1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does Vegas think we are going to be last in division? 7.5 win line wow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, May 14, 2024.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not in the regular season they haven't, not many coaches are winning 10 games last season with that QB room, those 3 QBs combined to throw a whopping 13 TDs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Not if Tomlin gets a contract extension before the season starts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm going to try to go to Vegas before the season starts and bet the over, I heard Vegas raised it to 8.5.

4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Wonder if there is a bet for the Steelers not to win a playoff game. A more guaranteed outcome never existed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    The AFC North will have 4 teams with 14-3 records.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    They had their worst PPG since the rookie season of Terry Bradshaw in 1970 after 14 games,so the coaching was not that great...I mean the OC had been fired after 10 games.

They needed some historic luck (first game vs Ravens when their receiver dropped everything in the first half, Burrow out in both game vs us, 2 FG missed by the Rams kicker to just stay in the game)...Also 2 defensive TD vs Browns, credit for our defense but they won by only 4 points, the Ravens play their backups in the final game and overall 9-2 in one score game

Yes they won 10 games, but many of the things were out of their control.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

agreed

a win is a win, but lucked into a few of those last year, including the LUCK of Kenny getting injured (dummy Tomlin and player eval, to think Trubisky was any good......dumb luck that Mason got in there) to allow Rudolph to SCORE SOME POINTS finally, late in the season

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What does historic luck even mean? Plenty of teams have been luckier than last year's Steelers.

Missed field goals count. That is the value of the Steelers' having an elite kicker like Boswell.

Receivers dropping passes counts, even with your hyperbole. Better teams don't drop as many passes.

Avoiding turnovers is part of the game, too. The Steelers did that better than the opposition many times last season, including that victory over the Browns.

The Steelers had some bad luck of their own. They lost their starting quarteback in Week 13. His replacement sucked badly enough to be benched. They beat the Bengals the second time with their third-string quarterback.

The defense lost Cameron Heyward just a few plays into the season and he wasn't right all year. Injuries crippled the defense late in the season, including both starting inside linebackers. At one point, they were without their top three safeties, too.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What was their record in games played with Pickett?

10. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    No team were outgained in every game in yards after 8-10 games and having a winning record in NFL history before the 2023 steelers

If the opposing team didn't make stupid mistakes, it was a loss for the Steelers, often by a blowout... That changed when Rudolph was our QB but before that, the Steelers relied on other teams' errors and turnovers by our defense...Just look at the first game vs ravens...

Every Ravens Dropped Pass vs Pittsburgh Steelers | Ravens vs Steelers 2023 Highlights (youtube.com)

some of the drops by the ravens were comical and two of his drop passes cost a minimum of 11 points(at 0:36 and 1:23 of this video)...Different game if they catch both routine pass.Both teams deserved to lose this game, it was that bad!

11. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    7-5 but only 16 PPG or something like that

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Makes no difference what you prefer. The topic at hand is the Vegas over/under. The oddsmakers aren’t looking at it through black and gold glasses like you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This 100%. If any other coaches went through the Qbs we had, the loses at LB, and safety we did ....most would get a pass for a losing season. Yet We went 5-1 in the division, and 10-7 overall.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I don't think these odds are unrealistic. This morning I was thinking about this, even in Canada's horrible system would the team have won more, and been more competitive last year with MR at QB? can't really know, but the same thoughts with Wilson at QB. If he plays even moderately good, if the O line gels and the running game improves and we sustain drives, the team may actually have better O stats, be more competitive and yet lose more games. Or we may actually win a game or two more, just because the league is that close in talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Why the attacks by you again?

I predict a 9-8 season for the steelers....I can also see the steelers being better at the center,OC and QB position but the steelers were a 7-10 caliber team last year at best who was very lucky in some of their win(like I mentionned by couples post before your post) but you attack me despite this because you think I wear black and gold glasses?!....I mean c'mon,grow up a bit....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I attacked you? Now that’s rich.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    see below in bold....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It was also 7-4 and the game against the Cardinals was tied when he was hurt. They have a better shot that day and in the two Trubisky started if he doesn't get hurt. They beat the Bengals either way. No matter how much everyone wants to fawn over Rudolph, the running game trampled the Seahawks. They also beat the Ravens the first time almost exactly the same way they did with Rudolph, except they didn't even have much of a running game when they did it with Pickens.

That's just one way the Steelers dealt with misfortune last season.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Again, part of being a better team is not making those mistakes. You still haven't come up with a legitimate answer for my point, which is that the Steelers had quite a bit of bad luck work against them, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. It’s a game of inches and you can do that both ways, “well, they lost those games because of xyz”.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The point is that when they were 6-4 or something like that,they were winning even if they were outgained like crazy,like 100 yards per game.This is not a recipe for success in the long run...It was not sustainable

22. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The offense vs cardinals had only 3 points in the first half against this very weak defense...Yes the steelers had a fourth down and goal at the one yard line with Trubisky but it was far that it was going to be a TD if Pickett would not been injured the play before...The first drive for Trubisky was in the 3rd quarter

The steelers were winning game with Pickett the same way the Broncos were winning game with Tebow in 2011 when they were also 7-4 with Tebow.The defense needed to keep the score low for 55 minutes for the most part (or it was going to be a blowout for the other team if it was not the case) and in the end the offense needed a score to win with like 17 points or under...Again not sustainable in the long run...It changed when Rudolph was our QB.I don't think he would have been an option in the long run, far from that, but in the few games he played for us last year, it was a big improvement compared to the other two...The only difference between Trubisky and Pickett, it was that Mitch was horrible for 60 minutes vs 55 minutes for Pickett!

Yes I know Matt Canada was just awful and I had just enough since early in 2022 at least but Kenny didn't do his part too

23. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    AFCN had all 4 teams finish with winning records in 2023 I believe. Tough division, QB performance still unknown. If we keep the injury bug away this year, who knows what could happen.

• Like Like x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    .... division winner and 3 wildcards.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We don't know what that version of the team would have done the rest of the way. We didn't see a full season of Pickett. More importantly, we didn't see a full season of that defense when it was healthy. Also, keep in mind that the first half was the tougher part of the schedule.

• Agree Agree x 1