1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Now compare the two. Pickett is definitely harboring some hard feelings towards the Steelers and probably his teammates, too.

I mean I don’t care, doesn’t bother me, I dont have PDS, its just something I noticed.

2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    1000%

The first thing I noticed is that Pickett didnt mention his teammates or the Steelers organization.

He thanked Pittsburgh for the 7 years and mentioned the Eagles are the reason he plays football.

It doesn't matter to me, but it certainly adds credence to things being said about his attitude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    don’t thanks us, just be ready to ball out. Old man Wilson doesn’t have long

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Patrick Peterson, Alan Robinson,

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You really should stop trying to read people's minds. You suck at it.

It would also help if you stopped making things up. Your fiction is not helpful, nor is it particularly interesting.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Run away, liar. It's all you've got in this one.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The stories coming out about Pickett are dubious at best. I still don't understand why any of you would trust leaks from the team as it tries to use him as a scapegoat. Also, did he really play a part in keeping Canada, or was he just saying the right things because that's who the team stuck him with?

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's funny stuff. The comments on the Tweet are even funnier. He's an Eagle now. Why should he not say something positive about his new team? Remember, it is also the team he rooted for as a kid. I see nothing wrong in his farewell, but some folks have an odd need to see him as a villain.

9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    So, you're suggesting that KP was not a problem at all, they "gave" him away because Khan believes that JF is that much better?

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Me? You think I’m trying to make Pickett out to be a villiain? Are you high this morning, scribe?

No, Im suggesting all this drama people are clinging to probably played no part in any of what has happened. I’m saying Khan probably had a deal with the Bears in place and had to move Kenny at that point. There was no way they could keep Kenny once Fields was brought in.

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I used to think it was all Canada too, but it was definitely not all Canada. Had Rudolph started the season, that offense would have operated much more effectively, even with Canada calling the plays.

12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep…Fields is an humble hard working young man rooted in the reality that he has a long way to go to achieve his dream of becoming a franchise NFL quarterback and is appreciative of the team that gave him an opportunity to do so even though it didn’t work out. Kenny is coming across as an entitled brat who thinks the Steelers owe him something even though he’s done absolutely nothing to entrench himself as the established starting quarterback of the Steelers.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Rudolph should have been inserted in Picketts first season after Trubisky proved to be a flop. Pickett sitting was always the plan for his first season, no QB in that draft class was ready to play. Picketts development has been mishandled from the beginning. From thrusting him into the lineup to saddling him with a joke of an OC to not having the line solid. Two concussions in his first season didnt help, I feel he has definitely been seeing ghosts because of his head injuries.

I don’t think Tomlin has a clue as how to develop QB’s, he was handed a HOF QB and hasnt been something he has ever had to do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe Kenny is immature but holy **** youd think he was Jeffery Dhamer listening to some of you. I just dont get it, I was hard on Rudolph but never attacked him as a person and surely could have. The Garrett accusation and also at the end of the previous season when he threw shade at the Steelers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Big difference in entitled brat and serial killing cannibal, Blast. And you think I’m prone to hyperbole! :roflmao:

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think some of what you wrote about his post was off, so I'm not sure where you were going with that. There are definitely plenty of others here trying to make him out to be a villain. You would think he was Zach Wilson the way people are posting about him.

17. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

There were clearly more teams than two interested, It could well be the other teams offered similair but Fields didn't want to go there, the Bears spoke of doing right by Fields so they clearely weren't going to send him somewhere he didn't want to go.

18. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I really can’t wait until summer camp and the season starts so this discussion ends. However, I will continue to add to it while it is still so fresh and shocking from the norm.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if Fields said no to going to the Eagles, Hurts has a long-term deal there, the Steelers don't have their franchise guy at QB it's a better opportunity.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers seem to be in win now mode, once Wilson became available things changed with Pickett for them, it doesn't sound like his teammates were all in with Pickett going into this season.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yet thats how you are treating him. The vitriol being directed at him on social media is insane, haven’t seen the fan base this upset since Tommy Gun.

Says a lot more about them than Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. Outside of Minkah, no one really came to his defense and then even Minkah switched gears once Wilson got there.

• Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Then you have what Art ll said after the season about being tired of not winning in the playoffs, they seem to be more aggressive in making moves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep - Pickett sucked, and Canada did not help. I said game after game that Kenny MISSED plays ALL GAME LONG.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Just making an observation. No mention of the Steelers or his teammates and have never seen someone say go Birds (or insert whatever team) before. Just have seen people write “excited for this next chapter”, things like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.