1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So....who are we rooting against in the SB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Romans5:8, Jan 20, 2013.

1. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm rooting for the Niners. Can't stand the thought of Ed Reed, Terrell Thuggs, Ray Ray, Flacco or JOHN Hairball pawing the Lombardi. They are, to put it simply, an arrogant team that showed us absolutely no respect this year and I will not root for our arch rival! Can't stand the Hairball smirk, or the Ray Ray dance, or Flacco's cadence, or Thuggs', well, his TEETH! Or his attitude for that matter! Maybe if the Niners win, that will provide some extra motivation to go after number 7!

3. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry :) I guess I assumed that most of us were looking at the SB as a "lesser of two evils" scenario. That's why I entitled the thread that way.

4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    And, as I mentioned, this game is for the NFL championship, which existed long before the Super Bowl.

Counting those, the Packers have 13, the Bears have 9, the Giants have 8.

So, the Niners reaching 6 too - big whoop. Extend your memories a bit folks, and a team tying us for 4th place all time for NFL titles is a small price to pay for the Ravens' Super Bowl dreams ending in agony.

5. jimmyallen45

Jan 1, 2012
    Well, I have a huge problem with them winning. Come on 12, you are an old hand. Did you want the Oilers to go on and win the Super Bowl in 1980 after the Steelers failed to make the playoffs that season?

No, when the history of this recent era is written, I want everyone to look back and say that the Steelers won Super Bowls, and the Ravens fell short, just as we can say it about the late 70s Oilers.

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm on the fence for this one.. I don't want the 49ers to match us with rings, but at the same time I don't want FlakeO to win a ring, Woodley said he would never win one so I bet FlakeO is just foaming at the mouth waiting to rub it in. Maybe the dome will cave in and they'll call it a tie. Almost got my wish, Falcons and rats, but the falcons had to choke.:noose:

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Same here! I always wanted Moon to choke, and I will always want Flacco to choke. Period.

It won't happen, but hoping for the Ravens to get blown out will help make this SB tolerable.

8. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope the 49ers beat the snot out of 'em..

9. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    No rooting here... just enjoying the commercials- halftime along friends drinks & food in rememberance of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Falcons were not going to win the SB no matter if it was the PATs or Ravens... They are a soft team. They played strong in the playoffs because they were at home. They would have gotten trounced if they had to go on the road...

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, can't root for either but can hope for a Raven beat down :ratssuck: Does anyone really want to hear Suggs spout off about us the way he did NE? Yeah he went on to say some complimentary things but got his jabs in. No thanks.

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    let's took this way to find a little breath room to watch that damned sb
    if the 49ers win we can say :ah ha rats and flacco you cocked again you couldn't give ray his last dream ... (very bad for them and little good for us )
    if the rats win we can say : ah ah rats thanx a lot for your effort to give ray his dream you left us on the top number sb in the world , we didn't have too much faith but you did it for us thanx again ( little bad for them , and little good for us )
    trying to stomach a possible rats win is difficult , at this point i'm huge 49ers fan

13. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    After the Steelers attained their 6th Lombardi Trophey, I vowed that I could NEVER root for Dallas or San Fran to win the big game again (unless we had 7). This was all before Flacco tossed a deep "desperation" hail mary-arcing pop fly against an out of position Denver defense from deep in there own territory, with a mere 1 min-30 secs to go in the game, and no timeouts. By the way, I'm still in denial.

In conclusion, that playoff hail mary essentially sent the Ravens to this upcoming SuperBowl against San Fran. Then again, this is the NFL -and a win is in fact a win. With that said, I'm now going back on my vow. I mean after seeing how moldy the Ravens got just to play in this years AFC Championship game in the first place, their is no possible way I can root for them. Not to mention the fact that I already despise all things Ravens. After San Fran hopefully prevails, I'd rather suffer with a bittersweet feeling than leaning over my toilet to regergitate.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I really dont care but will lean the niners way, and since both coaches send their game plans to their Dad every week, whats to say one of them doesnt get a peek at the other ones game plan????

15. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    sb loser

Good point. Better to see SF tie us temporarily and for Ravens to fail.

16. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Im going for The 9ers... It's ok if they match us with 6 as long as we get 7 & 8

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  18. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

most of those past championships aren't even comparable to todays championships.. back then you had less than 10 teams, and in some cases if you finished first over all you won the championship, there wasn't a final 2 duke it out, like in the new era where Pitts holds the most rings. it's a hell of a lot tougher in a 32 team league, than a 6

19. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love this post and I agree with every single word. GO SAN FRAN!

20. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well said!!! I wanted ATL to win so as to protect our 6 SB record, but it didn't happen. When forced to look at the results of a Rats SB win and a SF SB win, the lesser evil is a SF win by far! I can't support my mortal enemy. GO SAN FRAN!

21. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm rooting that the Mayans got their dates wrong..lol

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    LOL. I rooted for that yesterday, but well...we know how that turned out.

23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I almost thought that I caught myself rooting for the Rats last night against the Cheaters but then quickly realized that my mind must have been overcome by flu like symptoms elevated by a total widthdrawl from Steelers football. I MUST MAKE IT STOP IMMEDIATELY or seek a doctor pronto.

Go 9ers. I just wish the coach would take a flying leap off the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm certain that the team could win without him anyways.

24. jimmyallen45

Jan 1, 2012
    Not disagreeing - but

those championships still count. Just go to Green Bay and ask them.

in those days, there were no wild card teams either, and there were no multiple rounds of playoffs. The teams with the two best records met for the title, which was not played at a neutral site either. Only in the very first years of the league was there no title game.

And speaking of the Packers, if there had been Super Bowls with the AFL in the 1961, 1962 and 1965 seasons, you could have added 3 more Super bowl wins to their championship total, no problem.

Look, this is the Ravens for heaven's sake. The deadly rival. The descendant of the original Browns. How could you want anything but the absolute worst for that franchise? Do you know any Ravens fans? Do you ever read what they write about the Steelers and their fans?

D'oh! this is a no brainer folks.

25. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

At the end of the day, my six-time superbowl champions hat is still good. I hate the rats, no way am I rooting for them...wonder what Bane from Batman is doing.