1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Farewell Mason Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Only non fans would root against the Steelers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You mean like the one year contract we just signed R. Wilson at???
    I'm sure someone will be along to try saying how different that is, but no matter what they say....both just signed a one Year contract, and neither was promised to be the starter.

3. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    I lived in Michigan for 27 years and never rooted for Lions and was ‘diehard’ Steeler fan. Last year I enjoyed watching the Lions. I guess I am transitioning into a casual fan. It’s got nothing to do with Mason and more to do with ownership and Tomlin. There just aren’t many likeable individuals on the team.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Like that proves anything. We watch GMs make bone headed decisions every single year that the common fan wouldn't do. I'm very sure I don't have to give examples, but if needed just ask.....

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well I like Mason....I was one of the few who has stuck up for Him from day one, I actually thought He should have been drafted higher than Baker Mayfield, but if we play Tennessee....I hope we make Him look like a fool....outside of that....I wish Him big time success.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol omg

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    In that game against the Lions, he threw for only 242 yards on 50 pass attempts with one touchdown and one interception while the team managed 16 points in regulation and overtime against the worst team in football. He also missed multiple wide-open receivers, including one who was alone in the end zone. He also made an idiotic decision on the final play of overtime, throwing to Freiermuth just past the line of scrimmage with three defenders around him, putting the rookie in an impossible situation just to try to get out of bounds. That risk wasn't worth it for a yard or two.

Rudolph got to play without Canada this past season. That's why that issue is brought up differently with him than it was for Pickett. Also, he was a sixth-year veteran, not a guy who got stuck with Canada for all but a game and a half of his first two seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You do Know....I remember some people saying this exact same thing when we brought in Trubisky. That Mason had been given His chance, and that they felt way better with Trubisky, and KFP than Mason.....yet who was it that actually helped win the last games to get us into the playoffs last year???
    Was it Trubisky....KFP...???
    I'm haven't trouble I guess remembering. Who was it that the team look to when it looked like we might not even have a winning season???

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That you predicted someone would do it doesn't make it any less true. Wilson came cheap because the amount of money the Steelers gave him wouldn't affect what he got paid for this year. Also, age is a big factor. Wilson is 35 with his skills in decline. Rudolph is in his prime, such that it is.

Rudolph's contract is cheap even for a backup, which yet again demonstrates that the rest of the league doesn't think that highly of him.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You laugh....Am I lying???
    How about the Watson Contract.....after everything was known, and knowing that more cases were coming....was it genius to sign Him to the biggest guaranteed Contract ever in the History of the NFL???
    Need more .....believe me I got hundreds more....that no fan past the 7th grade would have made....yet these so called brilliant GMs have done.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL....I said someone would.....even after all the stupid word salad.....it still comes down to the facts.....both signed a one year contract. Facts....not some $hit @Formerscribe is trying to spew.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    League wide lack of interest two off seasons in a row but because GMs get things wrong clearly they are all wrong here. One day they will wise up and make Rudy a starter!

Whatever man, not interested in tearing the guy down, thats not why this thread was made.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: You can't refute a word I wrote. As usual, you rely on presenting things in a misleading manner by avoiding context that you don't like.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, but the Rudolph fanboys were sure to draw it in that direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So no GMs make terrible mistakes???
    I'm not tearing the guy down....I'm pointing out GMs make terrible decisions all the time. I'm I making this up???

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Did you not read my post? :lolol:

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Run

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Every back up can’t be given a full season of starts to be considered a fair chance.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I read Your post. We have seen the whole NFL of GMs pass on guys over, and over in the draft....for multiple rounds, and watched those players become way better than the players that all the GMs spent 1st, and 2nd round picks on. We've all seen it. You know You have. What I'm saying is what the GMs think doesn't mean everything, and You better hope they are wrong like I'm saying....because two GMs didn't want anything to do with the Qb our GM just signed, and many GMs also passed on Him.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This isn't some rookie they haven't seen against NFL competition. This is a six-year NFL veteran. They have much more information about Rudolph as a pro than they would about kid coming out of college. Why do you not know that the two situations are different?

There is a decent argument to be made for your side of this, but you haven't found it yet. Do you need some help?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I said in my previous post that GMs get things wrong but so what, they are all missing this blinding talent that Rudolph wields that they have now been largely uninterested in him two off seasons in a row? Come on man.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok. Remember this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2024-3-14_14-33-29.gif

Rudolph when he is selling real estate

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3