1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does Vegas think we are going to be last in division? 7.5 win line wow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, May 14, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How stupid are You. You complain about how many TDs our Qbs score......then Your Hypocritical a$$ turns around , and makes excuses for why Lame R Jackson had so little of tds. 6 Qb had more overall tds, and 4 had just as many.

2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I mean this is a major problem when you are a bottom 5 offense.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    When you claim that he others would have gotten there if they had played as long you are saying that longevity was the difference. Perhaps I could have phrased that better, but that is your argument and it simply doesn't fit the facts. Woodson had a Hall of Fame resume before he left the Steelers, a better one than Lloyd or Lake. Lake is criminally overrated, but he wasn't as good as Woodson.

Also, you are ignoring that the defense was much worse without him in 1995. That season was an amazing coaching job by Cowher, who made some huge changes during the season after losing Woodson, including opening up the offense and moving Lake to cornerback.

Also, we don't know that the voters would have passed on Woodson if he had been stuck on bad teams. Hell, there are even offensive linemen who spent their entire careers with bad teams and got into the Hall of Fame. Take Joe Thomas, for example.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is dubious speculation at best. And you can't pull the same argument about seeing him with me. I saw every game of Woodson's career.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If He had been on bad defenses....He would never have had the stats He had. You dang well know they would scheme away from Him, but He never played on one....so nobody could do that

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Then stay out of the conversation....since it wasn't addressed to You, but oh yeah ....you want to argue. Nothing dubious about it. Many players have been schemed away from when the rest of a defense suck. If You haven't seen that....well I don't know what to tell You

7. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    For the MVP, in 2023 it was a weak year for the MVP, so yes he won it by default, but my problem with some of the opinions on him (not just you but others too in many different places like twitter), you talk about him like he was a below average QB when only Mahomes, Burrow and Allen have a good argument over him right now in the last few years...so top 5 QB, despite his different style.I don't think it's crazy....But I know that he struggles big time in the playoffs, something that keeps him back big time, no excuse for that and he deserve a lot of heat on that....The problem this isn't even the biggest criticism that I hear about him....

8. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    This is hard to have a bad defense with Rod Woodson in their prime in your defense

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Excuses.....6 Qbs had more total Tds....Not one not 2...., but 6....4 Qb had the exact same....5 Qbs had more total yards...4 Qbs had the exact same amount of wins....So....He leads in nothing, and still won the MVP.....You know it was , bull$hit, I know it was bull$hit, and so does any honesty person. The MEDIA won him the MVP.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How would You know.....You never watch Him play???

11. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Only Lamar had 13 wins last year...9 or 10 of those wins were against team with a winning record...

For the QB who had more TD that Lamar

Dak,he had more TD,but he had a similar QB rating of Lamar and it don't include the rushing yards...and Dallas struggle against good team too
    Purdy....He would been the MVP if he would not had 4 interceptions vs ravens in week 16...Also Kyle Shanahan make Jimmy G a good QB

Josh Allen...He lead the league in turnovers....

Goff....Lamar had a better passing rating that Goff and it don't include the rushing yards difference

Tua...He could not beat a single good team

You can't judge a player on only a single stats too...This is your problem.This is like saying that Blake Bortles in 2015 was better that Lamar last season because of the TD and you ignore everything else and the context

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Are You slow, or do You pretend to be. I just gave You 3 major stats.....that are always in line with the MVP.....until this year......Total Tds, Total Yards, and Wins.....He led in none of them. Stop making excuses for Your lover

13. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    New for you...he led the league in wins...Only the ravens had 13 wins last year in the NFL and Lamar was the starter in everyone...No I am not slow...He had also 4598 yards combined in 16 games who is on par for the MVP...Only the TD was lacking but he was only 7 behind the leader,not huge

14. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Losing consistently in playoffs is hurting Lamar. Noone cares what you did in regular season even if you won every game. Playoffs matter, no wins no superbowls

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You can only avoid a player so much, which is why a guy like Aeneas Wiliams was still well on his way to the Hall of Fame before he ever played for a good team.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I've seen great players do their jobs anyway, which is why there are Hall of Famers who played all or most of their careers on bad teams.

LOL @ you talking about others wanting to argue.

17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    :popcorn:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I see You keep saying bad teams....why??? I never said bad teams....I said bad D. Yes You can have a bad team, and the D still be good, and therefore can't scheme a certain D player out of the game. We are not talking about other positions....You know this, but you just like to argue, and the only way to do so is for You to keep trying to steer the conversation away from what I said. I'm talking about a CB....playing on a bad D, but you already know this....because I have said it many times. If You don't know You can scheme away from one good CB on a bad D ...well :shrug:

19. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    It don't matter......

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So because You have found an outlier this makes it fact???
    So everyone should draft Qbs no sooner than the 3rd round because Montana, and Brady were taken in one ,or later??? Good try though.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny how you are ignoring that the guys who you claim were better than Woodson despite all evidence pointing to you being wrong, Lloyd and Lake, also had those same defenses helping them produce.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was just one example. Do you think Williams was better than Woodson? Good luck selling that nonsense.

23. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I would also be worried, coz if Watt gets hurt its over. Unreal how one guy affects the whole defense.

24. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Woodson best overall CB, tackling and covering. But for just covering wrs, prime time was the best, hands down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Meh. Sanders would have been nothing without those dominating Atlanta defenses the first five years of his career. Don't you know that they were the reason he was a three-time All-Pro before leaving the Falcons?