1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dj traded

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    None of us knows what kind of negative impact the guy had in the locker room. Sometimes addition by subtraction goes along way. Yeah I get it the guy could get open but honestly for how much everyone talks about that I never saw the production that warranted all of the praise that goes his way. We will be more than fine without him.

• Like Like x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wish they could've gotten more for him then, instead of a small CB who has battled injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

This guy in the 2nd or 3rd could be an option.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Would love this guy in the 2nd. I doubt he makes it to the third. He reminds me so much of AJ Brown. Would be perfect for this offense.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I do too but when these guys make it known they want out the team trading them loses alot of leverage. Plus we were competing with the draft. Not alot of teams desire to pay the money to a veteran when you can get a cheaper option although unproven in the draft.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    This is more like it. He seems to make a catch and get YAC. N

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He's an assclown who quit on his team. I'd have been fine releasing him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I mean... Donte Jackson is a versatile starting Corner. There is that to the equation. I agree that, in terms of a talent perspective, Pittsburgh lost this trade here.

However, trading a starter for starter?! Id say the terms are roughly equal. Carolina has their Number one WR and Pittsburgh has their number two CB. Now granted, I still expect the team to do something about this as Clesmons Pro Day is today. As is tradition, expect Pittsburgh to bring everyone within and outside the proverbial family there.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    See I feel like they were lucky to get what they got for him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    His ugliest moment was Johnson pouting when he did get the ball in the end zone, but didn't hold it long enough to ensure the refs wouldn't blow the call and take the touchdown from him. I've seen people (not necessarily you) making excuses for his immature, selfish behavior and it's getting really old.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Some here will feel it's a Yinzer over reaction on my part. However, I felt it was embarrassing to the organization.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah

I hear voices too

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Addition by subtraction and at least they got something

Better than cutting him

Better than having the malcontent cancer here

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011

15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    From my reading, Jackson was drafted as a slot corner but played mostly outside. Maybe they draft a true outside corner and move him inside. Either way, he has to be an upgrade over every corner on the '23 roster not named JPJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He quit on a play, not on the team :shrug:, and now they don't have a #2 WR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And the team got worse by the trade :rolleyes:.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He quit on many plays. That was just the most obvious example.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So did George Pickens :shrug:

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    At least he has the excuse of being younger. Pickens is still only 22. Johnson is five years into his career and he is still pulling that nonsense. I wonder if part of the motivation to move him was to get that influence away from Pickens.

• Like Like x 1
  21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

DJ lost most of his value when he quit on that loose ball

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe, not like we’re fielding a team tomorrow. Plenty of options to fill that void.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He just is glad He's gone because He pointed out that His man crush shouldn't have been playing instead of Mason

• Like Like x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry that having me correctly point out that you are wrong so often makes you feel the need to post nonsense like this. The man crush comment is laughable and childish. I have pointed out that I did not want the Steelers to take Pickett. I wanted Linderbaum or Hill. I was happy primarily because they didn't take Willis. (Speaking of things I was right about...) I have criticized Pickett's play, pointed to his regression this season, and that he has to get better. What you passed off as a man crush is simply that I haven't given up on him and because I have a better grasp of the factors that seemed to interfere with his growth and those that made life a lot easier on Rudolph in those last three games. Just because you don't agree and can't handle me pointing out the misleading way you present information doesn't justify that nonsensical response from you.

I have many issues with Johnson. The biggest one is the way he quit on plays. The ugly one against the Bengals was the worst of it, but there were reports that he was doing it throughout the season. The guy doesn't work to help his quarterback when things break down and that is a big problem. He also regressed in parts of his game. Go back and watch film from his first season or two. Johnson was dangerous with the ball in his hands. That part of his game nearly vanished the last few seasons. I don't care that he stated a preference for Rudolph at quarterback. I simply pushed back against the notion that an immature, selfish receiver should have any say in the direction of the franchise.

You are capable of an intelligent debate, so it is very disappointing when you post childish crap like that. Please do better.

(Cue the TLDR response STD uses every time he knows the other poster is right and he can't effectively refute what they wrote.)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry....You like saying sorry. Name one thing I said that is wrong. You can't. If it has anything to do with Mason you huff, and puff(which I'm pretty sure Your are great at) lol.