1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

So Kuntz is lying?

So, Kenny quit on the team?

You're sure the Steelers didn't want Fields all along and made it happen?

"Khan artist!" says the crowd. He's amazing!

He got more for that malcontent Pickett then those great guys in Chicago did for Fields. Khan is a wizard!

I guess the Eagles are chumps for taking Kenny Pickett. They wouldn't know a good backup quarterback if he bit them on the leg. Yeah, what do they know about backups?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

After Russell Wilson released a hype video about him coming to the Steelers to win. Quarterbacks that are backups or competing for a job don't post hype videos.

Russell Wilson was told he was going to be the starter. Just like he is now with Fields coming in.

There wasn't going to be a competition. The job was handed to Wilson.

Pickett never got a shot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Wilson was actually told there would be a competition but that in OTA he would get the first team snaps first nothing more

Kenny was told that and he tucked tail and ran

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I don't believe that. I don't think most NFL people really believe that Wilson was handed the job or he wouldn't be here.

Fields has more experience than Pickett. Why has Wilson already been named the starter now if Pickett was going to get a chance? Why wouldn't Fields get a chance?

It doesn't pass the smell test to me. Wilson doesn't take a dump without a plan. He doesn't take questions unless he already knows the answers. That's just who he is. He wouldn't come here if he wasn't going to be the starter IMO.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure you stick to that conspiracy theory

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s simple really. Kenny’s feelings were hurt during Mason’s hot streak at the end of the season and he’d never gotten over that when Wilson was signed. He requested/demanded a trade and said it was “time for a change” and that he needed a “re-set” after only two seasons in Pittsburgh! Nothing more or less complicated than that. For whatever reason, Kenny felt entitled. He wasn’t.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    But that doesn’t make a good conspiracy and an opportunity to bash the team

Some people prefer the latter

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I don't do conspiracy theories. I understand how the league works.

You don't really know what happened either. There is so much disinformation.

Why not address my questions instead of saying what I believe is a conspiracy theory?

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Because I understand how the league works and particularly the Steelers

10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Just an FYI- When you say "you don't know what happened either", you are admitting you don't know what happened, but are willing to defend your version of it to the death.

11. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    These are the facts. Pickett is gone time to move on

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pickett requested the trade because he didn’t want to compete with Russell Wilson. If you don’t want to compete internally to win the job, how can we expect you to compete externally to win the game?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Pickett requested the trade because he was told there was never going to be a real competition.

They went back on what they previously said.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Running away is all you need? Or lying? You have done a bit of both.

Rudolph did get his shot. He got more than one, but in 2022, Trubisky beat him out. Of the three quarterbacks, Rudolph had the worst numbers. Look it up. That is a fact you run from because you know I'm right.

You are drawing an equivalence between signing Mitchell Trubisky and Russell Wilson. Even you should know those are not the same. There is no hypocrisy in my argument. You know this, but you are lying for the sake of taking a shot at me. Do better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Pickett? He plays for the Eagles. Lets deal with the Steelers, from now on.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Neither did Pickett, but you have bought into the nonsense that you want to believe.

17. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Rudolph wasn’t given a fair shot in 2022. He showed up and competed and outplayed Trubisky. When anyone stated how well Mason played Tomlin only replied he looked like a varsity player in a JV game. As well as Mason played he never took snaps with the 1’s. First team snaps were given to Trubisky (as he was gifted the starting job) with a few going to Kenny Pickett. Laughably fans ridiculed Mason for playing against “scrubs”. While that may have been true, everyone neglected the fact that he did it playing with scrubs. My point being Kenny was given every opportunity to be successful whether it be with Canada or not. Matt Canada didn’t help matters, but Kenny didn’t help himself on the field either. Mason on the other hand was never given a fair shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Cam Heyward says Kenny Pickett never quit on the team last season.

These have just as much credibility as anything you have read or heard.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/k...-by-steelers-that-russell-wilson-would-start/

https://atozsports.com/pittsburgh/steelers-trade-kenny-pickett-mike-tomlin-betrayed/

Nobody knows 100 percent of everything in this. Do you know what Tomlin said to Kenny Picket? Were you in the room?

Did the Bears trade Fields to the Steelers for less because they're nice people or because they simply didn't any good offers?

Don't tell me you know. You don't know. You just choose to believe a narrative given to you.

Nobody was in the room when these conversations and events occurred. It is all second and third hand knowledge.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Nobody knows 100 percent of everything in this. Do you know what Tomlin said to Kenny Picket? Were you in the room?

Don't tell me you know. You don't know. You just choose to believe a narrative given to you.

Nobody was in the room when these conversations and events occurred. It is all second and third hand knowledge.

See now you are catching on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Here's what I know 100%-
    The Steelers signed Russel Wilson.
    The Steelers traded Kenny Pickett at his request.
    The Steelers traded for Justin Fields, also at his request.
    Russel Wilson and Justin Fields are Pittsburgh Steelers, and I will root for them to do well.
    Kenny Pickett is an Eagle, and I hope he does well, unless they are playing the Steelers. I hold him no ill will, any more than Dionte Johnson.

This whole Tomlin/Khan lied crap is just 32 pages of people airing their grievances against Tomlin and having personal battles with each other.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Did Kenny ask for a trade because he wasn’t going to be QB1 until he earned it? YES!

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    All signs point that way even his own words

But some people still claim a man never walked on the moon

So take them with a grain of salt

23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes he did. He behaved like a bratty child who didn't get his way at the end of the season and that continued right up until the time he stomped his feet and got his way when he requested/demanded a trade. Mason had his ball and Kenny wanted it back and then they bring in Russ and Kenny was afraid that Russ was going to take his ball like Mason did last season. I'm sorry you don't recognize someone who has a sense of unearned entitlement when it's obvious to most.

24. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

this is how simple I think it really is.

he acted like a petulant child - started in December, ended in March!

Tomlin made the right decisions in December and Jan (it saved his neck , too) last year and Kenny's little ego could not handle it. Nor could it handle the Wilson signing.

Good riddance to that child.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, he did not outplay Trubisky. Look at the preseason statistics from 2022. Trubisky's numbers were better.

Also, he was a varsity player competing against the JV. He had starting experience, but he was in there against third and fourth-string players in the preseason. He should have been the best player on the field. I know you and one or two other posters refuse to acknowledge that it is an advantage to play against backups, but it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.