we have also upgraded the defense at every level this offseason. not sure your numbers are correct especially before the injuries decimated this unit. they also opened up with a brutal first 3 game schedule. the offense didn't help them in any way last year with the 3 and outs. hard to blame a lot on this defense. they should be far better this year. they were playing with PS players by the end and not only PS players but deep into the PS at safety.

herbig, porter, benton are no longer rookies. peterson is gone. two new inside linebackers added. lee and lowery were added to the defensive line.
    keanu neal gone. they have been upgrading throughout the offseason. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree. The defense is definitely upgraded:
    CB1 - JP Jr. 2nd year vs rookie year - should be an upgrade
    CB2 - Jackson vs Wallace/Peterson/etc. - pretty big upgrade, not because Jackson is great, but compared to last year’s guys
    CB3 - Sutton vs Sullivan - big upgrade in pass defense
    SS - Elliot vs Neal + MASH unit - Elliot is a pretty decent player. Not great, but better than last year’s crop.
    FS - Minkah, please stay healthy
    ILB - Do I even need to go there?
    OLB - I would like to see a 4th guy the caliber of Golden, but if the Top 3 stay healthy and Herbig can sub on both sides we may not need many snaps from a 4th guy.
    DLine - Lowery is a big addition as the 3rd DE to sub for Heyward or Benton. It’s still a thin group if Heyward can’t return to health and be better than the wounded 2023 version we saw of him.

Overall, the back end and ILB spots are much better than 2023. The D line is still thin, but probably better if Cam is OK. IF HEALTHY, this should be a Top 5 defense.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i also want to see what lee does. adams played pretty well for us last year too. as did marshall. hopefully we find a gem or two out of these guys or they push leal and loudermilk.

i think they see something in perales too at OLB. he was poached last year but they brought him back as soon as he was released. he didn't look lost in preseason here. maybe another sleeper. they also brought moon in. we may have enough here as that 4th guy. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Lee probably offers enough on Day 1 to push Leal or Loudermilk off the roster. However, I see Lee as more of a 2025 breakout candidate. I did watch some film of him after we drafted him, and I think he needs more strength to hold up against NFL offensive lineman. I think he’ll get there, but maybe not yet. I’m not impressed by Adams, and I don’t recall even seeing Marshall play in the regular season.

11. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I am not sure for the d-line....they could be very good but it could not be the case if Heyward has not much left in the tank and that Benton don't have a breakout year or for dumb reason he is only used as NT,who would be such a waste.....

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

my bad armon watts. i think he signed elsewhere though. the patriots i believe. marshall was on our PS. we also picked up the slade kid from michigan state. don't know much about him. marshall was drafted by the jets. his sparx numbers were very good. we could benefit from a couple of these guys stepping it up for our depth. :cool:

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Oh....my bad....I didn't read that part. Sorry :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If .....If Wilson has something left in the tank we will be OK, but if He doesn't....:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Pretty much what I was getting at, but He explained why He said priesthood. So I get it now.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe he just watched Spotlight.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    When you asked if they had sunk so low, that implies something new. The accusations against Harrison and Roethlisberger go back to 2008. This isn't new.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do some of you people think maybe Reindeer didn't want to be in Pittsburgh, same with KFP. Tired of BS. As are most fans.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

A major miss for both Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell. One of the few misses overall. They did make up for it with the Terrion Arnold and Ennis Rakestraw Jr. though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Only source that I could find personally.

21. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
  22. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Sorry professor. Lower.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    How is this lower than Roethlisberger being accused of rape and Harrison being accused of terrorizing and assaulting the mother of his child? I'll give you a hint. It isn't.

24. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Big Ben “ allegedly “ as he wasn’t criminally charged. Come on Scribe:hehehe:

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Of the two I expect Leal being pushed off. Loudermilk hasn't shown much himself but he has been in more games than Leal and thus has proven to be the more reliable player. Mind you Leal was a healthy scratch for the final five games of the season.

That all said, neither could likely be on the roster by the end of this upcoming Preseason.