1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Da, you have an experienced accomplished veteran compared to
    a 2 year experienced QB with a bad OC/ play caller. I am done discussing
    KP/ MR they are no longer PGH Steelers. I only care about Steelers
    And how they can win world championships!

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is why I don’t get hung up on players getting promised a certain amount of playing time. Things change. I don’t blame the Steelers for going out and trying to improve the team and how that made Kenny feel. I also don’t blame Pickett for wanting a trade. All I want is what’s best for the team and if some feelings get hurt along the way oh well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I think the Steelers wanted to give Pickett another shot. Sure they’ll say Wilson is the starter, but if he sucks in camp and Pickett balls out, then the job likely goes to Pickett.

The fact that Pickett was mopey after the Steelers stuck with the hot hand in Rudolph and then got mopey again after they signed Wilson, forced their hand. Pickett comes across as immature and entitled, despite the fact the guy has been mediocre at best. He doesn’t have the kind of track record where he can play the diva card, but he tried anyway.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That's how I am treating him? Because my opinion is that he has behaved like an entitled brat beginning when Mason caught fire the end of last year? Again, I'm basing my opinion on HIS words and actions. We've heard his words. The curt and abrasive "NO!" when asked if had learned ANYTHING from the sidelines as if to say "how dare you ask your QB1 if I could ever learn anything from the scrub, Mason Rudolph!". And his subsequent comments that "if I had been healthy I would have played because I am the firmly entrenched QB1 of this team!". And then his departure from Pittsburgh appears to be that he did not want to compete against a 35 year old QB for the starting job that he felt that he was entitled to. Canceling his session with the receivers after the Steelers announced that they were signing Russell to a one year "prove it" contract basically. Now he's been traded to an Eagles team where the QB1 is young and firmly entrenched so it's likely that he'll be holding a clipboard for the next few seasons. And then he says goodbye to Pittsburgh without any mention of the Steelers organization at all, one of the most historic and well respected organizations in all of football because he got his feelings hurt because the team knew it had to get better at the QB position. Maybe that getting better would have included Kenny improving under a new OC, but now we'll never know because he and his agent decided that it was better to tuck tail and run than to stay and fight. I don't doubt that Tomlin may have mishandled Kenny's situation, but he also mishandled Mason's and he handled it like a pro. The evidence is there, Blast, whether you decide to acknowledge it or not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    What do you mean you could have attacked Rudolph as a person based on the Garrett accusation? Surely you are not saying that you believe that lying, race baiting fool!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Eagles are that next chapter. I think the "Go Birds" makes a little more sense if you keep in mind that Pickett grew up an Eagles fan.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There is a lot of fiction based loosely on reality, especially the bit about tucking tail and running. The Steelers have done a very good job of manipulating the fanbase with leaks, and people were already prepared to turn on Pickett because he disappointed us last season.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Mopey? He answered one question in a way people didn't like and people created a whole narrative around it.

9. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Not buying it. The Steelers have better things to do than to leak untrue information to the fanbase to turn them against a particular player. I think Rooney and the organization have more class than that.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The leak came from the team or the agent. It doesn't do Pickett any good, but it does help the team make Pickett a scapegoat.

11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Who knows, I'm not an insider and neither are you. All I know is that based on Kenny's behavior and comments at the end of the season it's not a stretch for me to believe that he got his feelings hurt when the Steelers brought in Wilson to compete for the starting job.

It's sad really. I had such high hopes for Kenny when he first came in and spent the first year defending him and blaming Canada for everything. Even started this past season doing that until I started really paying attention to Kenny's deficiencies on the field. It's just been somewhat bizarre to me that, based on his performance, he seemed to have this sense of entitlement to the QB1 role for the Steelers. He'd done nothing to earn it at this point so why did he feel he's entitled to it and didn't need to continue to grind every day and perform "in stadium" to earn the spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011

You might be surprised most of us are aware of that

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What behavior? What did he say or do at the end of last season? He gave a snippy answer to the question about learning while watching. That's it. The rest is speculation, some of which has been largely debunked.

Was he out of line to expect to at least compete for the job? He was told Wilson would be getting the first-team reps. Does that sound like they were going to give him a legitimate shot to compete for the job?

I don't need to be an insider to look at the information available and make logical conclusions regarding who is leaking information and why they are doing it.

14. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    So Pickett cried and washed to be our #1...... but he went to sitting behind hurts?

Is Pickett saying he's more afraid of wilson holding the job than hurts?

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Doesn't make sense, does it? It's funny to me how many have fallen for that narrative.

Also, at the very least, your post assumes he asked to be traded to the Eagles. That isn't what the anonymous sources in the reports said. They just reported that he asked for a trade, but not to where.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Is there evidence that KP refused to dress for a game? That’s been a narrative, but I have not see verification.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Damn… that’s harsh, but I had to laugh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    So, you don't believe anything about Kenny's behavior unless it fits your narrative? You just can't believe the "speculation" that Kenny and his agent asked for a trade because they brought Russ Wilson and that he canceled a planned working session with this receivers when Wilson's signing was announced, but you believe unequivocally that he was absolutely told that Russ was getting first team reps. How do you know that? How do you know that he just didn't want to compete with Wilson because he should be the unquestioned starter?

Kenny was an entitled brat. I really hate to say that and to believe that, but the evidence is just too compelling to believe otherwise. And to add to that, have you heard any of his teammates come out in strong support of Kenny? No. But we did hear teammates, both offensive and defensive, come out in support of Mason. And from what I'm hearing and reading, Cam, TJ and Minkah all played a role in convincing Russell Wilson to sign with the Steelers. If they were huge believers in Kenny, would they have lobbied so forcefully for someone like Wilson?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    First of all, wall of text, holy crap.

Oh the horror, he answered with a curt “no” to a question, are you sure you’ll be ok Jack? How traumatizing that must have been for you. I mean Im sure he learned the secrets to the universal in those 60 minutes. :rolleyes:

Now you’re just making crap up? By all reports, Rudolph and Pickett are good friends so Im sure he doesn’t think of Rudolph as a scrub. Never saw that other quote, sounds like you’re doing some embellishing there but news flash, Jack, when you start all year you generally are expected to get your job back after an injury especially playing for Tomlin, its a well known fact he doesn’t believe in players losing their job due to injury.

It is hysterical that with the way you get worked up on this board that you think you’d take everything Pickett has been through in stride and show no emotions. Seriously man??? I’d love to see you answering question when your emotions are running high :lolol:

21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We never saw Pickett with a real OC like Arthur Smith. Pickett in the right system... could be on the level of Alex Smith, Sam Darnold, Geno Smith, etc.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No and there is a report by DK that breaks down how that all unfolded.

And then, don’t remember if DK touched on it or not but apparently the only way for him to have dressed was to get a shot which the trainers advised against so Kenny opted not to.

23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree! Tomlin doesn't believe in players losing their job due to injury and that's not why Pickett lost his job. He lost his job because he played like CRAP and Mason actually showed all of us what the offense was capable of with competent quarterback play.

And I don't get worked up...I'm actually holding back. ;):lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

What an entitled little baby, little beyotch! :tease:

25. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Also, when he talks about his time in Pittsburgh, he never mentions the Steelers or any particular player on the team or coaches. He's probably just reminiscing about being BMOC at Pitt and cheerleader (um, mods, Imma be needing a cat emoji, please).

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.