1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Farewell Mason Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2024.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Don’t know but I assume so. :shrug:

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...an-quarterback-future-super-bowl/72493713007/

This is just one of many stories I've read referring to Levis being entrenched as their starter. You don't even understand how to spell the guy's name.

3. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Very true. Guess I'd suck it up for millions too.

4. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    I am convinced you are an idiot. It doesn’t say anywhere that Callahan says Levis is an entrenched starter. Reporter’s opinion that Levis is an entrenched starter is just as valid as yours or mine. Levis doesn’t have any history of winning football. He has 3 wins and 6 losses with very average rating of 84.2. If you take away last meaningless game against Atlanta ( for both teams) his rating is below 80 which is even less than Pickett. He has had just two good games, and one was a meaningless game. If he falters, Callahan wouldn’t hesitate to put in Rudolph, who is also young and in his prime. Pickett was entrenched Starter, till Rudolph outplayed him and became starter in playoffs. Pickett was also entrenched starter going into 2024, till they signed Wilson. Rudolph could also get in if Levis gets injured. Plus he’s closer to his parents who can drive and watch his games. It’s probably the best situation for Rudolph short of a starter job. Isn’t that the point of the argument or you forgot that in your quest to make a point.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
  5. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I'm not sure of the currents statistics, but up until picket was injured, he was the current leader for the most passes without an interception. I don't remember the exact number and it's kind of a hard statistic to find, but I think he was a little bit over 200 passes with no interceptions.

To be fair though, he's not really pushing the ball down the field either. He had a lot of dump off passes that pad that statistic. But at the end of the day, he still has a lot of passes with no interceptions on his current streak. With Russell Wilson coming on to the team, I'm pretty sure that Kenny will be on the sidelines and sitting on that statistic until something happens to Russell Wilson or until he doesn't perform.

6. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    The trip is the same for his parents pretty much.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Tiggs99

Oct 30, 2019
    If you are comparing distance from Rock Hill, S.C. to Pittsburgh and Rock hill to Nashville TN, Google claims the one to Nashville is about 50 minutes closer. Not much but still significant. However, I was thinking more in terms of taking a job in say Denver or Minnesota.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You think your opinion of the Titans is as valid as that of a reporter who covers them all the time, as if you know as much about the situation as they do. You're funny. It's not just that you are ignorant, it's that you are oblivious to your ignorance.

Now you want to claim that a Week 7 game was meaningless for both teams. Week 7. Nobody is out of it in Week 7. The Falcons were 4-3 going into that game. They were very much in contention to win their division until they fell apart in December. This sort of thing is why you have no credibility, why I just laugh when you keep lobbing insults at my intelligence.

Now you think you can read Callahan's mind, insisting that he won't hesitate to pull Levis due to some convoluted misrepresentation of what happened with the Steelers this past season, but that isn't even the best part. You actually tried to make a thing about of being closer to his parents. It's so cute how deep you have fallen for Rudolph, but it doesn't lend itself to rational analysis.

This is all in service to this foolish notion that Rudolph had half the league to choose from and he chose to sign a cheap, one-year contract with the Titans. You have convinced yourself of this because you can't handle the fact that no team wanted him as their starter and his market to be a backup was limited. If it wasn't limited, he would have gotten more money. Even the Steelers, who said they wanted him, chose to save a little money to go with Wilson instead. They could have come up with $4 million for Rudolph. They just didn't want him very much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I hope he does well with Tennessee. The guy did everything that was asked of him and didn't blatantly ***** or moan about his situation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tiggs99

Oct 30, 2019
    Didn’t read your dribble. Carry on.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Well then you just lost all of your debatable points for any conversation going forward in this thread. Stating what you just did would be like a 5 year old sticking their fingers in their ears and blabbing out La La La La La La La I can’t hear you. Perhaps you should join a group that discusses Sesame Street instead.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Yeah well you must be Oscar then.

:smiley1::cool::hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The injury Mason suffered in the Ravens game (the year big ben was injured early) changed his career in my opinion. He was playing some good ball and then he suffered one of the worst hits I have ever seen in NFL football. My kids were watching the game with me and were horrified that he was seriously hurt. He was never the same after that until the end of the season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Tiggs99

Oct 30, 2019
    It just means that I have better things to do with my time and have exhausted my capacity for endless arguments with idiots on Steelers message board. If you think I really care about ‘losing debatable points’ on a random Steeler message board, you have a wrong idea about what I couldn’t care less about to put it politely.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Yea ok. After you tuck your tail and run cause you were owned you can come back up from the basement.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And on that hit he kept his eyes downfield and threw a perfect pass resulting in a big gain even though he knew he was going to get leveled. Rudolph is a gutsy guy and I’ll be a fan for the remainder of his career.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think we have forgotten what hits used to be like in the '80s and before, but yeah, it was an ugly hit. Maybe it did take him years to shake it. Or maybe he is what most people think, a guy who can be good when he is protected well., but his poor feel for the pocket is a bigger issue when teams get after him.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That sounds like they wanted him to return at or near the veteran minimum. He only got $3.6 million, $2.7 guaranteed from the Titans.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was his strength and his weakness. The guy would hang in there and keep his eyes down the field all day, but he seemed to lack a sense of when it was time to bail or throw the ball away. I've written before that I think he and Pickett had opposite problems. I just felt like Pickett was more likely to figure his out with proper coaching.

22. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Unproductive.

Use your words. If you have a problem with something another poster wrote, it helps if you post it.

24. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
  25. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Actually. The way it played out there was like a 15 minute window after they signed Wilson, and then Kenny was traded, that Mason could have snuck in the side window, before Fields was brought in the front door.

Without Fields, I think Mason is on the roster after Kenny bolts.

It would have been a tough choice For Mason as both places offer him a chance to start by week 6 if things go bad. Do you want to go back to Pittsburgh with a QB that might be over the hill, or go to Tennessee with a young QB that may be a flash in the pan?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    • Like Like x 1