1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 20, 2024.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tomlin: Russell, we guarantee you’ll be given a fair opportunity to compete for the starting job against Kenny Pickett.

Wilson: So, I’m guaranteed the starting QB spot.

Tomlin: The guarantee is that you’ll be competing for the starting QB position.

Wilson: Against Kenny Pickett?

Tomlin: Yes, against Kenny Pick…okay, okay, sign with us and you’re the starter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I want my two dollars

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2024-3-10_14-20-32.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  4. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    upload_2024-3-10_13-22-59.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Well you did well with the first 4

Then you tripped on the punchline

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

People keep talking about Wilson's veteran presence. I don't think he has one. I think he has the reputation as an arrogant jerk that says what people want to hear to the cameras, but holds himself above everyone. He's not a leader. Needing a separate office to he doesn't have to interact with his teammates? That is going to inspire grown men to play hard? I don't think so. I think he has become more of a problem than he is worth. He has pissed off many of his teammates with his nonsense. Men in NFL locker rooms don't respond well to frauds.

I also think that his movement skills have eroded, he is still a short player that is going to be forced to operate more exclusively from the pocket, and things can go downhill very quickly. He also isn't signing a 1-year vet minimum contract. He will want multiple years and big money after the first year. He won't be getting any younger, taller, or be improving his leadership anytime soon. I still say I would pass.

If I believed he was a solid leader, I would be more likely to get behind signing him. But I don't think that at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That would definitely make more sense but from the things the Steelers have said, they seem intent on Pickett getting another shot, Tomlin even said this is a huge year for Pickett. You’d think they would bring in someone like Tannehill who could push Pickett but wouldnt make waves if he is the BU. I don’t see Wilson taking it in stride if he signs here and doesnt start. The only way that would work if he agrees to backup Kenny knowing that they will switch to Wilson if Pickett is struggling.

The only other teams he is visiting so far is the Giants and Raiders. I think the Giants are still committed to Jones and the Raiders will likely be drafting a QB. Wilson may look at Steelers as his best chance to play this year if he feels Pickett will faulter.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Never understood the clicks generating money. Wouldnt they then have to click on the ads embedded within?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    And look how he ended up

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Your last sentence is what I am thinking

But your other sentences were nice too

If Wilson does not believe he can beat out Pickett then he ought to just retire now

Although the Steelers want KSP to do well and they want to give him a chance to see what he can do with new coaches Rooney made it clear this isn’t a throw away year he wants to win games

If Wilson is the best option he will play

But he will have to prove he is the best option

Posts suggesting that one or the other is just going to be anointed the starter are foolish posts

If Wilson signs preseason may be worth watching

n’ at

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes

But the sites jump around so much you think you are clicking on one thing and next you know it you have an ad for Russian brides and it takes forever to get out of it

Or so it does for me

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't hate him, but I do know that he has no credibility.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, they wouldn't. The idea is to show advertisers that a given website gets a certain number of clicks. Because that allows them to sell ads, at least in some cases, they incentivize the number of clicks generated by a particular reporter.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t know that much about him. I’ll listen to him on occasion to get his perspective but don’t put a lot of stock in it. I listen more for the entertainment value than anything else.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Got a link?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    All about foot traffic.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    A fantastic 9 year career with the Steelers. Bad ending doesn’t outweigh what he did for 9 seasons.

18. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I don’t think he is a jerk from what I have seen. He is quirky and comes across disengenuine (is that a word), because he try’s to hard and I think it rubs guys the wrong way. I think he gets enamored with that superstardom, hollywood stuff but I think he has been nocked down a peg these last few years. The whole separate office thing is no big deal ... Kenny Picket had his own office with the Steelers. One GM said that is pretty typical for most QB’s. The big thing for me is maybe the guy’s career is rejuvenated under Arthur Smith and we get a posse off motivated player who wants to prove everyone wrong. The thing that is attractive is we don’t have to give up draft capital. We still have so many holes on this team why not take a flyer on him while we continue to build up the rest of the team. If he doesn’t work out were no worse off we have KP whom we can really get a look at to see if he is who we think he can be. If Wilson works out KP sits behind him and learns for a couple of years. If neither work out then we all know what were drafting next year. You sign Justin Fields and give up a draft pick your down one less player going into next year and probably having to draft a QB early next year anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow. Have to hear the details of this and the plan.

People can breathe a sign of relief now, no Fields.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Signing an aging 5'11" QB. Couldn't have a guy that doesn't fit Smiths offense worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    The black Trubisky

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    I hope not

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Here we go, end of the KP era. How could it not be? When was the last time the Steelers signed an over the hill SB champion QB? Bobby Layne? lol

maybe it will work out better this time (?)