1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I think the Steelers will trade Dan Moore

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, May 11, 2024.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    never said he should be the starter. :cool:

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Everything You just said is evaluated from college. We don't have a clue what it will be like in the pros

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Although I have never played on the OL(thats for the big uglies LoL)....both My brothers have, and they say comparing playing left, and right guard to playing LT, and RT is like comparing playing Qb to CB.

4. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    That is why you wait until after preseason is over before you trade away Dan Moore. Who knows maybe Fauntanu struggles and is not ready to be your starter, maybe Dylan Cook has not gotten better since last year and is not ready to be your swing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would say .....JMO.....I would wait beyond that, and into the regular season. We have seen that preseason many many times shows not much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny how so many players seem to do it seamlessly. Jones went from college left tackle to starting in the pros at right tackle and handled it well, just to name one example.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    He said no such thing.

8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Tomlin did not gave a true shot at Jones in the last training camp....Moore had almost first team rep in the last training camp and after,Jones did well against the ravens in week 5 but for some reason,Moore was the starter once again in the next game and Jones on the bench :facepalm:

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He gave up a sack in his only game at LT.

10. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I don't remember the sacks to be honest but he was very good for the rest of the game.The ravens defense were also the best team in sacks in 2023....Moore gave up too many sacks too

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All LT give up sacks. All I'm saying is people can't complain about Moore giving up sacks in 16 games, and then say someone that gave up a sack in the only game they played at that position is superior. That's all.

12. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Sacks can happen but the problem with Moore,it was he was among the leader in sacks and also pressure allowed...Despite this he was our starter all year long even if Jones was a first round pick as LT....Okafor was right on Canada btw

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He was also among the leading LT that had their Qbs run right into sacks....., and that's exactly how Jones gave up His sack also.

14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think the fact Dan Moore has held his own against the second best pass rusher in the league in Myles Garrett is suggesting the pff grade is not all it's cracked up to be.

Also the man has played every game. He also hasn't been a distraction.

If someone offers a 6 round pick I'd laugh in their face. Backups also are very important as someone on the Oline is most certainly going to get banged up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    garrett twice. maxx crosby and joey bosa also to start the season. these LT's with starting experience and that much starting experience don't grow on tree's. especially at this price. keep him around. a 6th round draft pick is not worth it. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Interesting made-up stat, but he didn't play for the Bears, so I doubt that is true.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just these two little examples are all You need to know about PFF.....They had T. Edmunds ranked higher as a Safety than Minkah Fitzpatrick, and they had M. Garrett ranked higher than TJ. Watt, and those are just two examples of their stupidity. Yet people keep listening to them. PFF = Pretty F**king Fake

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have no way to actually prove it, but I don’t think that’s how or why it played out like that.

My hunch is that he was slated to take over at LT, but once (what’s his name) who was starting at RT blew it with Tomlin and ended up in the dog house he was moved to the left for the remainder of his rookie season.

Now he has some good starting experience in the NFL at a different position to provide flexibility to that room.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=1252...tZ2l2ZS11cC1qb2Itd2l0aG91dC1hLWZpZ2h0Lw&ntb=1

good read.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    yeah, he sounds like a great dude and a hard worker, but that doesn’t always mean it will pay off to somebody who’s naturally more skilled and also a good worker. That’s also why I said he’d be a great back up. Give his experience. With a great article like that, he was still rank, the lowest part of the lead with the left tackles, maybe he’ll make a great coach one day

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And playing with the lowest rank Qbs had nothing to do with this???

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    no it means he has value to us. as we know injuries happen. AB , hines ward, TJ watt, highsmith, and probably a few i left out worked their tails off to get better and where they are. i'll take these guys that dedicate themselves to their trade any day over guys that think they are entitled to it. just letting him walk for a 6th round pick would be a huge mistake. the old saying, you don't know what you got till it's gone may hold true in this situation. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Moore didn't ask for a trade last year after the Steelers drafted Jones. I don't see the Steelers trading Moore because he asks to be traded.

Injuries happen in camp and preseason. I can see the Steelers trading Moore to a team that needs a starting LT.

Moore is a pros pro. He appears to be willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win. I think Moore has more value as a backup LT than to be cut. The Steelers might be able to get a 3rd or 4th round pick from a team that needs a starting caliber LT with 49 games of starting experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    A lot of speculation going on here, but don't be the least bit surprised when Dan Moore is named as the starting LT when the season starts. Tomlin doesn't like to start rookies, but I'm guessing Fautanu will be starting over Moore at some point this season

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe, but Jones is the LT. From what I’ve read, Fautanu has been working on the right side. Maybe we start with Jones at RT and then move him to LT when Fautanu is ready.

• Like Like x 1