1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So....who are we rooting against in the SB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Romans5:8, Jan 20, 2013.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Wow. Just that thought right there is enough to share the glory of 6 SBs. Plus they would still only have ONE!! :hmmm::roflmao:

Plus I kinda like Colin Kaepernick.

2. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    I'm rooting for the 49ers. I don't want them to get 6, but I can't stand the Ravens.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Aha, there's the rub though. Those games had guys that admitted to betting on the game they played in as well! Also, they played for 3rd and 4th after the championship game!

4. jenyeart

jenyeart Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    As much as I like to watch the "new look" 49ers, I simply cannot support them in their efforts to tie us at 6 Super Bowls...plus they would be 6-0 in the Super Bowl.
    Most of their fans are total douchebags as evidenced by the violence that seems to occur at Candlestick Park every year.
    I went to the Steelers-49ers debacle last year and their fans were awful...the absolute worst people I have seen (and I have been the visitor at a Raider's home game).
    Their team deserves better...and WE deserve better (in spite of our lousy season this year).

This feels all wrong, but I'm gonna say it anyway...I'm rooting for the Ravens!

Besides...when they talk all that crap next year, it will feel that much better when we sweep their asses!

5. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Ive said it before and Ill say it again...who cares..its not the last SB ever played...

You would much rather look at the dirtbags from baltimore talking smack being arrogant and rubbing it in our faces for a year...and how the ravens are the "team to beat" in the division ...

besides we were first to 6 :dancing:

6. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Trust me when I say: NO team has worse fans than the Baltimore Ravens! They are scum and I speak from experience.

7. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
  8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok I changed my mind, F the rats!! When I cheer for 49'ers I'll be thinking of Jerry Rice, Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott. Say the 49'ers tie us, then we win #7 in a couple of years, I can live with that. The 49'ers D reminds me of the Steelers D ( of the past) more than the rats anyway, and I'm a D person. ( even back in school ) :huh:

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't want the 49ers tying us either but we can always change that and win more rings. We can't change the rats winning a SB, that will be there always. No more rings for the rats! :ratbirds:

10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The only way I would cheer for the rats, is if they were going up against Dallass. I think I would dehydrated from puking if I had to cheer for Dallass.

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I definitely am rooting for these teams to lose the superbowl. I cannot root for either to win it. Having said that, the only way I could stomach the Rats winning is if Flacco got hurt in the first quarter and received no credit for the win. Therefore his ring would have an asterisk next to it. Same thing with Ray Lewis, I want him out in the first quarter, crying on the sidelines.

12. scottishsteeler

scottishsteeler Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cannot stand the Ravens!!!

If the niners equal our record at least we can do something about it. Couldnt stomach the classless Ratbirds with Lewis and co celebrating a Lombardi.

49ers all the way!!

13. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I can`t really root FOR either team,...(So thank you for phrasing it the way you did...)
    And I just can`t bring myself to not watch the Superbowl(Although, that thought has seriously crossed my mind several times since Sunday night)...
    I mentioned to a co-worker Monday morning, that there almost couldn`t possibly be a worse SB matchup to watch, for a Steeler fan, unless Dallas was in it.
    As is... Since San Fran has never really been a DIRECT rival to us(Their "dynasty", and ours were in different decades)...
    I guess I have to hope that they win a bitter defensive battle, that leaves both teams with no healthy players left at the end of the game.
    I will be rooting "for" the Defense, the entire game...
    It will be difficult to accept that another team has won six trophies, and harder yet, to see a team with NO losses in the big game,
    But either of those is better than seeing the effin Ratbirds win the big game!!!
    This SUX!!!:darkness::mad::thumbsdown::frustrated::ratssuck:

14. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I totally feel the same way! I have seriously considered not watching the Superbowl this year, but I know that wont happen. This is absolutely the worst scenario for a Superbowl, but in all reality I cannot cheer for the Rats....the Black N Gold in me just wont allow it. I will not say go 49ers, but it is the lesser of the 2 evils!

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I changed my mind and will watch the SB this year. Only to see which Harbaugh's head explodes first!

16. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Go cowboys!! And I grew up in the 70s and hate the cowboys. I hate the Ratturds more.

Their fans are douche bags too, all of them. I saw one Sunday wearing his lil ravens leather jacket and this guy walking beside me had on a steeler jersey. He goes, its nice to see people wearing their teams stuff when they are out of the playoffs. I flipped my steeler keychain over and said, 'all of us arent fair weather fans.' "Im not either, Ive been a raven fan all my life. I m from baltimore." Like I give a **** where he was from. I started to say , "Lying sack of ****, you pulled for the colts then too." But I knew I pissed him off, so I just smiled and walked off. :lolol:

17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    After much soul searching I've decided that SF getting its 6th Lombardi is by far the lesser of 2 evils.

That said, if on the 3rd, a meteor about 500 feet across give or take was to hit New Orleans... I'm ok with that.

18. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    In my dreams, the game ends like this:

Ravens are up 1 late with only seconds left. 49ers come out to kick a 64 yard field goal. The kicker hits it badly and it only goes to about the 20 yard line. Ray Lewis (who probably shouldn't have been out there on a special teams play) picks up the ball in victorious fashion and heaves it into the end zone stands, then drops to his knees and points at the sky, weeping.....while the referee is signaling 'safety' and the 49ers start celebrating!

19. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol: You've thought about this for a while! Haven't you?

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i hope the 49ers can beat the rats , seems everything is going their way this season , the 4thdown conversion in san diego the dallas missed kick at the end in baltimore the incredible collapse of denver db in playoffs , the welker drop that start the rats rally in boston , i still can't believe they are in the sb and now i'm worried they will find a way to give ray ray the trophy . i would love the 49ers blow them out from the start

21. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I just can't bring myself to root for the Ravens. A win would give San Fran 6 titles but they passed us when we had 4 so we'll just have to win one in the next few years to take the lead back.