1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That was my point yesterday as well that they are going off the rails to make this more palatable. He saw a situation that had little upside and asked for change.

2. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Can we not get a server that during a rush ,spins left and oh nvrmnd

3. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

Yes I do, although let's face it, he'd have lost, which is why he asked for a trade - and ended up on a team where he has NO SHOT to start, looks like his whining backfired to me.

Do you think he should have just been handed the job?

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    He did have a real shot at the job

It looked a lot like 24 starts in 2022 and 2023

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    This time next year kenny moves east more and plays for the
    New Jersey Generals

6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    So... Pickett saw that he can't compete against a 36 year old, and left the ring? And you think that's a justifiable behavior for an NFL QB?

If Pickett saw no "upside" in Pittsburgh after just two years then Steelers should be trading him. Where's the issue?

Steelers went out of their way to give Pickett what he wanted as soon as possible... taking two low round picks so quickly is to help Pickett get his wish. Pickett (and his supporters) should be ecstatic Steelers cave in to his demand so nicely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2024-3-16_14-38-14.jpeg

Steelers ****ed him and he decided a clean state was needed after being lied to and yes, he was lied to with a ton of smoke blown up his ass.

Doesn’t make sense that he “ran” from competition because he had to know he would likely end up in a worse spot. Some people don’t mind bending over and taking it, Pickett is obviously not one of them.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tissue?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    lied to? That’s a little harsh. Sometimes things change. The Steelers are trying to win championships. Sometimes a better option comes along and you have to reevaluate. As a fan I’m glad that they are doing everything they can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not buying what Aditi is selling.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The sooner Kenny learns that every team he will ever play for in the NFL will ALWAYS be looking to get better at QB the better off he will be. Especially if he is QB1!

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    People here have been dismissing her every word because “she’s a browns fan”, but now it’s gospel?

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Kenny was supposed to be QB1. They gave first team reps to Wilson, those reps should be Kennys.

There’s was no competition, others were right about that. Maybe had they been up front about that at the start and told Kenny he was still in their plans long term but wanted him to sit behind Wilson for a year he may have been better with it but I’m sure Pickett also was thinking about how they led Rudolph along.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Shes not the only one saying it. She even cited Schefter.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Never said anything about her being a Browns fan, thats just dumb.

16. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I do need to apologize for my snark to you and @S.T.D I broke the cardinal rule of posting after drinking. I'm my defense, I was just over reading the same ridiculous argument about Pickett and Rudolph over and over again.
    One would think that now that both are gone that conversation would go quiet but I know better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    What do they gain from it other than avoiding injury? Maybe if your last college performance stinks if you played, could be the other I guess.The old school in me says play the bowl game

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Seems easy to understand enough to me.

Tomlin: "Kenny's our guy. You're our starter and we have every faith in you. This will be your year to prove doubters wrong."

*Wilson becomes not only available, but incredibly cheap and eager to sign with Pittsburgh.*

Tomlin: "Look, I have my own job to worry about here. This guy is proven. You're not. Sure, we'll let you 'compete,' but let's be real. Wilson is the starter unless something major happens."

That's not lying.

Kenny didn't like the new reality in Pittsburgh and asked for a trade? Fine. I respect that. I don't think it'll work out for him. But stranger things have happened.

Edited to add: Holy @#$!. Did I just defend Tomlin?!?!?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015

Naah, keep it. You'll need it for wiping your lady parts.

20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    By all means, point to the post in which I wrote that Pickett got no chance. You can't because I didn't. if you don't understand my posts, please ask questions rather than making things up.

This isn't Mitchell Trubisky they were bringing in. It is Russell Wilson. Even past his prime, that is a big difference. How do you not understand that?

Regarding what happened in 2022, what I wrote was that Trubisky had a better career resume than Rudolph, which was true, and that Rudolph was the worst of the three quarterbacks in the preseason that season, which I backed up with statistics that prove my point. Tomlin gave Trubisky more time with the starters based on his resume. He even said he would consider their entire careers, not just what he saw in training camp and the preseason. You and I disagree on whether that made sense or not, but Rudolph also didn't outplay Trubisky or Pickett in the preseason. Unfortunately, Trubisky only got worse in his time as a Steeler. Maybe Rudolph would have been better in 2022. He was better than Trubisky in 2023, but with the advantages I have pointed out previously.

Now it is your narrative that is changing. You didn't believe Tomlin gave Rudolph a fair shot then, but now you want to buy into the false narrative that Pickett had a real shot to start over Wilson this season. We know from past experience that Tomlin is going to look at the entire resume, not just what he sees in camp and the preseason.

To put it more simply so even you can keep up, you are the one who is being a hypocrite. I didn't claim that Rudolph got a fair shot because Tomlin said so. I did it because Trubisky's resume before then was better and because Rudolph was the worst of the three quarterbacks in the preseason. It sucks that you feel the need to make stuff up just to attack me. Do better.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  21. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    McCaffrey being an exceptional talent is the big reason he turned out alright. He turns out alright either way.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's all fair, but Tomlin did change his story and I don't think Khan told the truth. If you have full faith in a young quarterback, you don't trade him for pennies on the dollar even if he does ask for it.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No. I think he should have had to compete for it. Once they signed Wilson, they should have been honest with him. He will compete, but Wilson has the advantage. In 2025, Wilson could be gone and he will get another shot. Once he asked for a trade, they should have said no. He's under contract. Show up and prove he deserves another chance. Instead, they let the inmates run the asylum.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is what they gain. Pickett was about to be a first-round pick. An injury could cost him that. It's not worth the risk for a game that can't win them anything. The bowl games outside the playoff have become more and more meaningless. Pickett knew that. So have plenty of others in his position.

25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I’m tired of Steelers FO giving into these guys.

Melvin Ingram, LeGarrette Blount, Diontae Johnson, Kenny Pickett, Antonio Brown.

The precedent has been set … don’t like your situation with the Steelers … You get what you want, you can force your way. Easy Peezy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.