1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Mar 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Who really cares Glenn, guess he gen z or something....Just a damn Puzzy in my book

2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Tomlin needs to stay in his lane, dont even mention offense. The same Tomlin who signed Vick. Please MT leave the offense alone.

3. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    All you have to do is read between the lines .Do you really think they would have up and traded him less than a week later if he wasn't bellyaching.?? Come on, you are smarter than that.Getting rid of this guy WAS NOT what they were planning..I was a fan, I truly wanted it to work out with him, but if his skin is this thin,
    he can take his soft ass elsewhere

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Russ was a character issue in Denver. Many players didn’t like him

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If you don't know that, I'm not even sure why you are posting on a message board about football.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Too often, people say they are reading between the lines when they are making stuff up.

I don't doubt that he requested a trade, but I don't trust the sourcing on this. Remember, the Steelers have a vested interest in making this trade look good. They didn't get much. Letting it leak that Pickett somehow forced their hands makes them look good. Before you go giving them the benefit of the doubt, remember that Khan lied about his faith in Pickett when they got Wilson. No way in hell you trade a quarterback you took in the first round just two years ago for so little if you still have any faith in him at all.

7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This is why I said that he must've really thrown a fit. There was no reason to basically give him away unless he had become a problem.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I get the whole volunteers not hostages thing, but at some point they need to take a stand … we could have done better in terms of compensation for Kenny and DJ.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Pickett is an eagles fan (pictures of him growing up wearing the green jersey ) so I guess if he was going to be a back up anywhere it would be with the eagles

10. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I guess the highest rated QB in the draft that the Steelers will have a realistic shot at drafting will be Bo Nix, unless Omar The Dealmaker somehow trades up.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    You do not know that

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    In spirit of keeping this circus going, I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade with Titans and get Mason back. They will probably go for Fields who is just another version of Trubisky.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    exactly!!!

14. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    I definitely agree that getting rid of a round one pick only 2 years ago for so little in return sucks..I also believe the Steelers would try to twist things to make themselves not look foolish. But Kenny had really not proven much up to this point. Stuck in Canada 's offense didn't help, but it's not his right to be the starter, that has to be earned. They didn't just make this decision on a whim, I believe they were somewhat forced . Even at this stage of his career Russ is better in most aspects of the game..This move definitely leaves some questions for the future.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    You do not know that

Actually you are just wrong or they would have gotten more

16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Is this QB room clean out the first in the NFL history?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I dont think Kenny handled the signing of Russell Wilson very well, and it forced the Steelers to find a trade. I doubt it was part of the plan.

It says alot about his willingness to compete.

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The head coach doesn’t sign anyone. That’s the general manager’s job

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well if you’re going to call him a millennial you probably should know what one is?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  20. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Honestly, it's nice to see the organization making moves to improve the most important position on the team. If you don't have a QB, you need to keep looking. Khan and Tomlin did the right thing in stating they are onboard with Pickett and they believe in him and he is starter on the team next year, but he will have competition. They didn't lie to him. Well that competition came by way of a $1.2million dollar Russell Wilson (getting paid less than Pickett). He isn't the longterm option, it was a no brainer to sign him for that for 1 year. Pickett, could have beaten Wilson out in camp, and they could have cut him and lost nothing. Wilson wasnt making starter money and did not have a big contract over several years. Pickett probably complained and they sent him packing because they want someone looking to compete not be entitled to a job that he hasnt performed well in up until this point. Could have sat for a year behind a superbowl winner QB if he did not win the job and learned. Now he sits behind a hot up and coming QB with a big time contract...which is a worse situation for him. Ultimately, we need to find that franchise QB and Wilson is a good bridge with that salary.

21. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I truly believe we got the worse end on the DJ trade.

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    The Russel Wilson signing was not imho to give Kenny competition. They signed him to start and be QB1. Wilson wont hurt this team that is for sure but he is not the future obviously. We are officially still searching for our franchise QB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    They told Kenny they would bring in compensation, as per Mike’s season’s end press conference.

If they told Kenny they changed their mind and sign Wilson as the starter…they had to have known this would happen.

They should have had that conversation early enough to know if Rudolph should be resigned as the back up instead.

24. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019

• Informative Informative x 3
  25. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Exactly
    but he said and showed as much last year when he was on the sideline
    no will

the Philly fans are truly gonna fk him up

Thread Status: