1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    I will say is that KP never got a complete fair shot! Played in Canada's offense and still was 7-4, and that was against quality opponents last season (2nd season in the NFL). There was virtually no running game in any of those games! Most of his offensive supporting skill guys were all out at different times; DJ, Muth and Najee. Give the kid a fair shot, is all I'll say! The offensive line was also terrible during that stretch of games as well!Otherwise, this is an absolute waste of a first round pick (who's responsible for that?)!

I'm agreeing with you on "going sideways", in fact, I'll just say that it will be an absolute S Show! They are not addressing the real problem! The Head Coach! There are a TON of 9-8 teams in the league but none of them inherited the gold mine that Tomlin received from Cowher, of talent! Tomlin is the main problem! Lack of talent in the trenches (sans TJ Watt) is the biggest personnel issue. Don't believe me? What is our record when TJ does not play?

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t blame him for getting angry either. But use that as motivation to compete, not to manipulate your way out of town.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Manipulate your way out of town?!

How about potentially out of the league?! Who knows what could happen for Kenny at this point?! Given how Jalen Hurts dealt with Injury last season, it wouldn't shock me if Kenny started some games but unless something EXTREMELY CRAZY surfaces, Jalen Hurts is QB 1 of the Eagles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He would've been in a better spot to get playing time in Pittsburgh if Wilson struggled, he won't play with the Eagles unless Hurts gets injured.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If Wilson can produce stats for Pittsburgh like he did last year for Denver 26 TDs and 8 interceptions, I think the team will be good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    College players skip their bowl game every year, McCaffrey skipped his bowl game and he turned out alright.

7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I'm not much for McAfee, but whenever I have passed through all I've ever seen Hawk do is sit there with a close up on his mug while he smokes a cigar.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I wonder what is in his cigar, because he looks low key baked, lol!

AJ used to contribute more, but I think he smoked himself stupid now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Long ago they said they “were in talks”

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Still seems like they are selfishly crapping on the rest of the team who helped them get where they are

It is something I could not ethically do but that is just me I have high standards for myself

JMHO

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You don't need to score high on the wonderlic test to see the pattern of Tomlin's coaching tenure. He could have been a model player like Mason and Landry before him and still never got a level shot at being a legit starter it would always be the bottom of the **** slide to start with. In a similar situation I'd prefer not to have them lie to my face and go somewhere I know the score up front.

12. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    It’s gonna be an interesting interview with Tomlin when he’s asked about that press conference for sure!

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    If Kenny forces his hand out of Pittsburgh, it will prove to be a horrible career decision possibly even a career ending one. He's not going to be starting for the Eagles.

Honestly I'm relieved. I don't have to have false hope that he is going to start playing well. He was drafted in a year that was weak on QBs drafted based on need.

Oh well wash the hands and move on. Kenny will never be an NFL starting QB now. He might even be out of the league in 3 years.

He actually had a chance to start on this team eventually but pride got the best of him.

14. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Well he at least gets one more shot in Philly, and Steelers Depot just reported that Eagles wanted Pickett because they failed at getting Fields, which is pretty wild … Hurts led them to a Super Bowl? Maybe he will have a legit shot there?

15. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    no, Steelers needed to show MR a little appreciation after the way they treated him and the way he helped keep the season from being a total disaster.

Maybe offer him a nice deal from the start. No, I doubt they did.

16. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Can’t believe the Steelers are being this aggressive, signing Wilson, now this,

the safe Steelers way would’ve been resign MR and have him and KP battle it out in camp. Which I think would’ve produced a better offense and winning team.

what gives? Someone is being very impatient, is it Tomlin? Is he thinking about hanging them up? Or is it Rooney? Cam and TJ?

17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    According to DK's article today the Steelers didn't make an offer to Rudolph this off season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't buy the forced narrative. They could have told him to shut up and wait his turn. They chose to sell for pennies on the dollar rather than just use him as a cheap backup, or at least wait a few weeks to smooth things out.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why? Do you not realize it is what most players in his position do when their team is just in a regular bowl game rather than the playoff?

20. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I think the classic Colbert move would have been to hire Smith as OC and sign Tannehill as a back up to mentor Kenny … and if Kenny shat the bed this upcoming year they then move on from him.

It definitely is an impatient, win now, move.

I’m excited for Wilson at the same time though, but even so … the loss of DJ and no real Starting Center on the roster gives me a real uneasy feeling.

I would have felt better if we could have kept DJ and signed the Buffalo Center.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They were idiots. It is very common in recent years.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    After next season, at the very least, he would have been a cheap backup or bridge to their next guy.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Asking for a trade is throwing a hissy fit? Y'all crack me up.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He will most likely be worthless or expensive.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.