1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fans get ready for another year of Dan Moore Jr. as your starting LT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Mims @ 20 for the win

2. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    No, but you are one of them that thinks Fields is the answer. Hope you are right, but wouldnt bet on it. Giddy giddy, oh he is so athletic

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Captain save a hoe? Nice.. cant say i ever heard that one before:rawk:

5. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    And the Steelers try and resuscitate them:facepalm:

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They got Fields for nothing, high reward low risk move :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Dan Moore is 25 years old and has started 49 games at LT. He would look good for any team that has a starting LT in their mid 30s.

I was thinking a 4th (2024) round pick, but Khan may be able to get a 3rd (2025) round out of Moore after the draft if a team is desperate enough.

Dan Moore has made it clear that he wants to stay at LT, and does not feel comfortable playing RT. (like wiping your ass with the wrong hand) Nothing wrong with a player believing in himself and knowing what position he plays the best, and what position makes him feel uncomfortable.

Kevin Dotson is a great RG, his rookie season with the Steelers the sky was going to be the limit for him at RG, but then he just sucked ass when the Steelers forced him to play LG. He got out of Pittsburgh and just signed a $48 million contract to play RG.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  8. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I think your right. Its unfortunate but don’t blame the current Front Office blame Colbert and bad luck. We did not draft well or manage the team well the last five years prior to Khan taking over. We simply have too many holes to fill. We could take a OT in the first round but hen you run the risk of not getting a starter capable Center or WR. Right now we literally do not have starter capable players at those two positions at least not long term. To me the best option is you try to trade down to pick up some draft capital and draft a Center or WR in Rd one and move up and take the one you didn’t get in the second rd. Maybe sign Becthon in FA to compete at RT and maybe take a late round flyer on a Drum from Wyoming. We still need to add to the CB room and a DT as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

well, he signed a BIG CONTRACT after he left and then EXCELLED.

more FO and COACHING failure, egg on our face.

what a mess our drafting and coaching and player dev has been for the past 6-7 years.

I think there is roster space for Moore as a backup, #7 on the roster. Could play backup T or G.

We will see.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I am one of these people that keeps wondering why Munch is unemployed.

If Broderick moves to LT, and they draft a Center and RT, I would really hope they could bring back Munch at least as a consultant to help Pat Meyer this year.

3 months ago: https://steelersnow.com/ex-steelers-ol-coach-mike-munchak-considering-a-comeback/

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I assume he is unemployed because he wants it that way. I am certain some team would have hired him if he really wanted to be an assistant coach in 2024.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Munch went to CO to be w family - not so much b/c he did not like the Steelers, altho opportunities were thin here for him, unfortunately.

13. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

am one of these people that keeps wondering why Munch is unemployed

AND

Why Larry O is still waiting for a physical from the Steelers
    ;)

14. Darren Molloy

Darren Molloy Active Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Has Dan Moore ever played LG? If we get a good RT in the draft he will be relegated to a back up roll but it would be great if he can play both LT and LG.

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he will LEARN LG if he has to!
    ;)

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    At least he can still use the same hand to wipe his butt.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You are way off base saying Dotson sucked ass at left guard. His issue was penalties. He was a monster as a run blocker

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't know what the Steelers will do if they draft Mims in the 1st round. Mims is definitely not ready to be a week 1 starter. Do you keep Moore at LT and Broderick at RT, until Mims is ready to start playing RT midway through the season? Don't get me wrong the upside on Mims is better than anyone else in this Draft, probably why I still like Latham and Fuaga over Mims.

Moving Moore to RT will be a disaster, but forcing Mims to start at RT immediately is not going to be much better.

19. 78steelers

78steelers Active Member

Nov 15, 2023
    Why not take a chance on David Bakhtiari. I know he has injury issues but major upgrade in play over Moore.

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Has Bakhtiari ever played RT as a pro? What we need is a guy who can play the right side and let Jones settle in on the left.

21. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    No way. Age and starting experience while factors can’t be weighed over quality of work. The guy has been a below average starter in the NFL. Unless somebody sees value and flaws they can fix I don’t see them getting more than a 5th rd pick for him.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Because he's made of glass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Dan Moore will be just fine in a run first offense with lots of PA. You just can't line up every snap in shotgun and let Edge rushers tee off on him for 50-60 snaps a game. I don't care how many people you send in motion.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    If he gets to play LT. Asking to move to RT is going to be a completely different story.

25. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    His issue was penalties because he was at the wrong position and our o-line coach is below average at best