1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 20, 2024.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Too soon

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    I like the Russel WILSON pick until he does not win :steelflag: a Superbowl if he doesn't get rid of him. I want the 7th Superbowl win I'll take anyone who can do it.I don't want to hear ooooooo he could win a playoff game or 2 :icon bs: we are the Steelers not CHUMPS ---champs.:herewego!:

3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    A fool and his money are soon parted. Fortunately for me I couldn't find anyone to take my money, so Beer is on me boys.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    If Wilson beats out KP for the starting job, then we are for sure drafting a QB soon.

we might be looking for a franchise QB for 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is my primary issue with the signing, that we don't get a definitive answer on Pickett. Maybe the signing is the answer, meaning the Steelers have given up on him. Then again, maybe it is just dragging this out and the plan is to put Pickett back in there in 2025. If that is the plan, this signing sets the team back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    They need to worry about 2024 first.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Kenny has 2 years left on his rookie contract. I don't see them admitting that much fault. They are playing the narrative that Kenny still is in the competition although we all know Wilson is starting unless he stinks up a storm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They aren't going anywhere until they find their long-term quarterback. Maybe Wilson gets them into the playoffs. Maybe they even win a postseason game with him in there, but do you really think he makes them a Super Bowl contender? If not, what's the point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I say we get Fields as well if we can he may be good with some weapons around him in the future .. Fields would be a better #2 than KP at least ..

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I agree

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Broncos benched him late last season with no viable replacement, then took an $85 million cap hit just to get rid of him. Those are compelling reasons to question how much Wilson will help the Steelers.

How many years have Steelers' fans expressed concerns about an offense that doesn't throw over the middle and throws too many passes at or behind the line of scrimmage? Wilson is weak passing over the middle and he led the league in passes completed behind the line of scrimmage in 2023.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Maybe Wilson is okay with a year and mentoring Pickett - if so and if the game is over in the 4th quarter so - I'd put Pickett in and let him run it like it's the first quarter. Some games are tight the whole way and he never plays and some games he gets in.

Pickett would be the mop up guy like baseball.

But at year end - we'd have a good idea of his future.

13. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    With our running game ( and it’s getting better ) we should play action pass like never before. It fits Smith and Russ!!!!

We should now be considered SB contenders!!!! And making Payton Look like an idiot would be the icing on the cake!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think we are going to learn much about Pickett in a role like that. That is why this is either the Steelers giving up on him entirely or they are pushing back the evaluation of him by a year, which is not good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    it's foolish to treat Kenny like Mason let him go

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

It's not really a give up on KFP thing it's he has all but proved he is a career bu at best maybe a wash out.. The main reason I think this is a bunch blame our past OC for his simple play calling and simple designs and yet KP could not read those or see open guys on simple concepts...

17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    May I disrespectfully agree to your respectful disagreement?

18. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Will Russell Wilson be starting because he still has it? Or will it be based on his overall body of work as it was with Trubisky? I hope he still has it. But if we are going off overall body of work, I say bring back Bradshaw for his 4 Super Bowl wins.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Free Agency is moving a little slower than I expected.

For Pittsburgh to be a legit consideration as a contender, they need an OT and Center.
    I haven't really seen much Steeler chatter.... but that's the way they work.
    I also don't expect them to be shopping too much anyway. They got Wilson for practically nothing.
    Mostly I hope they shop players who fit.

I would also add that if they are shopping DJ as reported, they will need a plan B WR...

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Except motivation on its own doesnt beget a bigger bag for Higgins. An injury plauged 2023 aside, Higgins is a Number One WR. Hell... I am shocked that the likes of the Commanders havent inquired yet. Among the teams that can give him the bag?!... Washington is a very good fit.

Another is New England. That all said, Cincy likely wants a first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    We have the technology…we can rebuild him!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Sup Big Boss!!

How you been?! It has been quite some time!! :herewego:

23. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I guess the Wilson signing means we can cancel the Michael Vick, earl morral, jim plunkett, and cliff stout interviews.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's one way to look at it. Another is that poor coaching led him to focus too much on avoiding mistakes and not enough on making plays, which led him to bail rather than take some of those open shots down the field.

25. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I get the better stronger faster
    Why did it never include smarter?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1