1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens Patriots game thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely. Contrast Bellicheat's response to Mike Tomlin's after the Super Bowl defeat.

2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :lolol::lolol::roflmao::roflmao::applaud::applaud: thats funny

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and I got to watch Super Bowl 13 on NFL Network a few years ago and they were talking about then how Tom Landry was always gracious in defeat as well. Although he really should've been used to it. LOL. But still Belichik should've came out and said something. They made a big deal out of it when he didn't shake Coughlin's hand in the first SB they lost to them but he did actually wave at him as he was leaving the field. Maybe it's because Belichik comes from the Parcells tree. Holmgren said that when he beat Parcells and was being carried off that Parcells just gave him a nod and told him to enjoy it and that he didn't take it personally that he didn't get a handshake. Maybe Harbaugh feels the same or maybe Bill was afraid that John would do like little brother and smack his back really hard. LOL.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

LOL! BFT, sure know how to make a guy feel old. I got to watch Super Bowl XIII when it was actually going on back in 1979. The NFL Network was not even a gleam in anyone's eye at that time. Shoot, ESPN didn't even come around until a few years after that. And by the way, Tom Landry was ALWAYS a class act!

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I know I make people feel old but don't worry now that I'm 31 and my little boy is 2 in a few years he'll be saying things like "what is a home phone?" or "what are rabbit ears?" and I will join your crowd. LOLOLOL!

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    BTW Super Bowl 13 was the greatest one ever too.

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I feel even older because I remember the 1975 Super Bowl.

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Heck, I was AT that game. Talk about feeling old. I was only ten, and so I was also very lucky. (Went to SB XIV the following year, too.) True story: the Pro Bowl was held in L.A. that year, so all of the Steelers Pro Bowlers were on our flight from Miami to LAX. This was a the morning after the game, and if you looked at them, you never would have thought these guys had just won the Super Bowl the night before.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That is SO super cool! How much was your ticket then? I've heard that for Super Bowl 1 you could literally walk right up before the game and buy a ticket. That's absolutely unbelievable by today's standards! In 08 I tried to go the SB and the cheapest ticket I found was for $1000 but the guy sold it not long before I got a hold of him! I was gonna use some of my time I have at my Disney TimeShare and then drive the rest of the way to Miami so really the only thing it would've cost me was gas and the ticket and a little food. But it was not meant to be. I still kick myself for not going to the bank and just getting a loan to buy a ticket. That's so awesome that you were there at the greatest game of all the Super Bowls. Lucky DOG!