1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Farewell Mason Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    U can't critique my post being about Rudolph Pickett & last yr, on a thread about MR & then call ME the message board police for fs sake... u just keep digging a deeper hole here...

2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

I guess Haters Gonna Hate

again - thank you Mason for saving our season in 2023 , altho you saved Tomlins neck and i was kind of looking fwd to the change....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. djetok

djetok Member

Jan 24, 2024
    It’s almost like Rudolph slept with his mom or something.

He’s off to Nashville, one of the hottest cities in the USA with no state income tax.

• Like Like x 1
  4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Judging by some of the things I've read on this message board, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    Never underestimate someone's desire to be right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    You keep saying that Mason has six years of NFL experience, but he has 13 starts and Pickett has 24 or so. We know even less about Mason than Pickett. In a what have you done for me lately league, Rudolph in fact had best rating of any qb in the league for last 4 games. Rudolph signed where he had best chance of starting. You have no idea what went in different negotiations. It makes sense Rudolph was only looking where he could potentially start. As far as Steelers go, he would be a fool to sign here. Scribe and Blast Furnace come off as two petty individuals who desperately want to be right after they publicly claimed not to expect too much out of Rudolph before the Cincinnati game. Rudolph proved them wrong so now the argument that they were right in their assessment because of the contract Rudolph signed, not knowing what went behind closed doors. Rudolph has shown he has potential to be a starter in the league in my opinion, more than Trubisky or Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We do need a 3rd RB. How is he at playing special teams?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It wasn’t bad compared to last offseason. He’s getting paid triple, and is solidly in the 2nd string QB pay range for 2024.

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Bungles are looking for some bandwagon fans this time of year. Hop on their train.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Haven't read all the posts, but just wanted to say I wish Mason well.

From being drafted and the move being criticized by the arguably best QB in franchise history to getting Ducked out of his job when said best QB went down for his other chance to come a few yrs later in a game where it rained the whole time to then sitting again and coming in last year to give us some hope.

Seemed like everything leading up to last year went wrong for the guy, but he stuck with it and hopefully gets some playing time for the Titans. I do not think he will do all that well and don't think he should have been given any future QB duties with Pittsburgh but he's been the consummate backup and has not been a hindrance anyway to the team or in the media. Personally I would have b!tched and moaned if I were him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, we don't know less about Rudolph than Pickett. We haven't seen Pickett on the open market. We have seen the entire league pass on Rudolph as even a second-stringer once, then nobody wanted him as anything but a cheap backup the second time around. The Titans are committed to Levis. Sure, he could fail, but I doubt that is an open competition in Tennessee. Look at how little money he got. That's cheap for a backup. This isn't some odd situation with the guy getting over $35 million not to play for another team like Wilson.

Why do you not understand that being six years in matters? Why is that so hard to grasp?

Yes, we know you think Rudolph has shown the potential to be a starter. Then again, you made the ludicrous claim that he had more upside than not only every free agent this offseason, but also every quarterback in the draft, so it is tough to take your opinion of him seriously.

11. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    But he wasn't originally signed as a backup but rather to potentially replace Ben. I get it he had several starts didn't do well in all of them and had some atrocious games but at the end he has a winning record. Geez, we kept a coach forever with just a winning record, ha!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    look Kenny is not <---- the guy. obviously the :steelflag: had no faith in Mason. SOOO let's get behind Super-bowl. winning QB.Russel Wilson make him feel welcome here make him positive he can win another SUPERBOWL.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    No

I don’t mean like the one Wilson just signed because that is what he wanted

I mean the one Mason just signed because that was all he could get

Big difference

And Bradshaw was better than Big Dumb

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Huh

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    You know even less about Mason than Pickett

Some of us are ahead of you on the bell curve

16. Tiggs99

Oct 30, 2019
    Bell curve of ignorance perhaps.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    he had six years to make his mark. He played well at the end of last season. But that’s about it

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tiggs99

Oct 30, 2019
    You are wrong above just like you were proven wrong time and again about Mason’s start last year and how he would perform. You have no frigging idea what offers he had before him. He went to a situation perfect for him. You are just a bitter wannabe scribe angry that his boy Pickett is considered a scrub and will be riding the bench.

19. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    he wont

20. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    OFCOURSE we know less about Rudolph than Pickett... Rudolph was never given starter reps for 2 yrs & 24 is almost twice as many incase your calculators broken... What Rudolph accomplished in those half as many without an entire offseason with starter reps is what makes him the better option... All of this is moot now but you've been wrong this entire time & are still arguing against the OBVIOUS evidence... It's like a psychological issue of needing to be right even in the face of such overwhelming opposition... I admire your tenacity regardless..

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Making millions of dollars for holding a clip board would definitely make me less b!tchy and moany that’s for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Darnold gets $10m and Rudolph gets $3m. Doesn’t seem right given recent performances.

23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I can envision a scenario where Rudolph balls out in Tenn, starting from game 5 on and leading them to a playoff win. Russ and Kenny both struggle and the Steelers miss the playoffs leaving the Steelers in a quarterback quandary.

Until…MASON RUDOLPH RE-SIGNS WITH THE STEELERS TO BE THEIR STARTING QB IN 2025!!! ;):lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Darnold has thrown 63 TDs

Mason had a couple of good game at the end of the season and three yes a total of three TDs in 4 games

Woo Hoo

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m appreciative of how Mason played last season, but let’s be real. He was just the best of the worst here.
    Are a handful of fans here right about Mason or are the 32 teams in the league?