1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fans get ready for another year of Dan Moore Jr. as your starting LT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 30, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think some of You should actually break down Moores tape. He is not even close to as bad as some say He is, and people using what PFF =Pretty F**king Fake says about Him is PFF =Pretty F**king Funny. I like How people only rely on PFF when it backs what they think....while in another thread talk about how stupid they are.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    And Seumalo got criticized early on playing between those two :facepalm:

I want a center in the 1st. The importance of this position is without parallel. I want to see a franchise player. If Khan thinks he can trade down grab another pick in the later rounds and grab JPJ or Frazier then all the better. To miss out would be a setback.

How sad is it that Moore can't play the right side. And he will be the swing tackle? Final year of his contract.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He’s not the worst like PFF makes him out to be, but he’s pretty far below average in pass protection, and yes, I have watched his tape not just games on live TV. But, he has improved his run blocking, so props to him for that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    It is the run blocking that we will be focused on. It's for this reason I will not panic if we go defense at pick20. The OL must be upgraded, but it doesn't have to be day1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    And Mims is his name… E I E I O

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He has improved every year. The Man has only played 3 years, and has improved every year. I think it would be a mistake to just throw away a player that has shown improvement every year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

especially if we are going to be run heavy and play action. plus we have a big ol TE that can help. if the snaps are where the qb is not guessing we may be alright with moore. i don't dislike moore. center is a need for sure. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Totally agree.

10. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    What you just said applies to Justin Fields as well.

I partly agree, and partly disagree on Moore. It’s easy to watch his games and see that he’s not close to where he needs to be in pass protection, especially for protecting the QB’s blind side. I would be a bit less concerned with him at RT, though based on his “wiping his butt with his left hand” comment I’m not sure he’s willing and/or able to make the switch. I do think he’s serviceable enough to hold the fort at a below average starter level in 2024, so T hasn’t been as big of a priority for me as 1. Center; 2. Nickel; 3. #2/Z WR, all of which are needed right now. I consider T as equal in priority to outside CB, DL and a second ILB (preferably a green dot guy).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    dan moore at LT would be a COLOSSAL off-season failure.

we still have LOTS of $$ left - what are we doing with it?!?!?!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still believe that 24 year old, an former 1st round pick Mekhi Becton would make a good RT for the Steelers to pair with their draft pick.

He was in Cincinnati 2 weeks ago.

13. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    And that's what makes him so intriguing. I would argue, the team's best athlete out of all the OL. His run blocking, imo, is superb, where he gets into trouble is with his technique right of the snap in terms of pass protection. Loses leverage of the snap, a bit to often for my liking, and if he can work on that, he's more than a serviceable LT. Will it be enough to offer him a long term contract after the season, time will tell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Moore stated day one in 49 games as a 4th round draft pick. This didn't happen by accident. There are quality players that will be drafted after the 1st and 2nd rounds.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Ask Jets fans about that option. They will quickly tell you it is a very bad idea.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is mostly how I see it. I find it strange that Moore can't handle the switch, though part of me wonders if his agent is in his ear about that one. Left tackles, even mediocre ones, make more money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Now why can’t this be the April’s Fools joke I’ve been guarding against all day?

18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Had 2 injury seasons in the middle, but Reminds me a lot of Kevin Dotson. Monster Rookie Season at RT (691 Snaps), and then gets moved to LT last year (985 snaps). Like Dotson (RG), If they just would have left Mekhi at his natural position of RT, he would have been considered a Pro Bowl type player. Mekhi is a monster that screams Right Tackle 6'7" and 370 pounds.

After his rookie season this was the write-up.
    Drafted No. 11 overall in the 2020 NFL Draft, he started in 13 games and played in 691 snaps (69.9%), and was in the mix for selection to the Pro Bowl. Now, his focus has shifted training during his first professional offseason. "I played really physical this year, I played good but not great," Becton said.Jan 28, 2021

I would assume that Mekhi is a free agent right now, because nobody is offering him the money he wants. I can see most teams going at him with a 1 year prove it deal, because he played terrible last year for the Jets at LT.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  19. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Not every OT can play both sides. AV played RT after joining the Ravens. He equated it to getting used to a room after someone re-arranged the furniture.

Making the run game a priority should be beneficial to Moore in the pass game. If the edge defenders know they cannot get run up the outside they will tend to play to set the edge vs run more often. Moore can handle that.

My son, who played LT, hates Dan Moore at LT. His pass pro sets are terrible according to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No not to Fields. I guess people missed the part where he said they needed to stop trying to get him to learn the offense, and just let him play. (Not in exactly those words, but close enough) LoL. The Qb said this.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Munchak says lineman don’t truly get it until year 3 or 4. So hopefully that’s the case with Moore.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You missed the part where he threw for 400 yards and 3 TD’s in the very next game.

And he didnt say what you implied, what he was saying was he is thinking too much and just needs to go out there play. I believe that was part of Kennys problem, they had him thinking too much. It’s just football, don’t over complicate it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Your son knows what he’s talking about.

25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    My point is that Fields has improved every year, but you and I believe it’s not nearly enough. Also, I disagree on Moore. I think his run blocking improved, but he was a disaster much of the time in pass protection.