1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    @Steelhammer92 is correct.

And to answer your question, you don't. You investigate and report what is truth and let the audience decide. However we see these journalist and wannabe journalist just wanting clicks.

2. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Facts.

It's hilarious when I see a second hand journalist reporting what another journalist said. Yet when you investigate SI saying, "Wilson is to be backup according to steelers", you get nothing.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It is hard to say, not much discipline associated with this staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Jones is recovering from a torn ACL, which is an even bigger concern for a quarterback who relies on his legs as much as Jones does. Also, the Giants can get out of the deal relatively cheaply after 2024, so that contract wasn't quite the long-term commitment everybody thought it would be at first glance.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    All I got was that it went back to Strrackbein, who is a worthless hack.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, but even they make mistakes. That is why I have made such a big deal out of Dulac contradicting himself and refusing to admit he had it wrong the first time. That shows that not only aren't his sources as good as he would have us believe but also that he lacks integrity.

You have to look at the sources the reporter uses. See if they contradict themselves. See if they admit they were wrong when it happens because it is going to happen. Most reporters use unnamed sources, and when you do that, it is more likely they will screw you. Also, sometimes the source has it wrong. Take Mike Prisuta infamously reporting that Russ Grimm got the Steelers' head coaching job a day or two before it went to Tomlin. He has owned that mistake. No, I don't think he made it up. I think someone gave him bad information, either because they were talking out of their ass or because they wanted to screw him over. I've never been sure which because I don't think he has ever revealed it publicly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Apparently teams don't care about dead cap hits.....see R. Wilson as an example. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Won't be long until some people start sharing a post and than realizing it comes from AB.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Naa, not the truth, just your opinion. It’s clear you don’t like the guy so why waste time trying to convince you otherwise.

The guy chews up and spits out people on a daily basis because they talk out their ass and he knows infinitely more about football then they do. It’s really amusing to watch actually. It’s funny because most people like him won’t engage but he just cooks them instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Oh, he had stats?
    Did he play with him?
    He coach him?
    Did he even quote a player?
    Quote a coach?
    He have a track record Of being right on quarterbacks?

I see a lot of QB he was just a jersey on. Like Mayfield.
    I see him call our offensive line a fraud and claim bell being great..... in fact he even applauded Bell for his hold out and not showing up.

Screenshot_20240309_173917_Chrome.jpg

11. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I know Minnesota does not want to give up on the return of Kirk Cousins just yet, but Russell going back indoors where he belongs makes a lot more since than Russell playing in those freezing cold AFC December games.

2 indoor teams, Atlanta and Minnesota, both looking for a QBs this offseason, you would think these would be Russell Wilson's first stop on his NFL tour. Both Atlanta and Minnesota are trying to get Kirk Cousins, don't be surprised if the Looser again has to settle on Wilson. (Aaron Rodgers not to the Denver Broncos all over again for Russ)

12. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    If Wilson is the backup, I’m ok with that.

But Wilson as the starter? Blech.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Russ took the Seahawks to 2 SBs. They let him go to Denver. Who does that with a franchise QB? The Broncos are now going to pay Russ $85M to play for somebody else. Who does that with a franchise QB? A blind man should be able to see the red flags.

I vote NAY!

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I gave a winner for this. Because this is all things I Keep thinking about. If He comes here I will root for Him big time, but I think it's a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Man, you and @jeh1856 always hating on Strackbein. I kinda like the kid. He’s just trying to make an honest living. :shrug:

16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The things different commentators have said is all over the board. but what you actually see and hear from former teammates about his time in Seattle and Denver is certainly red flags. I get the intrigue of bring him in, especially if Denver is paying the extreme bulk of his pay, but I can't believe a guy suddenly changes who and what he has been overnight. I don't know if KP can elevate his game to even respectable back up level. but there is a huge difference is both his attitude and the locker room between a supporting mentor who has the experience to step in if/when needed, and someone being passively agressive in wait. Sadly we are in the sucking vaccum of QB choices, to far out to move up agressively (the cost in capitol) and hopefully not stupid enough to invest huge future CAP in over the hill guys.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    If he wants to be in the news business he can get a paper route

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2024-3-9_21-57-46.gif

19. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023
    Do you?

Coaching matters too. Does anybody get that anymore?

It doesn't matter to you that Pickett's offensive teammates sucked a$$ for most of the season. You still pin everything on him.

Now because you are so anti-Pickett, you refuse to consider the fact that Matt Canada was a bad OC and Kenny Pickett was running the worst offense in the NFL in his second NFL season with all players in complete disarray for much of the season.

Russell Wilson was playing for maybe the greatest NFL offensive mind of the last 20-25 years or so.

That great offensive mind wants nothing to do with Russell Wilson after watching him play in a proven NFL offense with great coaching

Maybe you should consider what I just said in your equation of how you evaluate quarterbacks.

It matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Big Ben won 2 Super Bowls and led his team to 3.

That didn't stop anybody that wanted him gone from Pittsburgh.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am not sure what the Walmart people were thinking when they signed Russel Wilson. You really have to wonder how they got so rich.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There are enough red flags against Wilson to make me a bit edgy about all of this news, but the Payton thing is not one of those flags. Payton needs a quick reading, quick decision making QB operating from the pocket to run his offense. That’s never been Wilson’s style of play, even when he was playing great ball. The Wilson of a decade ago would likely have been an oil and water mix with Payton just as much as the current Wilson is. It was destined to be a bad pairing from the start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

True, but that makes this the second team that believes they are a better team without Russell Wilson and this one is willing to eat $39 million to see him play elsewhere.

When you see a quarterback with his experience unable to operate in an offense and clearly not take to any of the coaching of a truly great offensive mind....it tells you a lot about the player and his attitude IMO. Clearly, Russell Wilson was only interested in doing Russell Wilson things. It is likely to be his attitude anywhere he goes. He's going to learn the offense, but he's going to ignore the coaches and do what he wants on the field.

This is basically who Russell is now.

Russel Wilson has turned into a guy that wants to be the hero in his own story. Somewhere along the way, he became a BS machine that alienates and elevates himself over his teammates. I don't want his traveling entourage, his private office, his private BS machine, or his me-first approach with his contrived and created new persona anywhere near this young locker room.

We ride?......hopefully NOT!!! :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 2