1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2024 Pittsburgh Pirates

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    There was a minor league team, don’t remember whose, that had Mario Mendoza as the hitting coach. Not a joke, they really did. Maybe he was there to show them what not to do.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Anyone remember the guy the Pirates had a few years ago, Daniel Vogelbach? Well, I was suspicious that Rowdy Téllez and Vogelbach were actually the same person, and that Vogelbach donned a fake beard and somehow deceived the GM. Possible motivation being that he liked Primanti’s.
    Then I found out they were actually teammates a few years ago for the Brewers, invalidating my theory and shooting it all to ship.
    In all seriousness, the Pirates have to let go of the sunk cost and DFA Téllez.

Last edited: May 13, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    The bullpen come in gives up 2 runs. Good times

5. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Grand slam given up by our bullpen

6. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    If the Pirates don't score 6 - 8 Rruns a game they have no chance

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    The Pirates have Brady Feigl at Indy, with a WHIP less than 1. He should be promoted and one of the relievers sent down or moved. There is absolutely nothing to lose at this point by bringing up players who are doing well in AAA, and moving on from players who are not doing well on the major league level. It send a terrible anti-motivational message to players when they do well but are blocked behind players who suck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    *****!ing about same thing on Buc message board. And it is starting to remind me of this board when we want Tomlin gone. They want Shelton gone and so do I.

9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    What's odd to me are the Stl. Cards. 1907-08 last time they finished in last place 2 straight years. Now, granted our beloved Bucs could help them out and take over last place.

A brief summary of Bucs. We are 4 games under which from what I've been watching is damn good. Should be 10 under. The one bright spot is our starters overall have been decent. Then again it seems they only let them pitch 5 innings. MLB needs contraction. To many triple A guys in the big leagues. When I watched them in Philly you could see the difference in all aspects of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Pittsburgh and Cleveland could combine their rosters and be the Indiates. They could play in Youngstown.
    (I know they aren’t the Indians any more)

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Skenes might not need it. His girlfriend already does quite well with NIL money and what she brings in as a social media influencer. To take the line from a really bad movie. " She's a gym-nast." Other than that, I'm not quite sure why she is popular on social media, but in some crowds, she's a much bigger name than Skenes.

Let's just hope she isn't another Anna Benson ... and that Skenes is better than Kris Benson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    By the way, as expected, the Pirates truly suck. Now that Skenes is up, the offense and defense can let down two very talented young pitchers instead of one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Brewers destroying them at the moment.

Shameful some of these guys are in MLB. And Bobby boy keeps raking it in.

14. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    A lower classification has to be used to describe them. They don’t suck, they swallow. They are playing the most ugly baseball imaginable. I would not walk across the street and pay $2 to see this nonsense.
    If they, say, release or trade Tellez, give Cutch a reduced role until he can retire at the end of the year, send Triolo down (if he has options), and promote Lamb and Bae from Indy I would go to a game.
    Until some of these moves happen, I will go mow the back 40.
    I do give them credit for bringing Nick Gonzales up. He basically forced them to by hitting so well in AAA.

15. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Hey on a good note Cutch is finally above the Mendoza line!

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I would go just to watch a game in that beautiful ballpark, but not with any interest in rooting for the Pirates. I haven't done that since 1992. Baseball's financial system stacks the deck against them, but ownership is the true disgrace. If they don't try, why should we care?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Triolo is out of the lineup today and Gonzalez is playing third. Maybe they will DFA Triolo. Priester has been sent down and Eyechart has been called up to pitch.
    I don’t wish ill on anybody, but if Tellez stepped on a rake or something and Lamb was called up to take his place…….
    Is it possible that the Pirates’ GM reads this forum for ideas? Hmmmm.

18. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Suwinski 4 strikeouts tonight. Why is he here

19. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Pirates up 5-4 vs Cubs. Bednar with a one run lead in the bottom of the 9th. What could go wrong?

20. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Hallelujah they hung on for the win.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Yeah they did. One of the few times they've looked like a real MLB team. They have made some moves. Seems like except for suwinski and yellez. The hitting has been much better. Tomorrow they'll lose by 10 runs

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pirates are on a winning streak! Ok it's a 1 game streak. That's 3 times in the past 2 weeks they've achieved that. :rolleyes:

Now if Bednar and El Chapo-man could only sync up more often like last night, we'd almost be doing alright. How many games have they taken turns blowing a Bucco lead? Half of the Bucs losses? Only about 5 of their 23 losses have been early blowouts where the late relievers didn't affect the outcome. Hoping Jones can continue pitching well. He has amazing control and apparently never had more than a 2 ball count on any one batter over 6 complete innings. That's special.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Bucs are free at MLB.com and they are actually killing the Cubs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    8 - 0. We may have enough runs that our bullpen can hold them to 7!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    OK Bucs up 8-0 with 4 innings to go. Skenes no hits so far but Shelton will probably take him out.

• Like Like x 1