1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does Vegas think we are going to be last in division? 7.5 win line wow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, May 14, 2024.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Steelers would be positioned very well if this was the 1990s. Unfortunately the game has completely morphed into a high octane offensive league and the Steelers biggest weakness is QB and WR.

2. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Are you done?
    I have a feeling you might have left one of your favourite weakness out?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I’ll wait for the season to start. He will give me plenty of reasons like every year.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Chiefs offense wasn't high octane last season, they just have the best QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    do you think Russell Wilson is a weakness? George Pickens a weakness? Roman Wilson could potentially be a good number 2. I think the passing game should at least be decent. Just the fact that we have a real NFL Offensive coordinator this year helps alot.

6. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I think a declining old Russell Wilson could absolutely be a weakness. Pickens has done nothing to prove a viable #1 WR

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Wilson biggest problem in Denver seemed to be holding onto the ball and taking sacks, with Pittsburgh he will have a better OL and running game. If his passing stats are similar to last season, then the Steelers should be good and he has a chip on his shoulder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

You shouldn’t use realism to poke the lenses out of the faithfuls B&G glasses.

9. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I mean listen I’m overly pessimistic so I get people being on the other side but hoping Russell Wilson is any type of answer at this point is really wishing on a prayer.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I agree with WR. Seems like a position of weakness. Lots of "unproven" in that room.

For Wilson. Yeah, I don't expect him to be the Wilson of old, but even an aging has-been shell of Wilson is better than what we had last year. There's a potential that Wilson doesn't pan out for us, but you'd have a hard time convincing me that Pickett is a top 50 QB in the league and you'd have just as hard of a time convincing me that Wilson isn't still a top 20-ish option at the moment. Hopefully Fields becomes the guy of the future, but I definitely expect Wilson to give us a lot more in 2024 than Kenny did last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Can’t argue anyone vs KP he was nothing short of awful in his 2 years here and a major reach.

My guess is Fields is playing by week 4 or 5.

12. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    i hope your wrong about Wilson, but it was definitely a risk to pickup a 36 year old who’s seen better days. Going with how that all went down, I do think we jettisoned KP too quickly.

regarding Pickens, i think he’s shown flashes of a high ceiling. Not his fault he was saddled to a piss poor offensive scheme

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    This team won 10 games last year with a trash QB room that threw a total of 13 TDs, Wilson should have double that amounts of TD passes this season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The thing is that they need to be much better,this is possible on offense since they were brutal in the last few season but I don't think they will be 9-2 in one score game again like last season(the reason why they had 10 wins last season) so they need to win more game by 2 scores or more....The steelers won only 4 games by more that one score or more since 2021....Can't rely to win the one score game everytime!

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Appears fumbles mean nothing to you...., and Qb play doesn't either. If I have to explain how either of these have anything to do with the RB position....then never mind

16. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Esp in Superbowl vs the Pack :facepalm:
    Also, Mendenhall another race baiter, no comparison to Harris other than stats

• Like Like x 1
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well, I expressly mentioned QB play in the comment you reacted to... so not really sure why you would bring that up. QB play isn't the "end all be all" either. There are loads of backs that have succeeded with substandard QB play, and there have been loads of backs that have failed even with quality QB play. It matters for sure, but I don't think the difference between Harris and a Pro Bowl RB is QB play.

I didn't mention fumbles because they were pretty close, so it didn't really seem like a determining factor. Mendenhall during those 3 years listed above was credited with 6 fumbles. Harris has been credited with 5 in his 3 years starting in Pittsburgh. Harris fumbled 1 time in 2 playoff games and Mendenhall 2 times in 3 playoff games. Harris definitely has more sure handles (Harris has 2 less fumbles on a slightly higher carry count), but its not a huge figure. Less than a fumble per season difference. Neither are big time fumblers, and both are apparently prone to having a problematic fumble in games of the highest degree.

I wasn't trying to say that fumbles or QB play have no factor in the RB position... The point that I was trying to make is that Harris and Mendenhall are not dissimilar backs. Based off of watching them play and the statistics that back it up... it is hard to argue otherwise.

18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    And didn't they lead the league in drop passes??

• Like Like x 2
  19. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    yeah,it was awful in the regular season,but it was not longer a problem in the playoffseven if it was very far from being a very good receiving core...Toney had not played in the playoffs too which was a good thing for the chiefs since he made way too many stupid mistake

Their defense was elite all season long too, second best in the NFL after Baltimore last year

• Like Like x 2
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So. ....playing with Ben, and playing with KFP/Trubisky.....no different? We are not talking substandard.....we are talking some of the worst Qb play in the history of the NFL.....you keep talking stats....You should look at the stats of those Qbs. Fumbles matter big time for a RB. You keep failing that part that Warren has the exact amount of fumbles as Najee in over 600 less touches......that is a big thing You keep glossing over. Why???

21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

If the production is better and the number of fumbles is not very high,I take the more productive RB....Outside of the game vs ravens last year in the rain in week 18,I don't think that Warren is a fumble machine even if Harris is great in that.2 of the 4 fumbles by warren was in that game

But funny you think about the fumble when you said in the past that in 2014 Demarco Murray was a better RB that Le'Veon Bell because he had more yards but Murray had 5 fumbles that year vs 0 for Bell!...Classic double standard again!

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah....let's leave off everything else that Murray had over Bell that year.....classic....picking, and choosing from you . If You don't know the difference of comparing two RBs with the close to the same touches, and comparing fumbles with two RBs that have not even the same amount of touches.....You are more simple minded than I thought. Again.....Warren has the same amount of fumbles as Najee.....with over 600 less touches. Can You say Der de der.. yeah that's close. LoL

23. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Bell had everything over Murray in 2014 outside of rushing yards(he had also 100 more rushing attempts that Bell) and TD(13 for Murray vs 11 for Bell)....Murray had like 45 more scrimmage yards for Murray with 60 more touch that Bell

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So skipped that You are comparing Bell, and Murray to Warren, and Najee.....how stupid are you kid???.Again. Warren has over 600 less touches than Najee, but has the same number of fumbles. These comparisons are not the same so stop bringing it up. I mean if you were just a bit brighter You would realize You are confirming what I'm saying. ..., but Your too slow to realize that. Maybe someone will post it on tiktok, and you can repost it. LoL

25. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

You know you lost the debate like crazy again when you need to insult others with the word kids or something else....