1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots OT Chukwuma Okorafor Hints He’s Getting Better Coaching Than With Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, May 20, 2024.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He never played up to his contract, we upgraded at the position, camp hasn't even started yet he sounds bitter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OF COURSE he is getting better coaching. We have been WAY below the bar, is anyone in their right minds doubtful of that, on the offensive side of the ball?

come on man, come on

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I know you are just looking for an excuse to bash the Steelers' coaches but try applying some critical thinking. Okorafor was a disappointment who was finally benched, and then sent packing. Do you think maybe he has an axe to grind that might make him an unreliable source?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Idk dude, hearing more and more of this kinda talk from ex Steelers. Also former Steelers excelling with new teams. Growing up once Steelers were done with you their careers were done. True story

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I kinda agree with you on this particular player. We shall see if he shines or not with Pats

7. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Is this Uncle Joe? Come on man:hehehe:

8. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I assume he is not talking about Munch, but Klemm seemed like a disaster and not sure Sarrett was much better. We will find out about Meyer this year with a component OC and a bunch of young guys.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Dotson excelled with his new team, though part of that was the team being stubborn about playing him where he was less comfortable rather than some magical coaching by the Rams. Who else?

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There have certainly been some issues with offensive coaching, but Okorafor is in no way a reliable source.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    James Connor seems to be doing good. But in defense of the Steelers, he stayed hurt here
    Would be mighty funny if Hurts gets hurt, see what i did there? and KFP comes in and lights it up. I wouldnt bet on it, but it would definitely make you go hmmm

Last edited: May 20, 2024
  12. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

If that were to happen, it should make everyone go a lot more than hmmm.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Conner had a nice year in 2023 but he has been the same player as he was here - effective but not always available. And I wouldn’t be surprised if KP wanted to throw his previous coaching under the bus after one voluntary practice. I am guessing no one in Philly thought to ask

• Like Like x 2
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I was going to mention JUJU… but hellz to the nos. JUJU shined for only one reason…AB. I personally never thot JUJU was a #1 wr.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    This shocks people he said that?
    1. Look what he was here
    2. Look at the line then
    3. Do you really expect him to knock on his new team that's paying him vs the other team that told him bye bye?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    His statement might have more merit if they were actually having meaningful practices instead of meet and greet sessions.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Probably right, even a rookie coach and his new staff are light years ahead offensively, than what we had here for the last few years

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    More than likely just trying to make himself look better for the new coaching staff than what he actually showed on game days with us. Either that or he just likes burning bridges.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny would be one word for it. Embarrassing for the Steelers and quite a few posters on this board would be another.

As you said, Conner's issue in Pittsburgh wasn't the quality of his play. It was his trouble staying healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't disagree with you that our coaching hasn't been great. But, there really haven't been that many Steelers that I can think of in recent years who left and did better with other teams than they did with the Steelers. James Conner. Cameron Sutton had a better year, but his off field drama takes away from that. Antonio Brown did well when he kept his craziness in check, but he certainly didn't do better. Can't think of anybody else.

21. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    none until recently.
    dotson, kendrick green, robert spillane, hargrave, dobbs,

i guess we could eliminate Chase Claypool....LOL

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Dotson (obvious, but I think damn near all the couch sitters said he should be on the other side)
    Green (A maybe, because while he does play better at his natural position, it's still just marginally and they had better guards on the team)
    Spillane just wasn't a fit, they wanted a coverage ILB to go with the Thumper and he was not it.
    Hargrave (can't really count this one as they wanted to keep him but it was a cap issue and they kept Tuitt without knowing what was going to happen)
    Dobbs still isn't a starting QB, he's a back-up that can start and get you some games, but he's not a long term answer
    Claypool? Not a chance that's all on him for not working on his know issues
    Sanders? Maybe, but he's come out and said it was money
    Wallace? He really didn't do much and they Paid Brown with his money
    JuJu was not a #1 and was never going to be a #1. Had he stayed healthy, he's a big slot

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    chuks needs better coaching. :smiley1::cool:

24. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    You can be a very good player even if you are not a number 1...You can not have 22 pro bowler in your team....

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not as if Green was actually good. They just moved him away from center, where he never should have played in the first place. Dobbs was a fluke who was quickly exposed. Hargrave was a stud for the Steelers, too. The big difference after he left was playing time.

Dotson and Spillane seem to fit the point. Obviously, Claypool does not.