1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Mac Jones is worse than Pickett. He has been around longer and he didn't get hurt. He just lost his job.

2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe, just maybe, the smart thing would have been to wait another week and let the guy cool off. We don't know what was said. We only have an anonymous report saying he asked to be traded. He hasn't said anything publicly.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That wasn't my thought. I was throwing out several of the most used in the 7 pages so far. Nothing about this is good in my opinion, not the season, not the off season, nothing. Been a week of disappointing Pittsburgh sports news, this just raises the water level.

Edit: This is what the fan base does, they lie to themselves so reality is easier to take. Claypool went from Mapletron to spoiled brat to immature tradebait in less than a year. Juju went from fan favorite to not a number one to immature assaulted of painted grass in 2 seasons. I don't often make predictions but I feel this season will be when Harris goes from average rb to draft bust and needs to be benched before Haloween and let walk in the off season.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Judging by the contract that MR signed he was looking for the best opportunity to start. A fresh start elsewhere + backing up a 2nd year QB makes more sense for his career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Mr. Negative....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    I’m so glad Art jr, Khan and Tomlin weren’t in charge in 73 when Terry was “throwing a hissy fit”

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The common belief last year was that Mason didn't get any interest from any other team and returned hat in hand to Pittsburgh. No one but Mason and his Agent know that for sure but there wasn't a better situation than he had in Pittsburgh. This go around he has better tape than getting brained by his own helmet so he would get a legit shot as a 2.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would be very happy for that. And always pulling for whoever is back there.

Hard to get excited about a 35 year old but whatever, just win.

Hopefully there is a "good" plan, not just throw spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks type of plan. I guess we'll see in a few years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    TB was actually talented. Pickett is simply lacking in mental and physical talent that can’t back up his hissy fits.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    This has been the best preseason in the last decade.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Pickett saw the writing on the wall, it doesn't sound like he had much support from the current players, TJ, Cam, and Minkah seemed to be all in on Wilson being the man at QB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This ain't your grandad's, I mean, this ain't your Dad's, I mean, this ain't the Steelers YOU remember!

Last year was insane compared to how the Steelers usually operate in the off-season. This one, in just days, has blown it out of the water. I almost feel like I have whiplash. Time will tell if it's for the better.

I do feel a little sorry for Kenny. I'm sure he feels he was never given a real chance here. But today's NFL doesn't have much patience and doesn't accept circumstances as mitigating factors. Still, if he wanted to start, Philly ain't the place to be.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Some of y'all are desperate to bury the guy, so much so that you are turning anonymous reports that he requested a trade into hissy fits. Maybe the team shouldn't overreact, which seems to be what happened here. They got so little in return, that it made more try to get things to cool down and use him as a cheap backup for two years, or perhaps even a bridge next year when Wilson is going to be 36 and a free agent.

Also, Bradshaw was a lot farther into his career before he even started to figure things out. Pickett doesn't have No. 1 overall pick talent, but he also wasn't surrounded by Hall of Fame talent the way Bradshaw was when he finally held on to the job for good.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
  15. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Glad the cry baby is gone.
    It was the time for him to step up and he chose to run from the challenge not run to the challenge.
    Obviously

• Like Like x 1
  16. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I said the line backing corps is awesome!

Queen Watt and Highsmith is a phenomenal group.

17. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    While I thought we reached for him and he will never be a legit #1 guy to give him up for nothing when all you have is soon to be 36 year old Russ?? I agree we should have waited longer and seen if cooler heads prevailed. We have no future QB on the roster so what is the plan?

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hard to pass too much judgment, when we don’t even know if we have the full story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Obviously the Pickett move stirred a lot of fans up. The board crashed yesterday for me. Anyone else lose it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    So now what. People telling me they wil sign Tannehill . Does this even make sense to have two starting QBs. Would they even do this? Where are they going to get a a QB in the draft with #20 pick.

21. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Interesting to watch this QB strategy unfold. Bo Nix and/or Penix might be available at 20 but my guess is we reach for Jordan Travis in the third round.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Common yes

Still not right in my opinion

23. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Everyone (not just the NFL teams but the fans too) knew that Canada was not NFL caliber...only the Steelers didn't think that during and after 2022....What a disaster

Pickett deserves a lot of blame and I was never confident in his long term future because of his low ceilling...I never thought he was going to be good enough....But the Steelers put him in a horrible situation like crazy and Tomlin deserves so much heat on this because of the Matt Canada situation

Bill Cowher has been criticized in the past for the way he handled his QBs pre-Ben, but it was never close to being bad as Tomlin in the last two years....At least Neil O'Donnell and Kordell had their moment...I agree that 1998 and 1999 were bad but not like that!

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Just tell her we ran out of letters and got lazy.

25. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    So you suck for 2 years and then don't want to compete for your job?

Ok then Kenny, bye bye.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.