1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

RB's

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jan 20, 2013.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    do you think we will keep redman and dwyer? will we only keep one of the two? will batch fit in this decision? :cool:

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    they will tender both then if somebody want redmann we will see if we can match the offer (not likely)

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    which would you keep if they only tender one?:cool:

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think the more important question is: where has PWP gone?

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Waiting until everyone has forgotten about his 6-7 ypc prediction for Redman.

6. bettisfan

bettisfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we'll keep them both and draft a 6-7 th rounder. Pittsburgh is really good at drafting the "unknown" type of player that develops into a stud. There's gonna be some sleepers out there for the picking. They usually go with some small school kid that has been watched from grade school up through college and then BAM we have a 6th round total package.

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah it would be great if we could find a UDFA Arian Foster type guy or a 3rd round Ray Rice type of guy....

Good riddance to Mendenhall. I hope he signs a big contract somewhere so we get a good compensation pick next year.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    how high do we tender them? do we have the money for both?:cool:

9. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    since you mentioned mendenhall and a big contract, who comes to mind to pick him up? if the market is low enough do we resign him? not sure i want him back, but he's could be the best on the market.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not so sure we deal with to many FA's. low tier maybe. as i said before we may see more UDFA's in here for next year, til the cap goes up. lewis would be one to keep, but not break the bank on.:cool:

11. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    greene hasn't impressed in new york and is a free agent, they may want mendy. not sure there's a real demand for someone like mendy anywhere really.

12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    N.y. is definitely a possibility for mendy.... indy also, along with jacksonville if mjd makes too high a salary request.... the rams are ready to put stephen jackson out to pasture, and don't ever count out arizona

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    arizona was my first thought too. why not, he already knows that system.:cool:

14. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't get why everyone is always hating on Mendenhall. He's easily the best RB on the team.

15. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is his Twitter. :lolol:

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he's not on the team, he's a free agent.:cool:

17. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

If he ran with more conviction i'd be inclined to agree with you, but the hits are taking a toll and it shows in his running style..... he's quickly becoming the tippy toe bandit

18. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Dwyer and Batch seem too similar of players, maybe you can throw Redman in there too, one should probably go.

Problem is we really don't know what we have because the offensive line was a mess this year...no push whatsoever in the run game.

Redman against the Bronco's in the playoffs looked like someone who could be a feature powerback. Last year he looked inconsistent. Where does the truth lie?

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I like Redman and Dwyer Mac. and Batch ain't too bad either. I'm 99.9% sure Mendy will not be here come March I want us to get two young QB's. draft two late or pick up a 2nd or 3rd. Or if #8 comes on the block. You were right on him. We should have kept him

20. SpeedyMikeWallace

Oct 18, 2011
    I blame the Oline, mostly. If there's a hole to be found, he hits it just as hard as Redman and Dwyer. If there isn't, he tries to make something out of it aka dancing.

Mendenhall dancing for 2 yards and Redman/Dwyer bullrushing the LOS for 2 yards, there isn't any difference between them other than style. Besides, Mendenhall has the ability to bounce it outside for a big gain far more often than Redman and Dwyer.

21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Quote Da
    Redman against the Bronco's in the playoffs looked like someone who could be a feature powerback. Last year he looked inconsistent. Where does the truth lie?

Agree Redman could be Bettis like

22. SpeedyMikeWallace

Oct 18, 2011
    The truth lies in the past year. Neither Dwyer or Redman proved they're capable of delivering consistently over a full season. You know who has? The one you all want to see leave. :lolol: :facepalm:

23. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    He checked out on the team. He is as good as gone. Maybe some of the "me first" players really don't care what he did, but I'm sure past leaders like Bettis, Farrior, and Peezy would have put him in check real quick. They don't want to go into a game with someone who is not all in.

24. SpeedyMikeWallace

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't care if he's "me first" or all about the team. He's never caused any problems for the organization.

All I care about, as long as he isn't being convicted of crimes, is how well he runs with a football in his hands. And I'm certainly not willing to send him away in favor of inferior talent just because they're not "me first".

25. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Green Bay would be my guess as they have nothing like him on their roster. Not sure if they have the cap space though. Someone else mentioned NYJ, and I think that could work, as well as Arizona (of course!) Heck, maybe even Cincinnati would pick him up to replace the Law Firm.