1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 20, 2024.

1. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Have you gave any thought to just maybe KP has attitude issues that just doesn’t fit?

Yes KP wasn’t dealt a great hand when it came to OC, however the OC did not make him move out of the pocket darn near every snap. I wanted KP to be successful, I just haven’t seen anything that makes him look like a franchise QB.

For some reason I just get that feeling that KP feels entitled. But that’s just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Maybe they've seen all they needed to? :shrug:

Look at guys like Trey Lance, Rosen, P. Lynch, Haskins, Z.Wilson, all first rounders. Given up on quickly. Sometimes you've seen enough to know.

I absolutely can't believe that they still have high hopes for KP and make this move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    I just read that Denver is waiting to hear from WilsonIt also said that with Wilson coming to the Steelers say goodbye to Mason. That is ridiculous, you have Wilson who hopefully stays healthy then we have Pickett who is still learning and has a glass jaw. This has to be a joke. What happened to that competition there supposed to have.

4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Not in love with the pick-up other than it is cap friendly. That attitude will quickly change if he starts, plays well and they win some games. Same as others that are either meh like me or hate the signing.

My question is how motivated will Wilson be? Especially if he is told he has to win the starting job? I guess we will know soon enough.

No matter what, he has to be better than Trubisky. I know it's a low bar, but still.

I suppose that means they will make no effort to sign Rudolph. So, what then? Take a mid-rounder QB for a third arm or sign someone off the scrap heap?

One thing is for sure, Pickett has got the message loud and clear. He either plays better or holds the clip board. I think he just might have it in him, I mean, 30% of me does. I just hope Arthur Smith can help get it out of him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    You should probably stay out of the gambling world

• Like Like x 1
  6. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Tomlin said there would be competition. He did not know at that time he would be getting Russell Wilson. Competition over.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Far far away!

8. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    They are bringing him in to help Pickett along. For a million dollars you cannot go wrong here. We had a rookie and two busts for a QB room. Wilson brings a SB and a play away from two. Seattle let their entire team walk after the second SB loss. Don’t even look at what happened in Denver because that whole thing was stupid. He can possibly help move Pickett along and give him at least a year to understand what the position entails. Pat MaHomes said his year on the bench was eye-opening and helped him a lot.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    How do you fully measure someone who was put into such a bad situation. Khan has even put blame on Canada.

10. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    It’s not competition, it’s class.

11. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    He has to develop, this will give him someone to watch practice, game plan and play. Very few come out and start immediately. It’s a process, he has to go through it.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They may have had wind of him not wanting to return, but if another team was talking to him before noon today that was tampering.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We got a better QB than theirs at 1/50th of the price.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Many of this list above of your post was also in a very bad situation with their first team.You can't be too patient in the current NFL with the QBs...They are too important

15. Macker

Macker Member

Sep 18, 2022
    Happy to see Wilson join the Steelers. Definite upgrade in my eyes over Pickett. Just hope the OC can work with him to be successful. Excited to get the new season rolling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Yeah because coach T is such a disciplinarian. The same coach that let AB rent a house instead of having him share a dorm room at St. Vincent.

17. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I hear Wilson throws a great bubble screen ball, maybe the best in the league

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There goes that idea. Cushenberry is going to the Titans, leaving me with the sinking feeling that the Steelers are going to settle for some scrub like Brewer.

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Let's hope that was Payton being an idiot and misusing him, but he threw way too many passes behind or at the line of scrimmage in 2023.

20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Wilson's personality and life style certainly doesn't fit the Pittsburgh blue collar city image. His wife is a Grammy award winning singer and she and him are much more comfortable rubbing elbows with top notch celebrities but if he can lead the Steelers into a deep playoff run then I really don't care about his Hollywood lifestyle. It really doesn't hurt anybody.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I give credit to Wilson for playing at all. The Donkos are paying him $38 mil, and I don’t know if he is still getting paid by the Seahags. If I was in that position, I’d buy an island in The Bahamas and pay people to floss my teeth. All the $1.2 mil of Rooney lucre will probably do is complicate his taxes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Blast will be fine ONCE he realizes players generally win or loses games.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    His wife hasn't had a hit in like 20 years, it's not like Seattle or Denver is LA or NY.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The real problem is that all this move does is likely continue to have us go 9-8 or 10-7, not really contend and then next year we are right back at square 1. Drafting 21st with no QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Russ passed is an upgrade from Trubisky regardless of salary. Russ is a bargain compared to what Trubisky was paid and offered. Most NFL players know they are in a battle for their jobs.

KP is the starter at this point. Wilson can win the stating job. KP better step up his game.