1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I almost forgot

We signed a bald punter

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Freaking Hypocrite

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hypocrite ^^^^^^^

4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Damn man, be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No biggie, but I appreciate it.:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It maybe true, but I don't trust her anyway. Browns fan. LoL

7. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I agree Tomlin f'd it up. I can't wait until we move on from him. I truly hope no extension and they let him show us what he can do this year. Put up or shut up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Colbert and Tomlin were a disaster their final 3-4 years together.

9. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    I don’t think fans thought Terry was talented at the time

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    His younger brother is a WR at Rice, I wonder if he’s worth a late round pick in the draft? Their dad was a helluva receiver for at least a decade in the NFL

11. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

I already said I did.

Do you believe Pickett should just have been handed the job?

What do you think about the toughness of guy who doesn't want to compete? He quit as soon as he was faced with a challenge and cried when MR beat him out.

So you don't think a disgruntled ex 1st round pick skulking round the locker room isn't going to be a problem?

They'd seen enough, he had 24 starts and hadn't shown any progress, that's the thing here, even taking into account all the issues and MC being OC - at the end of season 2 he's made no more progress at all and looked like he'd lost confidence to boot, way too skittish in the pocket, and nowhere near accurate enough either.

He looked lost out there, I had high hopes after his first season and the late game heroics, but that promise never materialised.

No team in the NFL is going to come out publicly and say "Oh yeah we've lost faith in out young QB and we want to move on" that's just lousy strategy, judge teams by their actions not words.

I'm not really sure what your point is tbh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Talented absolutely

Erratic absolutely

The man had the strongest arm I ever saw

In a high school football game he overthrew a receiver………

By 72 yards

That is talent

• Like Like x 1
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Steelvision

Jun 28, 2022
    the fans wanted him gone, but Noll and the coaches had the foresight to hang on to him. With the way the Tomlin and co are acting so quickly and seemingly impulsively I think they let a guy like TB go. I don’t think they evaluated KP thoroughly - how were their evaluations skills with Canada and Trubisky? Anyway KP was upset, understandably, and they quickly got rid of him.

16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    After Bradshaw's first 2 seasons he had 19 TD's and an insanely bad 46 picks. If a QB did that now they would be out of the league.

17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We wont have to worry too much about Pickett. He will wash out of the league in a few years time and we will forget about him completely. Kenny threw a fit when he was told to back up Mason and didn't. He threw a fit and cancelled his workouts with his WR's the second Russ signed. He's not mentally tough enough to be a QB in the NFL. Sorry. He wanted the job handed to him for free. No hard work, no competition, no accountability. Screw him. We're better off without him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steelvision

Jun 28, 2022
    I hope you’re right, or I hope you end up being right.

I just have visions of the Steelers trading away or getting rid of Unitas, Dawson, Earl Morrall, and missing out on Marino, don’t want to see them make another mistake (for Tomlin’s sake this time)

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Tomlin sat down with him and told him he would have an opportunity to compete, and then totally reneges, how does that sit?

Tomlin was talking about football justice, but turns out it was all a lie.

20. Steelvision

Jun 28, 2022
    Tomlin never struck me as a straight shooter. Seemed like a bit of the bullshitter to me. From his unleash hell comments to his word vomit post game interviews

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    ‘good thing coaches did and kept him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Great football genes in that family.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fans love the soap opera crap. The beat writers have mostly come out looking like dog **** this offseason.

There’s nothing going on here other than Khan knew he was in play for Fields and moved Pickett. I bet you none of the stuff being reported is true. Just Khan doing his job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m disappointed with Kenny’s handling of the situation. It’s coming out now there was truth to him refusing to dress as the emergency QB. He stated in an interview defending himself that he wasn’t cleared to play and if he was he would be starting. I think that forced him to dress for the next game. Then we all saw the interview asking if he was learning anything from a different perspective watching Mason and he responded with a firm “No!” For the fact that he cancelled workouts with the WRs after it was confirmed Russell Wilson was signing is an exclamation on Pickett’s immaturity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I have to agree. Pickett's handling of all this really has me questioning his character and leadership qualities and dammit, this was something I just didn't see coming as this was something I felt was a strongsuit coming out of college. This aspect of him is far more damning than his attributes on the field; that stuff was at least correctable. To be a great leader, one must learn how to be a great follower, and Kenny failed miserably. And this completely sucks saying because of how grateful I am for what he done at Pitt.

Hopefully he learns how to follow and eventually lead when he joins the coaching ranks, because that's inevitably his career path.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.