1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So a little Question

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Apr 12, 2024.

1. A Great Qb

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. OK Qb

37 vote(s)
    67.3%
  3. Terrible Qb

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Terrible. Only because I expect RW to win the Super Bowl and then sign a team friendly contract to win more.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Ok I voted for great. Here is Why. Fields never had a chance with the line he had in Chicago, never mind the WR's. Top that off with bad coaching.

I believe the Steelers WILL finish the OL rebuild this year, AND get our QB's another top WR. I hope that RW has something good left for at least one more year allowing Fields to learn from the bench Better QB play. This Steeler team is WAY better surrounding both QB's than either of them have had in the last couple years.

Allen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought people would openly stand behind their convictions.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Finally....a man who voted great... who actually stands behind what He thinks. I don't agree, but I commend it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well I can’t speak for why anyone hasn’t but I havent voted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why not???

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Because you don’t have “The next franchise QB” option!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Exactly
    or the
    Out of the NFL in 4 years option

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yous guys get the options I presented. LoL.

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Hater,

11. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    If i had to guess, he’ll be what he was in chicago. Great athletic ability that never really comes together as far as potential. A place holder for a year or two till we get our next first round Qb.

Btw, I think Wilson has a good near pro bowl caliber year. Then falls off the cliff in 25.

this was not a good long term solution by the steelers. Its more of a last gasp SB run for Tomlin.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I voted a great QB. Because I’m an optimist.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    And like it!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    I voted great aswell. I agree with Jasper04 in that Fields never had an Oline, had no recievers until last year and was running for his life or trying to make things happen. On top of that, poor coaching and having 2 offensive coordinators in 3 yrs and trying to make him play robotic. In my research, a lot of Bears fans wanted to keep him as they saw the progress he had in yr 3 and his teammates were sad to see him get traded...which says a lot about his potential, work ethic, and him as a teammate.

Lastly, I will say he needs to work on reading defenses and progressions and him sitting behind Russell Wilson, learning the offense without pressure, and competing may be just what the Dr ordered to put him on the right path. For him wanting to come to the Steelers, even though he knew Russell Wilson was here, says a lot and tells me this kid is humble and willing to learn to take his game to the next level.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nothing wrong with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thanks for putting it out there. I don't agree, but it sure would help if You are correct. As someone who watches Chicago unless the Steelers are playing at the same time, and I even watch their games if they show the replays on NFL Network. I don't think Chicago is as bad as people think, and their backup Qb didn't have the same problems as Fields seemed to have with the line.

17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    You're options are cloaked

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think everyone knows how I feel about dual QB’s, I love the challenge they present for defenses.

If Fields can realize his potential then I think he automatically levels the playing field with the other top QBs in the AFC.

Can he do that? I really don’t know but he has a fantastic arm and can score in a blink with his legs so I’ll go out on a limb and hope the X’s and O’s part of his game rounds into form and predict he’ll be great.

• Like Like x 2
  19. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    I'm trying to be optimistic in some regards. I dont disregard your thoughts and what you seen up until this point, as ive watched videos discussing his deficiencies. I just know Fields has a **** load of talent, but he has to really work on reading defenses, throwing with anticipation, and working through progressions. That may be a tall task to ask but I'm hoping Arthur Smith's offense helps with this while still allowing Field's the chance to use his natural athletic ability to move the pocket and run and keep defenses honest and guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Potential isn't just physical. It is intelligence. It is desire. It is processing speed. During his first three seasons, Fields showed he was lacking in processing speed. Maybe the ability is in there somewhere and he just hasn't tapped into it yet, but for a quarterback, that weakness is even more damaging than a weak arm or slow feet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I voted "great" because I think he was good in Chicago, but had bad teams and poor help. He will have a much better team and help with our team. Hoping I am right.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    About time You got off the fence. LoL :thumbs_up:

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Love the optimism and hope you’re right.

• Like Like x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    From someone that watches both...I believe their (Bears) OL is better than ours last year, and they had just as many weapons as We did. Now the coaches aren't as good, but that's up for debate since many believe our coach sucks. Although I do thank You for answering, and I hope You are right, and I am wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He has a much better pair of running backs in Pittsburgh, but will he really have a better offense around him? D.J. Moore is better than Pickens. Cole Kmet is better than Freiermuth. The Bears' line isn't great, but a very large percentage of the sacks they gave up were due to Fields holding the ball way too long.

• Like Like x 1