1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    The Steelers have become a joke under HC Mike Tomlin and it's only going to get worse.

2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    No clue. It wasn't long but it was there. Sometimes sites won't work right if you have a VPN so I turned it off and tried again with the same result. This site works flawlessly with VPN

3. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    NFL - Not for Long.
    I'm disappointed with the move but only so much. They did get a return.

So, we are all in on a 36-year-old QB who is struggling to remain relevant.
    I am ok with that; I think he can compete.

For this offseason to get much more than a C, I'd have to see a WR and a Center (doesn't have to be a starter, worst case, just better depth than what we have.)
    And obviously a backup QB and a #3 QB.
    We got a punter, which shanky shank shank should have been gone long ago....
    A LB that I am very pleased with.
    A SS that may be dependable depth.

The extra picks could net a good haul in the draft.... need OT and C.... WR
    It could turn into an A offseason pretty easy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Actually it was down for an hour+, even TTF admitted that the Pickett trade melted a server. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Every boomer and Gen X is saying WTF is your major malfunction Pyle. Seriously every store is like this now us Gen Xers kept it together but after us its all she wrote. As Carlin said they walk around with a neutral zone swirlign around their head. I'm surprised half the younger kids today actually make it from their house to any destination. It's like a miracle when they do!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Tomlin hasn't been extended yet, right? If they don't extend him, this would be by far the best offseason I've ever followed. :)

7. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    The focus is all on Tomlin now. It's your team. It's YOUR job......for now.

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Hell, I raised my sons to be Steelers fans. Once they watched the Super Bowl where we beat Seattle that was it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This My Friend. This. Think about this. He left because He was afraid to battle for a backup position, and now He forsure is in a backup role. Maybe even 3rd string in Eagleville.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    LOL. Y'all are funny. At least the Steelers know how to manipulate a big chunk of their fan base.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You really buy the narrative that he was going to be given a real shot at the job this year once they signed Wilson. Wow.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly....quite a long time ago....that was what....27-28 years ago???

• Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    How do you figure he was afraid to battle for a backup job? He was going to be the backup after they signed Wilson. You're the one who has been insisting that the team has been full of crap in the past, saying there was a quarterback competition when there wasn't. Now you want to buy into the narrative the Steelers created through leaks that I'm certain came from the front office. He had surgery to rush back from injury and they didn't let him play when he was ready. Then they signed Wilson, spouting nonsense about competition when there likely wasn't going to be one.

Yes, Pickett made a mistake in asking for a trade, but the way y'all are buying into the narrative the Steelers are selling when you know they all lied about their faith in Pickett since the end of last season is amusing.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Oh how the narrative changes. The same guy who stated Multiple time that Mason got a fair shot over a Qb that was a number 1 draft pick, and a form number 1 draft pick FA brought in.... with both making way more than Him.....Yet now KFP had no chance. What a freaking Hypocrite You are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I got nothing to say to you right now Hypocrite.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Yep, me too. I was just posting when it happened.
    It triple posted thought my device froze up

17. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    I Figured that wasn't you posting yesterday.

18. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    The one thing I will say about this with respect to Tomlin is, is he honest? If he told Pickett that he and Wilson would compete, then changed after Wilson is signed and told Pickett Wilson was in the pole position and would get first team reps how do you trust anything the Coach ever says. Yes it would seem Pickett would become the backup particularly if Wilson shined in camp which I'm not sure how any QB doesn't do well in Camp anymore. So he goes to the Eagles as a backup probably because he felt he was lied to. James Harrison forced his way out after Tomlin promised him starting reps that never panned out so either Tomlin isn't honest, flip flopped or was told that Wilson would have to get first team reps, which one is it? Dumb move by Pickett but perhpas he just didn't trust his Head Coach anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Now you're sounding like KP. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    :smiley1:
    I don't wanna go to another site because of one hiccup here.
    I deleted the other 2 post but kept the one jeh liked just to keep my positive ratings
    :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This right there. Once you lose trust it's over. Life lesson.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Y'all really shouldn't try to read my mood. You suck at it.

I think it was a poor trade, but I'm actually more comfortable with them moving on now than I was a few weeks ago. They clearly don't think he's the guy, so at least they got something for him. I just think they would have been better off keeping him as a cheap backup and possible bridge guy next year while they look for their long-term answer. I also think they dropped the ball badly in how they handled his development. I hope they do better with the next guy.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Who is losing trust? Pickett? Of course. He's not an idiot.

Me? Nah. I never trusted them in the first place.

24. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022

Curious, who is "They"? Don't cop out and say the organization, who specifically?

25. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018

This wasn’t purgatory for KP. He stunk it up and is a diva as well.

I don’t feel sorry for Kenny at all. I think he’s a smug little prick. I also am tired of people saying he got a raw deal due to Canada. BUT, the fact is, Mason Rudolph played MUcH better in the same system. Kenny had his chances but just didn’t get it done. Hes a career backup and he won’t be a consistent starter ever again. And to be honest, with his arrogant attitude, I hope he’s out of football very soon.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.